Hey Jow Forums, im needing some help on a Pi project. Made Pipboy from scratch, Pi is its computer. Got 8...

Hey Jow Forums, im needing some help on a Pi project. Made Pipboy from scratch, Pi is its computer. Got 8,800mah battery, wired to a 5v output for the Pi and hdmi screen. Powering up, even still connected to mains, screen blanks out and restarts (power consumption issue) but i dont know where to start to look for why. Any tips?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-18-05-40-19.png (1280x720, 1.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ti.com/lit/an/slva670a/slva670a.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Made Pipboy from scratch
stopped reading here, fuck off to red*it

God that looks awful, you should power the screen and everything else from your regulator and not the PI, also go ask on

PipboyS HAS ON MASS PRODUCTION NOW

Nothings connected through the pi. Screen and pi are on there own switch, specificly to aleviate the power draw. Ill try on diy, thanks~

Then you need a capacitor to smooth voltage drops.

OP: Nah, /b/.

Is there an equation for that? I dont want to ask people to do the work for me.

you're using a switch mode? it's possible that your caps are too small.

ti.com/lit/an/slva670a/slva670a.pdf

Switch mode? I dont know what you mean exactly.

Very interesting... Thank you very much

if you just wanna do trial and error..

add more caps after your power supply until it stops.

Yeah thats prolly what ill do. Im learning alot from the pdf that user posted and will deffinatly give me a place to start. If i have any issues, ill go whine on diy, thanks a bunch, Jow Forumsuys~

Have seperate supplies for the Pi and the display.
Does the red LED on the Pi flash as it restarts?

Yes. As soon as the green one starts going, the red flashes a cpuple times, green cuts out. Rinse and repeat

you should prolly name it Pi-Boy

HOLY SHIT YOURE RIGHT. But I already etched its name into the screens frame. Fuck.

>pipboy
What in the world? Soiboi get out!

Jow Forums doesn't know or care about technology

haha thats like what the other posters said :) plus the soy boy meme with a funny spelling :))) nice post friend

Pip-Goy