Can't wait for this bad boy to come in. first time getting a trackball mouse i'm so stoked...

can't wait for this bad boy to come in. first time getting a trackball mouse i'm so stoked. how bad did i fuck up Jow Forums?

Attached: wew.png (800x687, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

solutionsnw.com/2017/03/08/trackball-versus-mouse-for-carpal-tunnel/
alternate.be/html/search.html?sort=PRICE&order=ASC&filterCategoryPathROOT/Invoerapparaat/Aanwijsapparaat=Trackball&filterCategoryPathROOT/Invoerapparaat=Aanwijsapparaat&filterCategoryPathROOT=Invoerapparaat&query=*#listingResult
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You didn't fuck up. That's a god tier trackball.

>Not getting an elecom with a replacement red ball

You got a DECENT trackball...but you can do better for the same or less

good for servers and maps

which one? i thought elecom was some random chink company on amazon with cheap ass products so i avoided it

Attached: elecom-trackball-range-explained-featured.jpg (800x600, 115K)

It's wonderful to use... until it breaks. Mine lasted just over a year before the buttons started fucking up.

>which one?
Second in your picture, with the m570 blue ball.

>with the m570 blue ball
i thought you said that would be a decent trackball. why would i switch it?

I am used it right now and while I like the idea I think I would prefer a trackball for the index finger, so I am buying a new one. Nothing wrong with M570 is just a matter of preference.

That one fucking sucks, OP. Get the OG red ball.

I have one, it's not as good as my old PS/2 Logitech Trackman marble but it's ok. I basically have to clean it daily to keep it smooth and there is a break in period

what happened to the buttons exactly and how is the haptic feedback on yours? I read a review that they had a short travel distance so it didn't feel as satisfying to click.

Which one? I'm very new to this.

how long was the break in period for you?

It really depends on how long you use it in a day but it started to smooth out in a week or so

>what happened to the buttons exactly
Single clicks would register as double-clicks. Sometimes holding a button down wouldn't register as being held down; trying to drag and drop became impossible, because it would "unclick" at random before I actually let go of the button, dropping whatever I was dragging before it got to where I wanted it to go. Once in a while clicks wouldn't register at all.

I read that you can order new switches and take it apart and replace them, but shortly after my buttons started shitting the bed, it started having wireless connection issues as well, so it wouldn't have done me any good.

I don't like thumb-balls after having used finger-balls, but that mouse did prevent me from getting RSI. I've also found I can't really match the precision of a standard mouse with a trackball despite hearing many claims that trackballs are more precise, but that only really matters in dumb computer gaymes.

What did you get to replace it then?

Money's a bit tight right now, so I'm just using a regular old mouse until I can afford a good trackball. (Will probably go with one of the Elecom ones mentioned earlier in this thread.)

I hear you man. Hang in there

What are advantages of trackball?
It looks stupid
t.never used trackball

Attached: tumblr_o8kxzskZ5v1v43b53o1_500.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>i thought you said that would be a decent trackball. why would i switch it?
It was another user but whatever...
You woudln't switch it, but if you want a better one (and it's probably too soon for even think about it) you should try that elecom with a blue ball instead of their black one.
I think you'll be more than fine with what you got. It's a good trackball.

easier on the wrist
helps prevent carpal tunnel if you use a mouse all day

I like fingerballs better. The newer elecom ones are great.

I use keyboard mostly.

you asked what the appeal was not if you personally should use one.

It’s basically the best trackball available for thumb-ball users.

Anybody here have experience with the successor model to op pic, the MX ergo?

So should I?
Ergonomics is only advantage?

solutionsnw.com/2017/03/08/trackball-versus-mouse-for-carpal-tunnel/
if you are mostly using a keyboard it won't really matter but yes they are mostly used to prevent wrist injury

>helps prevent carpal tunnel if you use a mouse all day
Command line master race fixes this problem

You didn't fuck up at all, you have found the next step to a more efficient input device.

it's pretty good. you can use it in games too as long as its not like an arena shooter. i could play games like cs, bf, cod, etc with a trackball, but couldnt play quake or ut with it.

Is there a trackball with bluetooth? I mean...besides the MX ergo cuz that shit's expensive

>tfw thumb injury
>tfw my wrist is gonna get carpal tunnel

feels bad man

I use the MX Ergo and had the M570 before that.
The Ergo is better.

Attached: 560046-logitech-mx-ergo-3.jpg (800x687, 29K)

Been using this thing for a couple of months now. My wrist pain is gone and it just feels so natural and satisfying.

But just don't kid yourself, its not the best for everything, but great for most day to day use cases.
I would stay away from 3D Modeling, Gaming and tripple monitor setups and use a regular mouse for that.

Attached: 1514275119203.jpg (572x621, 104K)

tee hee
he has a tiny blue ball

Attached: 417FCRZRJ9L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 19K)

>The Ergo is better.
No shit. It also cost 3 times as much.

OUTTA MY WAY BALLETS FUCKING SHITS

Attached: mbank264676_w1400_h1400.jpg (1400x1400, 128K)

Also just looking into getting one. But for some reason it is fucking expensive to get 4 buttons and a scrollwheel. And often it is one or the other FFS.

alternate.be/html/search.html?sort=PRICE&order=ASC&filterCategoryPathROOT/Invoerapparaat/Aanwijsapparaat=Trackball&filterCategoryPathROOT/Invoerapparaat=Aanwijsapparaat&filterCategoryPathROOT=Invoerapparaat&query=*#listingResult

>Thumb Trackball
Enjoy your RSI.
t. own the third from the left in with a replacement ball

Attached: 1515788912002.jpg (640x556, 63K)