Macbooks are overpriced

>Macbooks are overpriced
>Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better. Reminder that $1300 rMBPs are light, have a 2560x1600 retina display, the best keyboards and trackpads in existence, 8GB RAM, outstanding battery life, NVMe SSDs, and the best build quality and support in the business
>...

Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1514241467454.jpg (711x399, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/search/text/>Macbooks are overpriced/
youtu.be/9-NU7yOSElE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Here's a machine with the same specs for half the price
>no this doesn't have an Apple trackpad haha I win again

Attached: 1365465816227.png (300x291, 80K)

Do you actually copy and paste this shit?
Honestly if that was my job I would walk in front of a bus

They're not overpriced. They are by far the best laptop you can buy. The price reflects that, and theres a reason why so many people use them.
The meme exists because a lot of people simply cannot afford one.

>Best keyboards and trackpad
>Outstanding battery life

When the fuck did subjective traits become part of this? Fuck off.

>Soldered RAM
>Soldered Storage
>Soldered fucking battery

into the fucking trash

>retina display
Its just a display, idiot. Retina is meaningless

>Reminder that $1300 rMBPs are light, have a 2560x1600 retina display, the best keyboards and trackpads in existence, 8GB RAM, outstanding battery life, NVMe SSDs
>$1300
That's a fucking laugh and a half. Go ahead and price one out

>Can't un-solder any of these and make a replacement
Stay classy caveman

xps 13

>yea, just break out the solder, microbead flux paste, heat gun, and spare memory chips you have, and just crack open the damn thing.

I use one for work, it's p. comfy

>macfags believe this

Attached: 1502072061359.gif (330x186, 1.57M)

>my hp stream pro that cost me all of $150 runs silent and never crashes under Linux
>my macbook pro at work runs hotter than hell, has a worse keyboard, and periodically crashes in MacOS. It cost my employer over $2000.
I mean yeah, the screen is nice. I'll never knock that, but in terms of getting work done the mac is seriously trash.

>Buying a laptop with a keyboard that requires a trip to the apple store 4 weeks in once a few specks of dust get inside it

colors stay same at every viewing angle. BOOM bunk

So any monitor in the past 5 years

Can you finally put an end to your life?

Three machines that are better specs/quality than Apple:

Razer Blade Stealth
Dell XPS 13
Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Even if Apple had better hardware, Apple laptops aren't even Linux compatible. It would be like owning a Lambo you can't even drive in Cali due to emissions. What's the point in owning one if you can't do anything with it? Without Linux, it's a big fucking paperweight.

MacOS itself is pretty much a gaudy linux , close enough?

No.

If you pay a premium and want superior specs there's
Asus ROG
Razorblade stealth
Dell xps 13/15: the 15 supports 32GB Ram and a GTX 1060 GFX card

The best price to specs ratio is held by Asus. Since they limit the number of third party components their build quality and operation life is the best in the class for the industry.

I would vote lenovo the second best for durability and water resistance. The x2 carbon was an insanely good laptop.

I've been anti apple for most of my life but if the imac pro is an indication of moving in the right direction, I hope to see a macbook pro supporting 32 GB 9f RAM and at least superior quad core

Did you buy the HP new? Is it stuck with the shitty emmc bullshit?

One lil dusty boi can make a key useless. Try harder.

Not to mention they hold value really well. You can buy a brand new Mac in 2018 and still sell it for about 80% of what you paid for it in 2022, so you're only paying $300-$500 for your next Mac.

>tech board
>forgets that Apple is a software company as much as it is a hardware company

You're paying for the OS, ecosystem and the insane rent prices of their thousands of stores worldwide. Isn't that something very obvious or is everyone here mentally retarded?

Bullshit. So long as they make external versions of the keyboard and trackpad, no macfag can use those as a reason another machine is "inferior". Though including them as part of the specs is fucking retarded to begin with. Though I've yet to see a laptop with the same specs and resolution as a macbook for half the price. *Comparable* specs, maybe. Like an a8 instead of i5.

t. Macfag

n... NO....

lenovo yoga 720.
Intel Core i7 7700HQ
15.6" Ultra HD IPS TOUCH (3480 x 2160)
NVIDIA GTX 1050 2GB
16GB DDR4
1TB SSD
If 2kg is too much to carry maybe you should make more exercise fking soyboy.

