Regardless of how this trial goes, Facebook is still going to be insanely popular...

Regardless of how this trial goes, Facebook is still going to be insanely popular. Only a minuscule amount of users will leave. Normies will still flock to it to post their selfies, and it will continue making billions off of selling their information. Nothing will ever be done. It will always exist.
How does this make you feel?

Attached: 91782635.jpg (494x374, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/14/snapchat-leaked-pics-snapsavedcom-hack
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Facebook
theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/17/facebook-admits-tracking-users-and-non-users-off-site
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, buy fb stock while it's low.

Attached: 1516971275387.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

>yfw this whole fiasco ends up improving facebook's market value

Attached: fbstock.png (863x592, 34K)

that or they will 'rebel' and swap to instagram kek

I actually know a bunch of normies that don't use facebook anymore because they find facebook/social media to be toxic and unfulfilling. Although they now all exclusively use snapchat which is a doomed platform, and aren't really quitting facebook for the "right" reasons, it leads me to believe that facebook's downfall won't be over privacy, but rather more broad general concern for one's wellbeing

If people are still using Snapchat then it shows normies don't care at all about privacy. Wasn't there some massive leak of photos a few years back on Snapchat?

no they really don't at all

>How does this make you feel?

Good, Facebook isnt the only one stealing and selling informations from facebook (:

that's because zucc is handling it well

I don't feel a thing, OP.

I keep hearing this but Google just keeps pointing at malware and surveys. I'm a bit suspicious on what was really leaked.

I feel nothing. People are dumb, why would that surprise or affect me?

Attached: gBpc_hyn01dv2Jvl7KV9V9EqfkGJlvB9Tv3h-f14JC4.jpg (640x480, 55K)

There was a third party app named "Snapsave" you were able to use to get screenshots. Snapsave got hacked.

theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/14/snapchat-leaked-pics-snapsavedcom-hack

Facebook will have no long term effect of this fiasco. Normies are too addicted to it to give up.
Where else they would get there attention/dopamine if not on facebook/Whatsapp/Instagram.

Screen-cap This

The facebook population is aging.
Kids don't want to be on the same platform their parents are because its not cool, and shit will just get worse and worse.

They're under trial?

How do you know this? And before you answer, don't forget that Instagram is owned by Facebook.

Who the fuck even uses Facebook?
Seriously, i know three people who have facebook pages, they're all over 25 years old and are basically completely out of touch with technology due to their age.
Everyone i know uses WhatsApp for messanging, Instagram for selfies, pics and memes, Tumblr & Reddit for everything else that might be specific to them, also pseudo-social networks like Steam, Soundcloud, etc

oh and yeah Snapchat

Twat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Facebook

so?
Yeah they're owned by Facebook but that's irrelevant to what i was saying.
Facebook itself not as a company, but a social network, is dying and it will die off soon.
KYS.

no u

>they're all over 25 years old and are basically completely out of touch with technology due to their age
go to be kid

Attached: 1520977832935.jpg (412x398, 59K)

Once you're past 20 you'll always be outsmarted by 10-year olds, deal with it

you almost got me

Attached: raw anus.jpg (1200x922, 74K)

it wasn't b8

It makes me fear the future.
Zuckerberg will continue to destroy humanity as people in power are too dumb to stop him and the majority of humans are too lazy to care.
But at least someone makes money off all the suffering this evil man is causing.

Well, OP? You've had hours, let's hear it.

Is it bait? It sounds plausible. I'm a 30yo with a facebook for basics and i'd totally believe kids are over it and moving onto instagram or whatever else is the new thing.

This is exactly why we all gave up on the fight against Facebook, and encourage others to give up as we did, for they are now the only social media company that matters. All else is dying out and we know it. It's over. Everyone ITT agrees with me.

How many levels of irony are you (hopefully and presumably) on?

He's not wrong. There is nothing you can do to stop FB at this stage. The only people who don't use FB, Instagram, and Whatsapp are Jow Forumsites and a few other people. That's it. After this blows over FB will be more powerful then ever. There is nothing we can do to fight back.

>After this blows over FB will be more powerful then ever. There is nothing we can do to fight back.
Same question applies.

Attached: bfb59d95-b83b-4af7-86d3-539223ae37e3..png (2400x1600, 2.4M)

while there is more and more shit into the light.

theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/17/facebook-admits-tracking-users-and-non-users-off-site

>learnt nothing from the dot com bust
these companies are disposable. anyone can come along at any time and sweep away the user base with their service.

see discords rise.

this is why they spend billions buying out competing services and try to branch out into something with a future, like robotics.

