Why is this illegal to pirate in 2018 if Microsoft doesn't even offer the consumer a way to purchase it?

Why is this illegal to pirate in 2018 if Microsoft doesn't even offer the consumer a way to purchase it?

Attached: win952.jpg (2560x1600, 66K)

>if you don't offer me a way to purchase your property, then I can steal it
Such weak bait.

>i forgot my wallet so i can't pay
>let me just steal ok?

Because copyright law is FUBAR and it is your moral obligation to disregard it and pirate fucking everything. Have you been living under a rock all your life user?

You're not entitled to it, sweetie.

More like MS is not entitled to a perpetual monopoly. Do you even know what copyright is supposed to be faggot?

why do you need win 95 in 2018? dumb pirate

>le copyright infringement is stealing may may
maximalist scum

Copyright should end after 15 years or something. A lot of old books and video games are illegal to distribute. But no one can track down who even owns the copyright anymore.

This is exactly how it is. You can only fight it by adapting and offering your services to a wider audience. Anything else is just useless waste of energy.

how's your gentoo rice treating you faggot?

Nobody gives a fuck, people who want to pirate it will pirate it

>how dose proprtie wurk? XD

Attached: MAXIMUM_BRAINLET.png (300x300, 9K)

they don't want you to be using LTSB
now be a good goy and go back to sleep

Copyrighted creative works enter the public domain after a specified amount of time. But media companies (like disney) keep working hard to get that time extended.

Used to pirate as a teenager but after I grew up and got a job, I realised that companies deserve to be rewarded for their hard work and now I don't need to worry that my Photoshop or game update might fuck up my crack or that the activator contains malware.

Because this would be extra competition against Windows 10

I watched that episode of Adam ruins comedy too

>muh property
If you sell something to someone, then it's the property of the person you sold it to, anyway, why does microshit sell their products if it's all "their property"? Man, why dont they leave it for themselves? It is their fucking property

You're not stealing it though.
You're copying it.

>I'm entitled to other people's work for free

Yes, actually.

you couldn't be older than 12, what is software licensing for 200, Alex. you seem to have a pretty feeble grasp on software in an environment other than your moms crusty basement. dope post tho

Have a (You)

Attached: 5279-16830-11723.png (1000x630, 151K)

and you faggot posted this on Jow Forums as well. literally kill yourself you faggot

Actually 21 yo fat fuck here, thanks I guess lol

>pirate
>pirate
>pirate
>pirate
>pirate
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as piracy, is in fact, unauthorized copying, or as I've recently taken to calling it, unauthorized sharing. Piracy is not the act of obtaining an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work, but rather robbery or criminal violence at sea.

Many computer users make unauthorized copies every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the act which is widely performed today is often called piracy, and many of the people who do it are not aware that it is basically copying, and not stealing.

There really is a piracy, and some people are doing it, but it is just robbery at sea. Piracy is an act of theft: an action at sea in which goods are forcefully transferred from one ship to another. Piracy is important to be aware of, but unrelated to unauthorized copying; it can only function at sea. Piracy is normally not used in combination with unauthorized copying: the two acts are basically separate. All the so-called piracy is really unauthorized copying.

Attached: 1370708752910.jpg (1312x2000, 213K)

Also
>software licensing
More like
>muh use that binary blob the way i want or i will do poopoo and call da police :(

They earned that monopoly by offering a superior product that was unmatched at the time, and still is in most aspects. Cry me a river, commie.

Pirates sure are entitled babies

>babies
>entitled
Entitled for what?
Also, file sharers*

you can buy it on MSDN for $2k with a subscription

>I'm owed the ability to have this old software

Or you can just spend 30 seconds reading a Wikipedia article to learn the same thing.

>superior product
It was just cheap.

The competition was light years ahead in the early 1990s, most notably
NeXTSTEP with native 32-bit support, preemptive multitasking, privilege separation, TCP/IP networking out of the box, object-oriented API, b-tree based file system (as opposed to Microsoft's FAT, lmao).
At that time, Windows was still running on top of 16-bit MS-DOS, used the absolutely garbage FAT file system, no built-in networking (later shitty "WinSock" bolted on), no privilege separation, single processes could easily crash the entire system.

DOS and Windows won because they worked on poorfag $2000 computers.
The superior alternatives required $5000 - $10000 computers.

Microsoft has always just been the 2nd best but cheapest commercial option.

I'm not sure why you'd want to use Windows 95 in 2018, but you can always just buy a copy from Amazon or Ebay.

That would be theft because microjew isn't getting za moneys

Because copyright and IP in general got lobbied into being insane.

Most of the world let itself be "convinced" to change the deal from "we bother to protect your shit for 20 years or so, then we all use it" to "we bother to protect your shit for 80+80 years and if Mickey Mouse or anything might fall out of copyright we'll prolong it so companies get profits forever".

Doesn't make any sense, but professional lobbying power obviously works.

Also, apart from that, burgers got software and business method patents and nobody actually gives a fuck whether anything is SUPPOSED to be patentable anymore. It's just about all passing the non-hurdle for patentability nowadays. Got a slightly larger dildo with one bump? So innovative, have a patent!

BeOS worked on the same cheap hardware.
Microsoft killed it by forcing OEMs to not offer any competing OS.

You can buy Windows 95 sealed boxes for $30 btw.

Fair enough, though BeOS was a bit late too the game. By 1995 Microsoft already had Windows NT

it's what happens when you spend too much time on Jow Forums - Communism

Home users didn't use NT before XP.

I've known plenty of home users running Windows 2000.

Before XP came out?
Didn't know anyone running 2k besides myself.
And I was a rare case who only used it because I got an release candidate for free with my copy of VisualStudio.

In any case that's just one year earlier.

I too enjoy proclaiming completely false statements on the internet.

I would do the same if I was creating original content. Fuck the people who think they have the right to profit off my work. You have to deal with big corporations that want to bully you out of ownership and little assholes living in their basements that also want to bully you out of ownership.

XP was the first NT-based OS marketed at home users.
Older NT versions only targetted workstation and server use.

Isn't capitalism great?

Isn't capitalism great?

The FBI only prosecutes piracy when it's you giving it to others. If it's personal use, they could give literally less of a shit.

Walt is dead, and has been for some time.

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

Attached: 1484677654107.jpg (660x281, 52K)

Blame Disney. Anyway this isn't the best place to be asking this question.

it's couldn't give less of a shit
ya know
couldn't

The (((law))) is useless

I got a beta ISO of Windows 2000 before it was released and distributed it widely at LAN parties
A month later most people were running Win2k

>>muh use that binary blob the way i want or i will do poopoo and call da police :(
yea you really don't get it

t. Microsoft paid marketer

Fun fact original copyright was 20 years after publishing.

So if the corporate whores did not balloon the time out of proportion windows 98 and earlier would be in the public domain.

Attached: VRWktkpTURBXy84ZjIyMzMyNmEzNmNiOGEwYTYyMTE2ZmZiNjdhODI2Ni5wbmeSlQMAOc0CgM0BaJMFzQMgzQHC.png (800x450, 316K)

>stealing a software that steals your information for money...
really makes you thinkkk

Windows isn't only protected by copyright.
There's also trademark, and shrinkwrap contract

Yes

Yes

bcos you are still breaking the EULA