APPLEL WAS A MISTAKE

youtube.com/watch?v=9-NU7yOSElE

APPLEL WAS A MISTAKE

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oNl2q6YZXlA
engadget.com/2018/04/11/ftc-warranty-warning/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Another clickbait trash by linus cuck tips

the screen in the iMac pro uses the same cable as the normal 27inch iMac 5k

Linus literally made a video about this to highlight an issue of internal repair training and supply chain, not because his computer is bricked to the point of uselessness

>can’t properly explain the reason of making the video
>can’t theorize a solution with Apple service technicians themselves

Get a 5k regular screen in the mail (and accept that the DCI/P3 color gamut is lost)

and then get the PCB replaced in the US, because most AASPs are allowed to service the PCB here in the states

title says literally what happened, how is this clickbait?

But the screen on the iMac Pro is different to the iMac 5k.
And considering what Apple are doing now it's even possible that OSX would read the chip in the screen, see it isn't an iMac Pro screen and disable features.

If you put some fantatic's cult into question, don't expect them to answer rationally.

It has nothing to do with a part. Apple will not service anything that’s been taken apart by an end user when it wasn’t supposed. It’s a safety hazard and laid out in the terms and conditions. Linus had 14 days to read them and return the iMac unmolested for a 100% refund but he decided to take the thing apart instead to make a gay video for kids. Linus is literally in the wrong and nothing Apple did is a surprise if you know their rules and procedures surrounding third party modification and unauthorised tampering of their hardware

Appel fags won't change.

>It’s a safety hazard

No it's not, stop lying to yourself. It's just a way to discourage the end user from ever trying to fix anything themselves, no matter how trivial it might be.

God that is a horrible truth, I hope apple reaches out to LinusTechTips and comes up with a solution.
It should be a given that an item you buy from a company like apple that it is at least reparable by them or a partnered repairer.

>Apple (...) third party modification and unauthorised tampering of their hardware
>their hardware
>their

You are part of the problem.

>"service" a machine with an exposed PSU while IT'S FUCKING PLUGGED IN
>get a short that fucks up the PSU, the main board and drop the display
>want to get a replacement PSU, board, display and most likely CPU and RAM, which thanks to economies of scale would probably cost more than an entire new computer. Mainly because it's the entire fucking computer except for the chassis, the fans and the speakers.
>bitch about how Apple didn't have all the parts instead of buying a new computer for less because WAAAH I'M A CELEBRITY I GET ALL I WANT EVEN CHINK COMPANIES MAKE US CUSTOM PRODUCTS FOR FREE
>again, they did all this because they fucked up a non-user serviceable machine in the first place. You're not supposed to open it. If you don't want a glued together piece of aluminium trash you don't buy a fucking iMac.
TL;DR: They left the machine in a FUBAR state and they think they have the right to complain when it can't be repaired because of their celebrity complex.

is he still using that super expensive camera to shoot his shitty videos?

>unauthorised tampering of their hardware
Voiding warranty because the user opened their hardware is against the law you know.

You forgot
>planning to pay the entire cost of the repairs
and you mean
>>bitch about how Apple wouldn't order the parts

You also have to remember they didn't buy the iMac Pro to use it. They bought it to review it and make videos about it.

>want to get a replacement PSU, board, display and most likely CPU and RAM, which thanks to economies of scale would probably cost more than an entire new computer. Mainly because it's the entire fucking computer except for the chassis, the fans and the speakers.
Actually, no. They charge YOU more, but it doesn't particularly cost Apple any more. They have surplus of everything anyway so all they do is fire an email to a slave in China to box some shit up and send it out.

>bitch about how Apple didn't have all the parts instead of buying a new computer for less because WAAAH I'M A CELEBRITY I GET ALL I WANT EVEN CHINK COMPANIES MAKE US CUSTOM PRODUCTS FOR FREE
But they said they'd pay for it, they even said they'd install it themselves if given a chance to buy the parts.
>they think they have the right to complain when it can't be repaired because of their celebrity complex.
but it can be repaired tho

Also, even though LTT is retarded, Apple will void peoples warranties even for installing RAM or more storage devices. The glorious service people are always going on about is bullshit.

