When did you realize speakers were superior to headphones and why?

When did you realize speakers were superior to headphones and why?

Attached: speakers-home-audio-headphones-theater-vs-5-1-for-best-wireless-2015-top-bluetooth-bose-use-7.jpg (2000x1333, 137K)

Tomorrow

>people who have speakers in apartments
fuck you

if you don't have the balls to come up and tell me to turn it down then basically you're saying it's ok

Yes I love using my speakers on the train and late at night when my housemates are sleeping hmmm yessss

When I moved out of the house and my parents wont be mad at me for blasting clown core through a 750watt 5.1 surround

The day I first tried listening to music on headphones...

this is the same subwoofer I have, it's the large 18 inch one they make. Not sure how anyone can listen to it unironically, since even putting the volume up to 20% will cause pictures to fall off the wall and your ears to ring.

The day I lost my virginity I didn't care anymore about mommy listening to my edgy system of a down crap.

A/Bing the two it is pretty apparent that even on great headphones, speakers image much better. Even the open back high dollar ones sound like its in your head

I'm a mixture of these. I think you can have speakers in an apartment, no problem, but have to think about your neighbors. Especially if it has those paper thin walls. You can certainly have some nice bookshelves in an apartment though.

The thing I hated most about apartments was trying to sleep while a neighbor was listening to The Hurt Locker on their Home Theater in a Box setup.

>blasting clown core

AKA "magnetic music"

>apartment above gets a tenant

Attached: dj_oniryx_on_funktion_one_home_sudio_tv_by_psysrek-d6oz9my.jpg (960x720, 96K)

Headphones are too restricting, I'm a musician so if I'm playing along to a song with my guitar I always played along with the speakers. Also I like to get into whatever I'm listening to, sometimes that means bobbing my head, sometimes it means head banging. Speakers allow me the freedom to really enjoy music. Also speakers will always be better for home theaters.

>6 years, not a single complaint.
Maybe you should treat your room and set up your speakers correctly?

Attached: Untitled-1 (7).jpg (2666x1000, 688K)

That probably has more to do with your listening listens and neighbors than anything else. Room treatments don't isolate, their isolation is negligible. I also don't see a subwoofer in there, which helps because low frequencies travel the worst.

Listening style* (not sure how that became listening listens)

When I first purchased and listened to a pair of RTI12s. I never want to actively listen to music with headphones again. I had some klipsch promedia PC speaker shit before that, but the big boys are a different dimension of performance. For my battlestation i try to emulate the experience with some el cheapo 8" studio monitors and a 12" sub.

Save up for some nice battlestation speakers, I find mine get more use than my main system.

Treating your room so music sounds correctly makes easier to not having to blast at high volume for correct sound.
I have a subwoofer. And thankfully the best place to put it sound-wise was where it stands now.
on the right side of the monitor.

[fake spoiler]had to move it 5cm to the right to make it fit under the table[/fake spoiler]

Attached: Untitled.png (461x386, 283K)

I haven't even owned speakers for something close to a decade.

for any price point it's cheaper to get the same quality sound by far using headphones and it's more considerate to my girlfriend. I can have more or less the perfect sound with 10 grand on headphone equipment but the same quality would cost 50 grand or more with speakers which is too expensive for me. obviously I would prefer the speakers in a perfect world, but I'd rather have perfect sound that I can not bother people with than lower quality speaker audio.

I can't be using things that inconvenience the people around me. Headphones are cheaper good quality sound than speakers too even at the high end.

>Trips
Welp, the truth has been spoken. Also when I purchased my first pair of bookshelf speakers and headphones of the same price couldn't reproduce the same sound quality and accuracy.

semi related, what are some good DAPs? Fucking sick and tired of my ipod. Its the only product from apple that I own and itunes is a shit program.

There is probably something better now but I use a Sansa Clip+ . I actually have two, one is still in the box in case this one dies.

Do you own a smart phone? Why not simply use that?

Not that user but when I travel I like to have a separate mp3 player to preserve battery on my phone. This is probably less of an issue now since most international flights have charge ports and my phone lasts a lot longer, but, I'm kinda paranoid about connectivity when I'm overseas.

