Rapid encryption and backup? please advise lol

I've lost my job, my girlfriend left me, and my life is falling apart. I'm selling all of my stuff and moving to Southeast Asia to give myself some breathing room while I sort out my life. Years of neglect has left me in a situation where all of my data is stored on hard drives in my desktop without backups. I've sold my desktop and they're coming to pick it up tomorrow so I'm in a hurry to get my data backed up so I can DBAN the drives ASAP.

I was thinking about just storing everything into a massive, encrypted 7z archive and uploading it to my unlimited Google Drive, but that means the data would be out of reach until I build another desktop that has sufficient storage. I want to pack light so I'm only bringing my laptop so I'm not really happy with that solution. I've thought about buying a cheap, storage oriented VPS and running a samba server to mount as a network drive. That sounds like a lovely idea as it would basically feel like how I'm using my desktop right now (as long as I'm connected to the internet), but is that realistic? I'm thinking I could get a VPS in Singapore or somewhere with decent ping to Thailand or Vietnam or wherever I end up.

I'm sorry if this is pretty wordy. The feels combined with a lack of sleep is wrecking my brain. The thought of losing all of my data is making me panic.

I also need to figure out a way to FDE while dual booting on my laptop. Do you just run FDE on each OS separately? Sorry for being such an amateur, but I'm not finding great results on Google.

Thank you, user.

Attached: nezumi-lain.jpg (1419x895, 65K)

clean the slate op just delete everything.

Encrypt a loop device with luks and then just mount it over ssh from wherever.

If you aren't concerned about the NSA as an adversary, is Microsoft's BitLocker acceptable for encrypting the Windows partition?

Attached: D5AVbaA.jpg (3264x2448, 917K)

If you arent concerned about quality of your encryption, you might as well just send your shit in plain text

NSA can read != Jamal can read

Even you are able to bypass bitlocker user so jamal must be able to do it as well.

Bitlocker with TPM and proper shutdown, so no DMA/Cold boot is OK

Bump

Just buy an external drive

Become a software vegan or a data pagan

I encrypted everything in plaintext.

Attached: hax.png (201x280, 30K)

Why would moving to SE asia solve all your problems. You'd be a homeless loser who does not know the language oh, and you're not even a citizen. What am I not seeing here?

>Why would moving to SE asia solve all your problems. You'd be a homeless loser who does not know the language oh, and you're not even a citizen. What am I not seeing here?
What money he has left will go a lot further there. Like he said, he's figuring shit out. Having somewhere cheap to live and eat makes that possible. I'm assuming OP is from the US or EU where the cost of living can be quite high.

>
>>Why would moving to SE asia solve all your problems. You'd be a homeless loser who does not know the language oh, and you're not even a citizen. What am I not seeing here?
>What money he has left will go a lot further there. Like he said, he's figuring shit out. Having somewhere cheap to live and eat makes that possible. I'm assuming OP is from the US or EU where the cost of living can be quite high.

If you think the us and eu are expensive try Australia.. makes the US and EU seem like dollar stores.

Related to OP, what would be the easiest/best way to mount a remotely hosted system as a network drive? My laptop only has 128GB of storage and it's rough.

What is a data pagan?

just zero-write the drive from a liveCD retard. 1 pass is more than enough.
alternatively just take the drives with you.

A VPN. That's its main purpose - not the “muh IPS won't spy on me” bullshit.

tfw 18 replies and no answers
tfw i dont have an answer either
sorry op

Yeah, don't go to SEA.
A change of environment can do a lot for you, but you're ultimately just going to be escaping the box you've built for yourself here and building another one there, except you'll be far removed from people who share your culture and language.

The US is a really, really big place. If you're looking for a clean slate, just moving to another city can give you that. There are 350 million people in this country.

Perhaps but as soon as they see a white boi they increase their prices with a shitload and charge you for fucking everything. Holiday is okay but living there for a while is hell.

Since you haven't told us how much data you're dealing with and your budget, the only real safe advice one could give is to just upload it to GDrive.
Split it into multiple archives that you can pull down and unpack on your laptop when you need something.

I'd move it to an external hard drive ASAP though, since Google could just delete your data whenever they want.