Chromebook master laptop

Have you seen the dell xps touch screen 4k displays? They came out 4 years ago.

The problem with macs is not that they are expensive.
The real deal breaker is the same as with any other Apple product: if you do have enough money, there's always something infinitely better available from another manufacturer.

Its not a charity case.Apple has failed to compel anyone who is not rapid fanboy why >Its worth paying several thousand dollars for sup-bar, under efficient hardware
>I should support a company so anti consumer whose regulations would make the likes of a totalitarian corp such as Intel cringe
>I should switch to wall gardened ecosystem so closed in Windows 10 looks reasonable

kill yourself apple kike

rbt.asia/g/search/text/>Macbooks are overpriced/
You are a sad, sad man. Please report and move on.

Attached: m1_1.png (1080x343, 36K)

For example why buy an apple screen when you can get a decent EIZO under $5k, or why buy some shitty Beats headphone when decent planars and electrostats can be had in the range of $2k?

dell xps if you value a nice screen
dell inspiron 7559 if you value gpu performance

no we can not put an end to this "meme"

If you really want a modern thin and light with good performance and build quality without breaking the bank, just get the Acer Swift 3 SF314-52G-55WQ.

You can pick 'em up for under $700, full aluminum construction, IPS panel, 4 core Intel CPU with dedicated NVidia GPU, etc. There are a few tradeoffs like 1080p, but for half the price I don't care.

No, thanks, I prefer to have shit that doesn't break or I can fix myself.
Macs are only serviceable with soldering equipment.

That's because your shitty HP has about 100 transistors inside.

OSX is the most popular BSD variant in existence

>rent
>shitty OS
Their bad decisions are not my problem.

That doesn't make your el camino a super duty pickup

youtu.be/9-NU7yOSElE

how will macfags defend this?

Apple products are pleasure to use, they feel and look nice and your possibilities of getting laid are like 30% more if you're a guy and own the semi/newest model, probably goes even higher depending where you live, I was born in a shitty third world country, I remember just how much attention I would get for owning the newest Apple phone, it's absolutely retarded, but it makes sense, the only people that can afford the newest models are people with a noticeable amount of money and Americans, can't really buy the newest iPhone when you make a ludicrous amount less than the average McD's wage slave in merica.

Attached: 1515103849170.jpg (790x1053, 103K)

Don't let consumerism ruin your country , people are borderline zombies here.

except you can be on welfare here and afford an iphone because of contract plans

The $1300 Macbook has a core m3. You can get a core m3 laptop for half that. The Xiaomi Airbook 12.5, for example. If you're speccing out around an m3, the Macbook is complete trash in terms of value. There's nothing you can do with an m3 they needs an NVME SSD or more than 4GB of RAM. If you do need more power than that, you're spending even more on a Macbook and Apple is bested in every price point.

I think Apple really did have a lead in design for quite a while. I don't think you could do better than a Macbook Air for a thin and light for quite a while, but other manufacturers have caught up and now Apple is riding their brand recognition. It's even becoming painfully obvious that Apple products aren't even serviceable unless you pay an arm and a leg for the product itself plus the dumb warranty.

I mean, I paid 650 canadabux for my Chinese Air 12.5 for school and when my classmate, who spent 2500 canadabux on his Macbook found out, he looked incredibly sad. He has problems running Office 365 software. I don't.

>inb4 reliability
I can buy FOUR of these things before going over the price that other dude paid. I can buy TWO before reaching the price of the cheapest Macbook.

>inb4 botnet
1) don't be a retard; Intel would never allow Xiaomi to fuck with their chipsets/firmware.
2) even if it were true, the Five Eyes are spying on all my shit anyway and they're a much bigger problem than a government across the Pacific ocean that can't even keep its own shit in order.

tl;dr, you might have had a case a few years back, but Apple hasn't been a hardware leader outside of iPhone for a while now.

Are you both having strokes? Espeically the first handicap, what the fuck was that which I just read?

>rapid fanboy
>rapid
>can't greentext properly either

Time to sleep, Wintard. Carry on your disk defragging tomorrow.

good post

You can argue that Apple isn't even the top in the smartphone domain either, Samsung has been beating them silly lately.

>32GB EMMC

>your possibilities of getting laid are like 30% more if you're a guy and own the semi/newest model

Maybe in your shithole of a country. In the developed world, an iPhone alone isn't enough to attract the parasitic women you're talking about.