>void the warranty
>try to use the warranty (which is now void)
>warranty not being honored
>AUTISTIC_RAGE_FESTIVAL.exe

Attached: 1427687876452.jpg (948x960, 66K)

His kids dont even look like him

Attached: C1IzaFlUoAARa18.jpg (1143x1200, 186K)

>try to use the warranty
But he didn't, he wanted to pay full costs

>Half asians don't look like a white guy

Thats my point cuckface. You know what people call men who raise kids who dont look like them? Cuck! Thats right all male race mixers are cucks.

But you're a virgin.

t. Soynus Cucktips

He didn't try to use the warranty, that's the thing. He knew damn well it wasn't covered under warranty and wanted to pay out of pocket. Apple still refuses to order parts or otherwise service the device. You fucking tard.

The son has his protruding chin

What else is new? This place is like reddit or facebook were people don't know something until a youtuber with millions of subscribers makes a video about it.
Like facebook selling data for over 10 years, nobody cared until it was covered by media.

You guys are no better.

It's not about the money, though. It's about lawsuits.
If you modify your computer, it fails, you bring it to an Apple Store, they fix it and then it fails again, the customer's most likely response is to sue or demand a free replacement. Apple wants to deal with neither of those things.
This is also why they're so anti third party repairmen.

This is precisely why they don't want you to modify their products. If you want a modular computer, get a PC. That's literally what they're for.

"Providing a repair service for a fee like we advertise we do is somehow bad for business and consumers"

gr8 b8 m8 get the fuck out of here.

Like seriously, all it takes is a service rep repeatedly saying "We cannot repair or replace for free, we have no way of determining this was our fault. Pay up or shut up." That's it.

They'll only repair Apple devices that haven't been modified or bought from, for example, a pawn shop. There are reasons for these sorts of things.
If you want a repair shop that will blatantly just fix whatever you throw at it, go to Geek Squad or whatever. But Apple never even advertised they'll just fix whatever as long as you pay them.

Cucks>>>>virgins

Linus WAS willing to pay and they still didn't fix it.

Literally that's what they say they'll do for any of their devices that's out of warranty you gibbering retard. Go collect your check from Apple and fuck off.

I don't think you know what clickbait means

>Literally that's what they say they'll do for any of their devices that's out of warranty you gibbering retard.
[citation needed]

Lol are you for real bro? We have our /v/ spillover, but Stallman has been in the sticky forever.

in what country?

Virgins>>>Gays>>>>>>You==Cucks

What surprises me the most is that he's straight.

jesus, that comment section is somehow even more cancerous than this thread. one guy was even campaigning for the government to forcibly dissolve the company, lmao

No virgins aren't even actually men yet. Sorry kiddo

Neither are cucks. Atleast virgins dont denounce their manhood voluntary.

Best bluetooth speaker with mic for handfree calls atm?

i thought he is holding shit, big pile of shit

muh dick

I think Lonix kek tips knows that well but purposefully made a semi click bait video to get views and rail up normies.
I bet this is murricia fuck yeah case but for other countries whenever you get apple product it says that buy purchasing and using it you agree that all your complains to be redirected to U.S. courts that you can do through you country's courts but that would take years of back to back legal processes so most people won't bother (that's how apple goes around refunds in germany that are over longer periods and you can also return just because.)

Holy fuck, learn to use commas.

Attached: the fuck.jpg (140x159, 6K)

Is there something like this?

Alarm clock with FM/IP radio and outside wireless temperature sensor?

Attached: file.png (565x572, 193K)

Refusing to service something under warranty because it's been tampered with is against the law in the US. The can refuse to cover the costs of repair, but not refuse to repair it.

haters gonna hate

Attached: 1Y6A9528.jpg (1600x1067, 157K)

ROFL wtf, fuck me in the ass, thought i was posting in /csg/ all this time.

besides the animated explosion in the beggining?
he just happened to be doing this on camera?
why was it plugged in if he was working on it?and why is he filming himself working on it improperly?
it wasn't linus dropping things?
fake and gay

Well its an Apple product so yes, that is literally what he is holding.