It makes me feel like I must come up with another scheme that exploits normies' retardation even harder.

It's open season, basically.

Markets are so fucking stupid. Everyone jumps shipthe minute anybad news are out but then they come crying back. After crypto investments I've realized it's a stupid game. Everyone has weak hands

Its not a trial

>mfw zuckergoldsteinberg born in the year 1984

Attached: zuckchansq.jpg (600x600, 98K)

it was bait as soon as he said "25 year olds are completely out of touch with technology because of their age" and then went on to describe reddit, tumblr, and instagram as "in-touch" technology.

>Facebook is still going to be insanely popular. It will always exist.
considering I've known this for a long time, it doesn't change anything
"always" is a long time though, something will replace it or erode it eventually
I don't really see why I should care much one way or the other
I mean I know they've done really sketchy things relating to privacy and information hiding, but I don't expect better from them or other companies-- I WANT better, but I don't expect it
I'm on Facebook to communicate with specific people, and anyone that might come along who I care about that's also tied to it as their main public outlet of information
before that I was on MySpace for the same reason

>Wasn't there some massive leak of photos a few years back on Snapchat?
That leak was from a third-party app/service that people logged into their accounts with to save snaps without senders being notified, it had nothing to do with a leak from Snapchat.

Anger and rage accumulating. That's never good for a monopolistic company in a fast evolving market. Next decent opportunity and even normie Fecebook users will jump train.

Attached: 1520726140552.png (1200x900, 107K)

>tfw never had a facebook account because I care about privacy
Everyone who got zucked deserves it. I just hope we as a society can learn from this and stop using services that harvest personal information to sell to the highest bidder.

Attached: 1474953890566.gif (226x224, 180K)

Are we soon going to have another Myspace? We know how it got replaced by the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Eventually, Facebook will be replaced by another social platform.

I don't give a shit

everyone that makes this argument is not getting it
the whole purpose of social networking is to make information about yourself public, and do it all at once, so you don't have to go around telling all your friends and family members about stuff individually (taking more time and energy) and possibly forget or get too lazy and end up with problems because of it
of course you're not drawn to it, it's not for you, it's not some achievement for you to avoid it
of course the people who are drawn to it don't care about this, they want people to know about them
that's the point
yeah they're harvesting data beyond what users actually supply but it's in keeping with the purpose so it doesn't phase the people who want to fulfill that purpose

720 friends on Facebook here, not one account removed since few months back.
Americans can fuck right off with their propaganda.

Why doesn't he just make Jow Forums but for Facebook?

>people are retarded
Thanks for the breaking news. Also, what the fuck is with your formatting, and is your shift key broken?

Attached: 1468566192243.png (775x745, 1M)

Happy, most of the violence I see where I live is because of shit stirring Facebook posts and I can't get enough of it. I've even got a pair of binoculars for maximum coverage.

people format posts like that all the time, they're just not usually that long
punctuation and capitalization are replaced with line breaks
if you think it's hard to read, now you know why "Reddit spacing" exists

It doesn't. Left this joke website 3 years ago and I don't miss it in the slightest.

/thread

>"Reddit spacing"
is always shitposting. It's just using proper formatting for your post. Blocks of text should be broken up every now and then to make things readable, plus it can help separate points/topics. A single line break isn't enough to separate text properly on sites like Jow Forums.

The second reason this happens is because people use the quick reply box. Pic related. This text, as I type it out is formatted decently with 4 lines of text per paragraph. However, if you use Jow Forums like I think most people do on PC, in a window much wider then the text box, the text will appear like a single line.

People say reddit spacing is when someone types two line breaks because reddit ignores the first one, so redditors do it out of habit. That assumes that people are not formatting their post properly to begin with. If anything, a single line break instead of two is "reddit spacing" or perhaps "irc spacing". On reddit a single line break is all you need to separate text, since the space between lines is much larger. And in irc and other chats people often press enter between every sentence.

did you read the whole post? I'm saying that double spacing is common on here because it's easier than putting in proper and consistent punctuation and capitalization
it's really not necessary to make things readable when you a period, a space, and a capital letter to mark a new sentence, otherwise books would do it and they rarely do

pretty fucking good because i work at fb and most of my compensation is in equity

Fuck this shit.

>how this trial goes
What trial are you referring to, exactly?

I've seen the same thing. Most common things I hear is stuff like "It makes you feel bad because people only post the good news/it's not healthy mentally"