I propose to categorize HighEnd as a mental illness, I believe it belongs somewhere in the schizophrenia area. HighEnd illness is displayed by phonetic halucinations which prevent enjoyment from music for the afflicted. The afflicted individual compulsively and even autistically examines the technical side of recording and music playback. He/She ignores the artistic and atmospheric side of the music.
This afflicted individual is a grateful victim of marketing department belonging to the companies which sell audio equipment. They are supporting further development of demented thoughts in the afflicted individual, who then tries to resolve his/her illnes by buying overpriced equipment, which will never bring him/her satisfaction. The unambiguous top of the polished fart are overpriced tube amplifiers with THD levels in units of percent ingnoring the basic laws of EMC, mains filters (or EMC power supply filter), and gold plated digital audio cables.
Suggested treatment - Audio therapy in the form of visiting live undergound gigs (preferably with bands playing pvre trve cvlt orthodox norwegian black metal) with cheap audio quality and half-deaf sound engineers serving powerful D-class PA systems.

Attached: magor.jpg (700x525, 56K)

I like this post

Attached: 1519328047693.png (233x255, 76K)

Is this the guy who built the horn subwoofer under his floor? Are those the mouths against the back wall?

People shouldn't have to tell you to turn it down. It shouldn't have to get to that point.

Is 5.1 worth it over 2.1, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1515670992477.png (612x491, 98K)

>You mustn't communicate
Face it: You're the problem, not the music or the speakers.

>Suggested treatment
>Make them deafer so they'll spend more money to fix that deafness
Smart idea.

Not for music, no. Maybe for movies, but it's much more expensive to make a good 5.1 setup because you don't want those shitty dinky speakers they bundle.

Audio noob here. I just ordered a pair of KEF q350’s and a denon x1300w. Am I going to need to buy my own speaker wire?

>Spending a few months broke for them
I just looked them up and they look like they go for 300 dollars. He's not an audio professional.

Yes, just get amazon basics or media bridge (I use that). Look up a quick tutorial on how to strip the wire, takes a few minutes.

>being such a nuisance that people have to come out of their homes and into yours to tell you to stop being such a nuisance
>and that's somehow a good thing
Face it: You're the problem, not muh society's isolation.

Different walls have different isolation. If his music is bothering you, you go over and talk.

When I started putting foam on the walls. No joke

>people who have speakers in apartments
Come at me bro

Attached: 7Y8gSwC.jpg (4656x2620, 1.4M)

>giant shitty speakers to play distorted music even louder

let me guess, you like to eat lots of smelly feces

you might invest in a better camera

>camera
It's a phone.

>he was so desperate for feminine attention he had two giant vaginas with anatomical clitorises installed in his lonely apartment

has it really come to this, O'Malley?

get your heared checked
I SAID:
GET YOUR HEARING CHECKED
NO NO
HEARING, NOT EARRING
HEARING
GET YOUR HEARIN-
PUT IN YOUR HEARING AIDS GRAMPA
HEARING AIDS
HEARING
RIGHT HEARING
AIDS
AIDS
NOT "ZE"
AIDS
HEARING AIDS

You realize that he doesn't need to play those speakers loud.

Shhh...
Poor people are so used to play things loud to even hear what is playing only to someday realize proper speakers can play at low volume and still feel FULL.

Hell, even bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer will feel "full" at lower volumes.

It's a sucky photo, either way, mane.

Threads like this always serve as a good reminder that most of Jow Forums is poor and suffers from extreme sour grapes when someone else has something better than the average user can afford. Also the level of social anxiety is so high here its kinda funny.

>Probably uses headphones and plays way louder himself.

so tell me more about how you need to feel full, jamal

Attached: when he needs proper speakers to compensate for other things.jpg (236x318, 18K)

Agreed. And the thought of that Jow Forums probably has a few bitcoin-millionaries makes the fact even funnier.
Anyone with a entry-level job should be able to afford a >$10k system with ease, so I wonder how many % of the Jow Forums user base are unemployed.