They look and perform better, but the curved screen meme needs to die. This is coming from someone who owns an s8. I probably wont get another samsung phone because of it. You cant get a good grip on the phone without a case, it adds a lot of extra pressure on the screen if the phone is torqued at all leading to cracks, your palm touches it while scrolling or typing with one hand, etc, etc

>your possibilities of getting laid are like 30% more if you're a guy and own the semi/newest model

I don't want any sort of relationship with a person who's attracted to me because of my fucking cell phone.

Yep, apple products used to be harder to get back then, I'm downright embarrassed by the "culture" surrounding the brand in American, the newest samsung phones feel somewhat sophisticated compared to the bright colored iPhones and the people that use them.
It's bad, I would say it's somewhat worse in way, people that can actually afford go out of their way to make sure you know they own newest shit and the people that can't worship the brand.
It's all very cringeworty, as of now I get more attention from girl's with the fruit phone, I like to go back in forth in between what used to be HTC, iPhone and samsung.

Attached: Stupid.jpg (332x443, 14K)

>best keyboard
Friendly reminder that they removed this feature a while back and downgraded the keyboard significantly

Okay Jow Forums, what's the best trackpad on a non-Mac that isn't a clit? Trackpads are the reason I use Macs, I just like them. I can't stand using a mouse or a clit.

Macbooks do have the best trackpads. And years ago, I would have given them a lot of points for that. But these days, the run of the mill synaptics trackpad is good enough for me.

If you want to spend an extra $500 or whatever on a trackpad instead of just getting used to a smaller one, I dunno what to tell you.

>the best keyboards and trackpads in existence
>outstanding battery life
>best build quality and support in the business

Theese are opinions, not parameters.
Comparing opininons =/= Comparing facts.
Do you want a flame war ? Because this is how you get flame war...

Attached: aGKlGkE6_700w_0.jpg (306x348, 21K)

Overpriced Peripherals, Accessories, Repair, Products. It's not a meme.

Your perfect idolized anime girl doesn't exist, a guy with a broken HTC m9 has that extra possibility of living in a one bedroom apartment infested with roaches. (I know a guy like this) regardless of the country he's in.

Attached: 00013.jpg (1600x1200, 114K)

It's not the size of the trackpad that bothers me, it's the smoothness and responsiveness. Maybe I've only used shitty Windows computer trackpads, do you have any suggestions? What do you use?

Low quality garbage

I really have no idea what point you're trying to make. I'm married and my wife isn't a shitbag. It's not my fault that your personality is so garbage that you can only attract garbage women.

Yeah, like I said, I just use synaptics trackpads. They lack some features that the Macbook trackpad has, but they're much more responsive than the trackpads that laptops had when I was a kid (15-20 years ago) and they have two finger scrolling, so I'm happy with them.

Sure. Just stop posting it and kill yourself.

>Jow Forums literally shills chink botnet Lenovo shitpads over quality American-designed products

Attached: crying-statue-of-liberty.jpg (315x325, 23K)

Macfag here.

Been using MacBooks for about 10 years. I always own 2-3 high tier laptops at any given time. And I always use the Mac. The build quality is superior, in my experience. The integrations are easy and standardized. I use windows at work and know windows back to front. I just prefer the ecosystem to the windows/android ecosystem. Yep, MacBooks are way overpriced. Money isn’t an issue for me. I have a Razr blade and Alienware laying around. If I want to use a desktop, I use my desktop. If I want to go to a gaming event, I’ll bring the 23 pound Alienware. But if I need to grab a computer for some quick photo editing, web browsing, etc - I just prefer the Mac.

Maybe the aluminum body is worth something otherwise I only hear complaints of them.

Why do I want to use my laptop at 155° again? Also

>Colors vanish at any angle greater than 180°

Macs aren't overpriced; they are an investment in America and a future where your children aren't forced to learn Mandarin

Attached: B2XKNTPTARBUHPLGLKHPPY47Q4.jpg (1400x788, 98K)

Glad to hear you wuz the most popular Pajeet on your local shitting alley thanks to your iGoy. Faggot.

