What the fuck, Microsoft?

What the fuck, Microsoft?

Attached: ransomware.png (1280x800, 46K)

Security updates

Shouldn't happen if you let your PC install updates normally. Either way, it's only installing critical security updates and you can still minimize it.

these are the some r*tards who get ransomware then complain about windows being insecure and they make a thread about going to linux

If you're dumb, you'll get other viruses than ransomware so who cares? Shitty os

Windows is an elementary school and you are a kid. You do what they tell you to do and go where they tell you to go and there is nothing you can do about it.

don't worry, it's downloading something like 15-30GB of system updates and candycrush, it's normal. and don't forget to prep the bull, that is allocate and always leave unused at least 3 times of that space whenever you do a fresh installation. it's normal.

Attached: pajeetware.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

Set your connection as "metered" in the settings.
Congrats, now YOU are in control. No more automatic updates.

Windows protects the user from himself and that's unironically a good thing for most people

So many filthy Indians infecting this place now.

Be gone now you gross animals.

Attached: DJzbaQ6VYAAkU9o.jpg (749x752, 74K)

Install Win10, update once, unplug ethernet so the bot can't into the M$ mothershit.
Remind me again why Win10 needs to be online at all?.

what does she do, supervise the security guards?
or is that a corporate officer title?

i take it back, stupid question
It was all her fault

Just came back from a 2 hour reboot and update fest. Plus I get to do it all again when 1803 gets released.

post 1803 the updates are faster even on toasters desu

Windows 10 has defender preinstalled retard.
Literally better than any antivirus except it doesn’t eat half your RAM.

You agreed to this when you installed the operating system.

it's not an OS, it's a serviceTM

I've never had this problem with Windows 10.
Seriously, how hard is it to just keep your shit up to date?

it eats more ram than any antivirus

No it doesn't

Your PC is at risk, they're doing you a favor you fucking dumbass

seriously this, before people got malware all the time. now because windows just doesnt let people do anything its the most secure os for morons

>we will
who the fuck is we

Attached: kira yoshikage sweat.jpg (500x500, 109K)

>better than any other
Debatable, but the fact that it's preinstalled is good enough. Just use CommonSense(TM) and if you upgrade to CommonSense(TM) Premier(TM) you can even just disable Defender.

>also have an MFA and work in director level IT
>came under increasing scrutiny despite my decade of competence thanks to this bitch
Goddammit

i got win10ltsb with all tel turned off and never installed a single update.

update is for suckers

>Minimise
The virus isn't even trying to be subtle.

Windows 10 LTSB FTW cucks.

I'm the
>Minimise
guy

I'm on LTSB, no need to attention whore.

Damned if they do Damned if they don't. It also tell you that it will do this

Stopping the windows update service doesn't work anymore? How do I prevent updates now?

>using winshit 10

interesting read, and sadly how many big companies operate (*cough* intel *cough*)

But i like whores.

>interesting read
Don't get your hopes up, it's likely unsourced bullshit.

>minimise

Attached: 1475586311690.png (794x719, 415K)

What's wrong with that? It's the automatic rebooting that's full-blown retarded.

> r*tards who get ransomware then complain about windows being insecure

windows is ransomware

>2018
>not escaping windows 10 and installing Linux Mint

Attached: 1520196281940.jpg (1108x1396, 349K)

>download linux mint
>compromised ISO
no thanks

>Linux Mint in 2018

Still better than W10

this but unironically

The inherent problem is that the end user isn't in control of what their computer is doing. Obviously this is less of an inconvenience, but ideally people should just be able to say "no thanks" at the end of the day.

As such the fact that Windows 10 kind of puts you at gunpoint and says "either you download these things now or you download them later" is kind of problematic regardless of whether or not the process is inconvenient or whether or not updates are actually needed.

Of course for light users, people who don't have a high degree of technical competence and don't have a vested interest in controlling every single thing that's happening on their machine, it's not a huge issue. However, for power users and power-light users, people who have a high to moderate degree of technical competence (respectively) and want to control everything that's happening on their machine it's a bad thing period.

To them it's like Microsoft is holding a shotgun up to them and saying "Don't worry, we won't try to shoot you in the chest this time. We'll only aim for your legs!" even though they are obviously better off not for not being shot in the chest being shot in the legs still is pretty fucking awful. Obviously that's an exaggeration, but I hope it helps delineate the point regardless.

tl;dr
It's still a forced update and at the end of the day forced updates are bad period.

>To them it's like Microsoft is holding a shotgun up to them
I can't imagine dealing with such a severe mental illness. So sad, why won't they just get help?

Serious question, are you actually too stupid to understand what a hyperbole is or are you just meming?

More like not Windows at all.

>writing a tl:dr on Jow Forums
kill yourself you crossposting faggot

Your response is ironic, no? :)

>However, for power users and power-light users, people who have a high to moderate degree of technical competence (respectively) and want to control everything that's happening on their machine it's a bad thing period.
technical users update their machines regularly
if OP happens to you it's because you are a casual user and you deserve it

You misread my definitions, friend. Someone who has a high degree of technical skill but doesn't want to control what's happening on their machine isn't a power user. Besides that while you are generally correct insofar as most power users will generally keep their rigs up to date on their own the fact that they are being forced to do so is still a huge problem for them.

No should mean, "no until I say yes", not "not now but yes later".

literally this