My dad thought crypto mining was cool so he tried to build a mining set up...

my dad thought crypto mining was cool so he tried to build a mining set up, he claims to be mining "one coin a day" but I don't think he even has a wallet set up. Why would he do this?

pic related, it's the mining set up

Attached: mining.jpg (1200x900, 161K)

for the sweet GAINS

Attached: tfw.png (304x343, 222K)

Nice

Attached: 1501201310873.png (315x353, 77K)

This is actually an improvement over the typical 'crackhead rack' style setup. At the very least, it is pet resistant.

However I much prefer my own setup. Retaining some of the enclosure ensures that there is actually airflow over all of the major components, while many wire rack setups have stability problems caused by the chipset overheating from lack of airflow over it. Plus I used the chimney effect to design it, and am getting enough passive cooling that the only fans it actually needs are the CPU and GPU.

Attached: IMG_20180111_214253207.jpg (2448x3264, 2.43M)

He's trying to bond with you, genius.

>crackhead rack setup
>computer on carpet
PLZ

2 in 1

A miner and a heater

no, he just does these thing. A few years ago he bought 10 PS3's to try to "upsell" them online. We still have 8 laying around somewhere.

Attached: mining2.jpg (1200x900, 160K)

brownskin detected

with that setup your dad is a fucking genius

You should be glad your dad is into tech at all. You should help him and do it together as a hobby and stop being a whiny bitch.

Attached: 1501346669427.png (600x583, 340K)

This user, my dad just watch anime, in dubs and had shit tier tastes.

It seems like OP is the normie one of the two.

I wish my dad was into at least some of the things I am. Instead he enjoys sports and whatnot. I'm probably quite the disappointment to him.

>he claims to be mining "one coin a day"
Ask what coin he is mining then laugh when it's worth about $0.40.

But why the cage? Is he afraid they're gonna fly away?

Dad I am disappoint

probably retarded kid trying to eat the cables

Faraday cage to protect it against EM noise.

lol, yr old bloke sounds like a right wog.

Naughty GPUs go in the gay baby GPU jail.

Man, you guys make me glad about my dad.

>literally has caged slaves mining for him
Your dad is alright.

What's the website/app?

NICE

>: ]

I had a dad once. He did touch ups for a magazine back in the early 2000s. Inspired my love for computers by brining me into work as a little kid to play with the powermac. We used to play magic together too. I'm sure he would have been amazed at bitcoin and mining, maybe even would have started doing it with me back in 2012.
Rip dad 1969-2008

Attached: 1509920805464.jpg (821x869, 88K)

You probably ended up on this site thanks to a fucked up childhood and absence of your father
Now he is trying to recover those lost years by sharing interests with you, dont be a faggot and talk with your old man

>are your GPUs running?
>no, they're in a cage

F for user's dad respek
F

Your dad is fucking weird.
Think i already have a mental archive of what he looks like and might be like in person.

Attached: Pepe_the_Frog_-_Plush_doll_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 81K)

Anyways you should call him out on his stupid spending of money, get a project together that you both can work on, pc's/ car etc.

F