>threads like yours evoke memories of hetersexually compromised individuals who hang their self esteem on objects which they present as high-priced through which they must present to others in order to feel adequate

just a reminder that I'm not seeing any KEF Muon or Moon Audio Titan in your poorfag set up

>KEF Muon
I've seen A KEF Muon once, and it was on a static display in a small shop in Dubai. It's a cool speaker

I havent posted my setup here, I am just pointing out that the user base of this website doesnt like reminders of their poor life choices or inability to concur their fears in favor of NEET lives inside, where they cant be hurt and where they wont grow.

I really do like this website but it seems like many people here just stagnate or wallow in sadness to such a degree that nothing really ever truly changes.

Kinda cramped, strange and not very appealing as a room.

Serious question: Do you have a girlfriend?

>Serious question: Do you have a girlfriend?
Serious question: Do have to ask to know the answer? ;)

>Anyone with a entry-level job should be able to afford a >$10k system with ease, so I wonder how many % of the Jow Forums user base are unemployed.
Spoken like a true wagecuck MacFag.
The point is not being able to afford it or not, is not wanting to spend all that money on that, you know, something called priorities, my cute millennial friend.
My audio setup costs way less than that and it's fine for me. I could very well afford something "better", but considering that the benefit is very small, I just don't see the point in spending so much money on it.

what are you even talking about right now?

/g spends money on other things like $3200 worth of graphics cards, not to mine bitcoin, but to play some stupid RPG

there are developers on here that make over 300K a year irl but they put it all into real estate and cheetos

not everyone is a macfag and feels the need to have to display their wealth, much less through belongings that no one actually cares about -- this is mental illness usually associated with profound audiophilia

>Also the level of social anxiety is so high here its kinda funny.
Yeah, so high that you need to show everyone your nice little setup because of how insecure you are.

Muon seems more like an art piece that an approach to sound.
The Blade seemed to be focused on realizing an acoustic goal than Muon. I remember the Blade series had some sound issues, but I forget specifics.

Not all of Jow Forums, most people here complain when someone does that or call him a faggot, because its easier to attack others than be reminded that poor personal choices keep most people down better than anything else.

I still havent posted anything I own in this thread, just pointing things out.

>The point is not being able to afford it or not, is not wanting to spend all that money on that, you know, something called priorities, my cute millennial friend
Exactly, so I don't understand why there are so many who spergs on others "more expensive" setups, when the setups aren't unobtainable at all for most people.

>sour grapes the post

Jow Forums is a buypig board

>10k system with ease
Don't be ridiculous now. There are systems you can build for less than half that price that are more than phenomenal for most people. My system currently is only around 1500 dollars. I'm looking to bump up the speakers and amp/receiver soon, but what I have now is more than perfect for me, and would even so for a larger setting than what I'm using it for.

I was just saying that people with jobs should be able to spend $10K on their hobbies without any bigger problems

Those aren't my speakers, it was a joke. Also those are Funktion One's, probably the most respected prosound speaker

i'm fucking POOR

That's a personal problem that you can fix.

Ane recommended bluetooth media players to use with home audio that isn't a phone?

And you're not even human.

>buy high end headphones
>have to sit in one place because cable

>buy high end speakers
>have to sit in one place because they're set up just right and any other placement with throw the sound off, except you've paid ten times as much as for the same audio quality in headphones

Attached: DG_1380_2_PS05192017_yandy-panty-lingerie.jpg (650x1170, 82K)

Or ya know, text/call me and tell me to keep it down. My neighbor has my number. Afaik, I'm not pissing anyone off with my regular listening volume, and I only crank it up when my neighbor isn't home.

Here we go:
-Blade mid-woofer xover is set low. Midrange can easily bottom out
-In spite of low xover point, opposite mounted woofers cause interference off axis in midrange.

These are first-order filters, I think? Reference series has a slightly higher xover; they don't have to cross so low. The performance there is conventionally better.

>Midrange can easily bottom out
Don't high end speakers have limiters built into them? You'd think for however many thousands of dollars it should be impossible to overdrive the thing because of internal protections.

I guess that is only possible with digital loudspeakers like Meridian?