But he stated in the video that Apple can't fix it cause there aren't instructions for imac pro and people trained to fix it

The only source for that was...him.
If he hadn't modified it, they could've easily fixed it for him.

Reminder, he isn't asking for warranty repair. He wanted to pay for repair, and they refused. Then they couldn't take it to any third parties because certification to repair it doesn't exist, and if people do order parts and sell it to him, they'll lose their other certifications.
>Apple

>when your wife looks like a cockroach from mars

> The creator of Linux is a macfag
Stallman absolutely and irreparably blown the fuck out holy shit

Attached: 1523555428864.jpg (720x582, 152K)

What about the fact he had his balls removed?

>Linus thinks every mac stores technicians should be able to fix a broken imac screen
Yeah, because that is a common issue, broken stationary desktop screens, I'm sure they get hundreds of those in a day. Maybe try not purposefully breaking the hardest component to replace for your shitty click-bait YouTube channel for 12 year olds.

Also try and get your pixel phone screen fixed, good fucking luck, the entire industry apple to google to samsung are dodgy as fuck.

chin protruding
>Very, very disrespectful

How easily can third parties fix google pixel phone?

>break your itoddler device on purpose
>make a video whining about poor customer support
>get money from shilling things every 3 minutes
the state of youtube celebrities

>Break your itoddler device
>Go to apple asking them to repair it for whatever money they'd want
>They refuse
The state of apple.

youtube.com/watch?v=oNl2q6YZXlA

like a £100 in any local shop lol, more for the original, but since anyone can work on it it's fine

Linus is like a fucking baby throwing his dummy out of the pram. He likes to tell us about his ifone (ya ya muh iphone guys muh ifoon it's no that bad guys but like yu guys muh ipfun) as soon as his fat boy slave breaks his applel device........REEEEEEeeeeeeee.......I thought it was a joke.......eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Welcome to reality Linux.

Attached: 2002635.jpg (1024x628, 78K)

Apple should be able to refuse service on anything that isn't warranty. You guys are basically the gays that want a christian cake shop to make them a penis wedding cake. They have zero obligation to service anything out of warranty.

This isn't about breaking a machine and wanting it fixed for free. Linus clearly admits they broke it and offered to pay for it This is about Applel refusing to service broken machines.

If you think opening your devices, fixing them or upgrading them yourself is wrong...you're everything that is wrong with the modern world.

You clearly misinterpreted my post. Once warranty is voided, Apple has no obligation to provide service. I've worked in several industries where service is refused if warranty is voided or TOS have been breached.

Give me one reason why Apple should provide service after Linux fucked up his machine and broke everything short of the chassis. Apple doesn't have a repair protocol for this because if their tech broke their repair procedures and shorted everything while it was still plugged in, they would replace the machine entirely. Sure, it's Linus' equipment and he's allowed to fuck it up, but that doesn't mean Apple has any obligation to provide repair services.

>Won't stop crying about warranty
They're not asking for free service. They want it repaired on their own dime.

Holy shit what did I do.

you're playing checkers.
you can offer this company as much money as the national balance of a small country and they still won't do it, and there's a reason for it.

Didn't Microsoft do the same thing with Xbox 360s that users attempted to fix the RROD themselves?

>And there's a reason for it
Yes, anti consumerism. Which is why people have been trying to pursue right to repair laws in tech.

>buy a car
>take it home
>remove the engine yourself
>somehow manage to put a jet engine in it
>shatter the windshield in the process
>the car won't turn on, much to your surprise
>call the dealer
>tell them to come over and fix it
>they arrive
>"did...did you try to put a jet engine in this prius?"
>"yea, now make it work pls"
>"n-no...no, we're not going to do that."
>"BUT I'M WILLING TO PAY"
>"yeah...still no."
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Are you fucking retarded? Did you even read the post or did you just see the word warranty and stop reading? I never said Linus wanted to claim warranty service, I said Apple has no obligation to provide service outside of warranty. It's not the same thing, dipshit.