Attached: 26814839_175462973207944_7792144177615223025_n.jpg (460x320, 25K)

me at the back

Mikey, prepare the chopper, we Cook in the mediterranean sea later today, ropestyle

Attached: images (92).jpg (512x288, 18K)

it's funny because it was the same story with phones. Until androids started to catch up in build and component quality and now they cost the same or more.

Anyone got experience with ASUS S510UQ-BQ607?

I want a laptop mostly for coding, can run VMs and I can take it to bed without it burning my legs.

Here are the specs for the ASUS S510UQ-BQ607
Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8/4.0 GHz, 8 M)
NVIDIA GT940MX 2GB DDR3
16GB DDR4 2133MHz
1TB SATA 5400rpm
500GB M.2 SSD
15,6" (1920x1080)
24 months warranty

for 1,314.06 usd with 500gb ssd
or 1,200.87 usd with 250gb ssd

Attached: skeleton.gif (130x150, 83K)

>People shill qualitly competition in the marketplace over buying a product based purely on who it supports and not its own merits
Get out of here commie.

MacBooks are ok if you don't break them. But the T580 is the superior choice:
> Quad-Core 8th gen i5
> 2GB MX-150
> 8GB DDR4 RAM
> 256GB SSD
> 15 inch 4K IPS display
> great build quality
> highly serviceable and upgradeable
> $1434,00 for this specs on lenovo's website
That beats the $1300 rMBP on everything with the exception of thinness and lightness.

Attached: t580.jpg (590x444, 83K)

>Lenovo
I'll grant you this: Most Lenovo machines come with really bad screens. The upside is that you can replace the screen and if you want RAM and SSD/HDD with ease. Mine cost something between 1/4th and 1/3rd of a Macbook with the replacement IPS panel I bought and it's a overall a much better machine.

It's not a matter of being overpriced, just of having the money spent on the wrong places.

lol is that the computer with 2 cores? I haven't had a laptop with that few cores in years.

They stopped making non reflective screen since the metal grey MacBook Pro.. the screen has boosted colors. Not even that good in my opinion. The only good thing is that they have the most consistent GUI for Hidpi display. That may explain why it looks better

Bump

Attached: 1522837645797.png (540x540, 29K)

I love my MacBook Air, but i do have a genuine concern that Apple computers are getting less-and-less repairable with every design iteration.

The 2010 model was the best in that respect.

>I can take it to bed without it burning my legs.
>NVIDIA GT940MX 2GB DDR3
lol
also not sure about hard drives in a laptop in 2018

You must be joking about the support.
Their support is the worst.

The two biggest problems with cooling on MacBooks is the thinness fetish, and the shocking lack of optimisation in a lot of software.

If i run some software under bootcamp, the fans will hardly spin up, under OSX the same program could slam the CPU up to 90c and everything on full throttle because its an unoptimised piece of garbage thats putting additional stress on the CPU and GPU.

These days look for something with the MX150

>defending soldered parts
kill
your
self

Which apple or 3rd party pr hire thinks shilling on Jow Forums gets you any where

You always get the same replies and you always pretend not to see them so you can make this spam thread again the next day.

Report and hide.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

>best build quality and support in the business
Thinkpad, also MacOS will never be a business OS since most software in existence that businesses would use is for Windows, especially the more specialized kind
>8GB RAM
oh i am laffin
>Best keyboard and trackpad
hahaha, what? Macbooks have the worst keyboards out of nearly all laptops available right now, flimsy, low key-travel cheap feeling pieces of shit, want a real laptop keyboard? Get a Thinkpad t420 or x201 or earlier, now that's what a laptop keyboard is supposed to feel like.

honestly Razerblade just looks bad
otherwise it's pretty good

I could sell you a gold TSR-80 for 3000 dollars.
I'm not overpricing it, as i actually used 2900 dollars in gold on the case.
But that would make it a good computer?

This was fair argument.
Non-glass trackpads are terrible.
Thinkpad trackspads are the worst.

Luckily, most everyone has a glass multitouch trackpad now.

Attached: backat4.jpg (1167x2641, 311K)

one on my ASUS c302 feels honestly better than the ones on Macs

/thread

>have a 2560x1600 retina display
Why? I needed to increase the font size from my 1080px 15" laptop.

Take a look at this guy, he doesn't know what an IPS panel is

Jow Forums was already a thing when this picture was made?

all trackpads are terrible.
fortunately thinkpads have trackpoint.