We hereby present to you the official Jow Forums Award for Most Toxic Comment of the Year.
We're presenting this award to you so early because we're confident that no one will be able to top the sheer ridiculousness of this post.
Please prepare a speech within 20 minutes.

>using the term toxic unironically

Attached: 1497314831785.jpg (385x375, 35K)

Thank you, but you need to go back.

Attached: 1433712453880.jpg (256x287, 44K)

>when did you
From birth
>and why
Sound characteristics, I think the 'philes call it "sound stage" when talking about headphones, tune-ability, no physical fatigue during long listening sessions.
Headphones inevitably make my ears feel some kind of discomfort. Earbuds are wishy-washy even with high price conforming tips they dislodge.

Positional audio on headphones (5.1 or even 7.1 movie audio) is trash emulation, even the multi-driver headphones are using software to give a facsimile of surround because the drivers at best have 15 degrees of positional separation. There's no real traditional L/R or center.

>He doesn't have two subwoofers for most accurate positional audio and ecclectic niche techno with bass harmonics
Pure pleb I bet your receiver doesn't even support 7.2ch

Bottoming out would be a stretch, looking over the data again. But the distortion does shoot up around 200-400Hz in a way that the less ambitious models don't. It looks more like a revision to the xover is in order.

Overdrive circuitry isn't going to happen outside an active speaker.

>He doesn't have two subwoofers
Anymore that is.
moved them around for full frontal(pic), one back one front, side to side etc. The room plays well enough with one of them and the optimal position of the sub ended up being in the image I first posted.
>I bet your receiver doesn't even support 7.2ch
Would be very strange if my receiver didn't support it.

Attached: 2013-08-29 19.53.20.jpg (3264x1840, 496K)

Yeah let's see you talk when your landlord and neighbours get you fined for making too much noise.

Moving to a 50acre property at the end of the year. Will be able to blast my terrible music as loud as I want. Can't wait!

t. nigger

When I got tinnitus from wearing headphones but not from listening to speakers.

I used to live below a girl who was hard of hearing. She never complained about my speakers and she paid half the Internet bill for wifi.

Best relationship I ever had.

My landlord says "I'm not doing this with you deal with it yourself" and then they come talk to me or they call the cops.

get fucked

>I dont like confrontation with others so I delegate that to people in positions of power out of fear
When did you leave the basement last?

I bought speakers and moved them into my bathroom because I only use them when I'm in the shower.

headphones have always just made more sense for me since I stil live at home with my family, however, I'm finding myself with more time alone in the house so picking up some speakers might be a bad idea. What can Jow Forumsg recommend for $50-$100 and won't take up a lot of room on my desk?

*might not be a bad idea.

>mfw I just ordered two of these along with Klipsch's R-115SW using my tax return money
>mfw no face because I can't use two pictures at once

Attached: chrome_2018-04-17_17-32-56.png (2000x1161, 638K)

Just came from the AXPONA audio show Sunday, and all I can say is that we live in Good Times for audio! While I've got a decent speaker system that still holds it's own after hearing masterpieces at the show, I tend to listen to headphones more. My headphone sound approaches perfection and I can hear subtleties most speaker systems overlook. That's not to say speakers can't be perfect - but how much $$$ and space do you have to devote? These Avantgarde horn speakers were 109 dB efficient and sounded as good as anything I've heard. For only $450k! With another $250k of electronics! Speakers Rock, Headphones Enlighten.

Attached: 20180415_151350.jpg (4032x3024, 449K)

I always knew they were better. 'phones are nice and all, but if your living situation presents you the opportunity to play music at loud db spl, spending 4 figures on headphone gear just seems like a waste. stuff like fancy tube amps, better off spending that shit on a stereo system, where you can take full advantage of your dollar.

As for the non audiophile gear thats priced more than a car, speakers still out perform headphones. Unless youre stuck in a tiny box shaped apartment room, in which case I wish you godspeed and pray you can get a better room at some point. point is regardless of budget, as long as your living situation allows it, get speakers over headphones.

Attached: howtowaste5figures.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

Say hi to the cops I'll send you nigger