Russia Bans 1.8 Million Amazon and Google IPs in Attempt to Block Telegram

>Russia Bans 1.8 Million Amazon and Google IPs in Attempt to Block Telegram
archive.li/uRaX1

>The move to ban these IP blocks is a response to Telegram moving some of its infrastructure to Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud servers over the weekend.
>Roskomnadzor banned the Telegram instant messaging client inside Russia's border on Friday, April 13, after Telegram refused to hand over customers' encryption keys to the FSB, Russia's main intelligence service.
>By moving servers to Amazon and Google servers, Telegram was able to skirt the initial ban and provide service to Russian users over the weekend.
>Many users ridiculed Roskomnadzor's decision on social media, and for good reasons, as the move to mass-ban so many IP addresses had secondary repercussions, as it also blocked many legitimate web services. Users reported many online games, mobile apps, and cryptocurrency services going dark over the course of the day.
>The number of blocked IPs has now reached over 16 million

Attached: serveimage[1].png (788x400, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/fourchan_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why'd they even block it?

haha google and amazon BTFO

Didn't hand over the encryption keys so the Russians could snoop on messages. Literally quoted.

its not like the FSB can ban the mathematics behind encryption, I find it to be such a stupid decision and really bad PR for the ruski gov.

I wonder if they ended up blocking some of their own gov services.

>Russia banning botnet
>EU suing botnet
>USA bending over in every way for botnet
Land of freedom.

They should have hijacked the domain names at ISP level instead, not really hard to circumvent but neither is the current IP ban.

>after Telegram refused to hand over customers' encryption keys to the FSB
Does this mean Telegram is safe to use? If american agencies ask them for the keys, will they refuse too?

Why do they consider this a problem but not normal HTTPS?

Countries can ban encryption by making it illegal to have encrypted data.

>Roskomnadzor bans SSL
>everything stops working
>civil war breaks out
>communists take over Russia again with the promise of working SSL

They already have access to all the services most Russians use every day. Telegram is in the unfortunate position of quickly becoming one of these services, hence the shitstorm you see now.

This. I was laughing at first but now that they started banning jewgle and jewzon I'm jelly.

if the russian government controls the traffic so much how come all shady viruses and shit come from russia and noone gets arrested

USA is not bending over. USA literally owns every single one of those services and has access to all logs. USA bends everyone over, not the other way around.

Because
1. some malware is ordered by russian government
2. they don't give shit about other
The government relies on terror and they need access to people's data to keep them in fear. They don't care about preventing real crimes.

FUCKING GREAT
TELEGRAM IS FUCKING GREAT
GO TELEGRAM AND FUCK THOSE COMMIES IN THE ASS

I don't get why they didn't just give Russia the keys? I mean every other country they operate in already has them.

Cyber crime is Russia is only considered a crime if it affects a Russian citizen, so their viruses skip Russian victims

Because CIA asked Google/Amazon not to do that

RUSSIA IS A SHITHOLE. Their women need to move to the glorious United States. It's not like they want to stay there anyhoo. BTFO!

I feel sad for you, lonely guy.

>telegram refused to hand over customers' encryption keys to the FSB
BASED.
AUTHORITARIAN NIGGERS BTFO

Attached: vatnik russkie.jpg (475x604, 122K)

DNS filtering is easier to circumvent than IP filtering. But a combination of both is harder to circumvent than either IP or DNS filtering.

Good. Don't want the corrupt Russian government to snoop on other countries' users.

> google and amazon
> saying no to US alphabet soup agencies

don't think so

and how would you enforce that?

Not a question of authoritarianism but corruption. The Chinese are more authoritarian but far less corrupt because they have a system of checks and balances in place.
Which is why China is rising and surpassing the West.

> china
> not corrupt

lamo. it's one of the most corrupt regimes in the world

Not at all. It has surprisingly low levels of corruption compared to Russia.

> not at all
> compared to the #1 champion

compare it to the rest of the world champ

its so corrupt that the corruption doesn't even show up, you need honest people to report it

Sure. But still less corrupt than Ruskies. Chinese regularly shot high-ranking officials for corruption. Ever heard of such thing happening in Russia? Nope because corruption is a way of life there and literally every single government official is corrupted.

they shoot "corrupt" people in NK too, you have to be an idiot if you even trust their courts to represent justice and not some shady party interest

Except NK is more corrupt than China. Authoritarianism and corruption often correlate, but authoritarianism alone is not a bad thing. China owes its rise to authoritarian rule combined with market reform.

brace for burgershit Jow Forums incoming rationalising censorship because BASED Vovan the savior of vatn.. White Race does it

Attached: 1498573728325.gif (60x95, 24K)

I guess there are less corruption avenues in NK, a lot of low level corruption goes unnoticed because everyone is in cahoots to watch smuggled SNK and K-POP shows.

>russia
no one cares about your barren third world shithole

>bans /12 subnet
just ban /0 and be done with it already lmao

feels bad man

Attached: 1515932666454.jpg (469x452, 39K)

from what i hear, telegram still works in russia for some reason
also, isn't it considered illegal for a company to bypass a ruling set up to block their services? wouldn't they get in more trouble?
obligatory link to g telegram group t.me/fourchan_g

>third world
Russia is by definition THE second world nation.

and in reality it's stuck in 19th century. at least.

>no more russian aimbots in TF2

Attached: YEEEEEEEEEEE.gif (720x404, 1.41M)

>1.8 Million
current ban 19 million IPs

Attached: .jpg (184x184, 5K)

yea, call me when you get your fiber 100/100 for 15$ in every village with population above 5k

hmm I have 1000/1000 for under 10$.

that has nothing to do with quality of life though.

So this make Telegram the go to IM app.
No wonder ISIS use it.

How does it feel having the USA cock in your ass?

We have a telegram groups?
>tfw I found out my normie friend is in that group

And Russians will simple use VPN.

in russia? yea no you don't.

we do now, it's a recent thing

No, it's just the dummy proof IM app.
Wire and Wickr are the real options.