R.I.P

(((Google))) has finally broken this great app through an update of the YouTube framework

Attached: images.jpg (311x162, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vanced.azurewebsites.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo
and newpipe you anal faglord

Attached: 1418845764561.jpg (306x306, 17K)

So that's what happened. I've noticed today that they put the videos in a little container in a corner that follows you through the site like a cheap news site would do.

I don't see a problem.

Attached: Screenshot_20180418-002454.png (1080x1920, 135K)

>using FagPipe
That's the problem

Find us a better solution. Oh wait, OG is dead, and it sucked ass In the first place.

You can either use Newpipe or YouTube Vanced via Magisk to suit your needs. They both even have a black theme. What I'll miss from OGyoutube though is the ability to download the videos in 1080p with sound that Newpipe still cannot do after all this time.

Why can't newpipe do that?

I actually don't know. I'm not really following what the dev is up to, maybe you can go on Github and ask him

OG is an unstable and ugly piece of shit. Newpipe dude

This
Kys yourself.

>OG is unstable
Because newpipe is an example of stability? I never used an app that crashes so many times on my android phone before. And I'm owning a S8+. I'm really starting to wonder if F-droid and other FOSS software repos are really of any quality to begin with, compared to proprietary software. Why should I stick with unfinished ripoffs or products when competent devs are working on polished apps, all of those available on the Google Play store?

>And I'm owning a S8+
Found the problem

i dont see the problem:
>using newpipe one day
>crashes when i do something
>i submit detailed bug report
>it's fixed next version
>no bugs since
also:
>fennec f-droid works as well as firefox
>amaze file manager works better than current ES
>simple gallery works well
>termux works well
>silence is objectively the best android sms app
>andotp and afwall+ work great
maybe only install apps that have had an update in the past year instead of going out of your way to find abandoned broken shit. there's plenty of shitty old apps on the play store as well

Right lads so I've been trying to get YouTube Vanced to work but it's not letting me sign in, even with microg installed. I think this is because I still have an old microg installed from using OGYoutube, however I must've installed it when my phone was rooted a few months ago because it's not showing up in the app list so I can't uninstall it. The OGYoutube-specific Google accounts tab is still there in my settings menu, I just can't do anything to get rid of it. Do I have to root my phone again to fix this? If I do get it rooted, then what? Is there a way to uninstall "hidden" apps?

That's because youtube has 1080p video separated from the audio. NewPipe would need to combine both files in one.

Shameless self bump pls help

You may effectively have to root your phone to un install the faulty microG

Ok, when I do end up rooting my phone how do I make it visible to uninstall?

Just use NewPipe or Skytube.

YouTube Vanced
Is the best YouTube app right now
vanced.azurewebsites.net/

why is this link not listed in the XDA Thread?

>phoneshit

You're part of the problem. God, why do I even bother with this board these days.

Just looked up fennec f-droid. Description says this app tracks and reports your activity. What.

>Because newpipe is an example of stability?
Pretty much.
It works perfectly on my Pixel 1.

the old link redirects to it so they probably just haven't bothered to change it in the thread

It's just Firefox built by F-droid, but it still sends data to Mozilla because they don't patch it in any way.

It's not the app that is shit, it's your phone desu

Newpipe has never crashed, through a shitty Mediatek Meizu all the way to my Mi A1.

If it is something you really want to watch in 1080p or 2160p just download the video track and audio track in m4a. Install an app called "replace add audio to video". Select the video and add the audio and let it transcode. Then open in video player of choice. Bit of a hack, but it works. Other than that, NewPipe is fucking awesome.

Because for certain qualities and formats YouTube delivers separate audio and video streams. In order to combine them the dev would have to use ffmpeg which is huge. So either he has to distribute a build for it, or someone has to build a separate app for it and have NewPipe use it if installed.

F

Wow. This is actually really damn good.

Newpipe sucks ass, you can't sign in so you can't get recommended videos which is half the reason I use youtube, plus I'm pretty sure it uses the stock android media player which is total garbage, maybe that was skytube though

user with the faulty microg here, do either of you have a problem where the app instantly crashes if you scroll down to the comments section?

>Phoneposters

>if you use your phone to watch YouTube videos it must also mean that you post on Jow Forums through your phone

Attached: 1522778558978.png (553x278, 88K)

>the absolute state of FOSS

Well yeah.

works for me

send them feedback telling them to "fuck off with these new features", clear your browsing history then reload youtube.

Newpipe or yt Vanced is the modern way to watch low quality web content

Webtube.apk