Consumers shouldn't be allowed to repair their own devices. They'l just end up exploding and then the customer will want to sue the manufacturer of the device. Not worth it.

>Did you read it
Yes, I read it. You babbled something about how nobody is obligated to give repair when you break warranty (which is illegal in the US), then you repeated some nonsense. Apple is obligated to provide service. You put out a product that only you can fix? Guess what your next job is? Fixing it when it breaks.

If you're willing to pay for it, what's the fucking problem? No one is going to lose money except for the person who broke it and has to pay for it.

Americans are cucked to fuck with their consumer rights. This is illegal as fuck in Europe....but I guess muslims or muh freedoms make the U.S of A better than us Youropoors or some shit.

Then don't make devices that explode and consumers won't sue manufacturers for exploding devices. Can't wait to see right to repair enacted in tech so third party repair shops don't have to get supplies from the backs of chinese trucks.

I really hate this channel. His voice is super annoying and it's all 3 times as long as it should be.

His daughter is pretty hot

The absolute state of the U.S. Not even allowed to repair their own goods.

Attached: fqow230.jpg (630x430, 34K)

No it literally isn't illegal, that's why there are terms to a warranty you fucking idiot. Show me the law.
If Linus put his mac through a wood chipper because he was "fixing it" should Apple be expected to service it, even if he's willing to pay?
To use Linus's car analogy, if you total your car, is the dealership required to fix it?

Apple sold the product and sold a limited warranty. Outside of fulfilling their warranty they have to obligation to do anything. No one forced him to buy Apple.

Missed the part he said that THEY WILL PAY FOR THE REPAIR and APPLE still REFUSED the repair because they are focused on SELLING YOU A NEW PRODUCT just google "planned obsolescence" and dont type before you watch the video nigger

>When a random Dennis suddenly appears from the far east. At the same time your kids are gestated and born and they all look suspiciously like Dennis too.

Attached: large.dennis.gif.8913083968cdf9ff2f7b6f6b011fa05a.gif (362x362, 205K)

>short every electrical component
>wow why wont a company that has a highly optimized supply chain and repair group make a repair that will cost more than a new machine??
gee, you tell me

>it should be legal to force a company to put a JET ENGINE
>in a CAR
>said the european
wonder how that guy's family would respond when he dies a grizzly and horrific death.

>show me the law
Here you go, my little troglodyte.
engadget.com/2018/04/11/ftc-warranty-warning/
>Under the 1975 Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which the commission cited in its letter, companies can't put repair restrictions on their products unless they provide the parts or services for free or receive a waiver from the FTC.

you left out "for their own safety and the safety of the people around them"

>put a jet engine
Not even him, but nice strawman. I give you 2/10 for effort.

>Jet engine
>Car

What do those things have to do with this story?

>consumers won't sue manufacturers for exploding devices.
a hundred people filed lawsuits when they learned about the battery throttling.
and did you see the shitstorm that occurred over the Note 7 fiasco?
you can bet your ass they'd sue over explosions.

It's an analogy.
Linus tried to replace a bunch of the internals in an earlier video and mangled a bunch of stuff in the process.
The iMac is not a modular computer. That's kinda the whole point.

>companies can't put repair restrictions on their products unless they provide the parts or services for free or receive a waiver from the FTC.
So you literally do not have any level of competent reading comprehension.
Apple does provide repair services for free, the warranty. Which is why they can put repair restrictions on their product (i.e. breaking warranty) per your link you fucking idiot. You posted something that backs my point up.

>Battery throttling
Is a battery throttling an exploding device? Do you people know how to communicate without resorting to strawmen? Also, it's understandable that people would want to sue a company that is purposely gimping their devices over time.

dipshit

Are apple cultists capable of reading short sentences?
>Companies cannot put repair restrictions on their products
Which is what apple does, as is evidence by this case. This repair restriction applies to warranty labels.
>Unless they provide parts or services for free
Which they do not.