"Yeaahhh, IT thinks your text editor is too outdated. I'm going to need you to use Visual Studio."

What do?

Attached: pointy_haired.jpg (400x259, 156K)

Thanks for the tip, it's indeed superior to everything else.

Kys

"I'm the developer, fuck off and let me work."

Why would IT tell a dev what to code in?

"No."

Attached: 1503975073459.jpg (683x911, 167K)

Why don't you use it from the beginning?

If anyone on Jow Forums stopped being a NEET this would happy with all their faggy Linux programs. Enjoy your tiling windows manager while you can, fatso.

"security risks"

what can visual studio do that vim can't

Try it again, but now in English.

>corporate programmer
>knowing how to use a computer at all, in any way

i like visual studio

What's a text editor?
I'm just an accountant.

Attached: jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg (418x420, 37K)

Your boss won't care that you prefer free and open source software, faggot. Chad will happily oblige to whatever boss says and go out to the strip club with him on weekends while you jerk off to anime.

Don't bully her, she has very little self-esteem.
Thank you.

Attached: basic-chan.png (297x457, 102K)

Atom is pretty up to date. Go plug in an ethernet cord or something you useless brainlet

Mouse support?

Like Excel but with only one cell.

Aldi unironically use this shit for development.

Pajeet my son, visual studio is not visual basic.

Now go an hero pls

"Sure thing"

Attached: chrome_2018-04-18_12-12-43.png (732x390, 20K)

>what is gVim

Enjoy your input lag.

>Enjoy your input lag.

How 'bout you suck these nuts, boss man
*points*

What are you pointing at?

These nuts

Half a second of input lag while trying to simply search your code file is not acceptable, nor is similar input lag when adding a new line.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you've never used the VsVim plugin for any appreciable amount of time.

Good luck running that shit without X.

I once worked at a small company that was reactionary against anything but what they used. My first day they had a computer setup for me with MacOS, phpstorm, navicat, and skype. I installed homebrew, installed vim, cloned my dotfiles from github and started to do the tasks they set out for me to "learn their systems and workflow." Their method was to have everyone logged in as root working directly on a remote server with phpstorm and avoid merge conflicts by communicating through skype which file they were working on. There was no way in hell I would conform to this idiotic workflow so instead like a sensible person I cloned the project locally, created a feature branch on their github, used a VM, and pushed my progress up after I finished. As soon as I pushed my work this fat fuck came storming across the room "user did you not read our documentation? What is this new branch you created? This is a live project and we have a workflow that everyone follows!!!"

>Their method was to have everyone logged in as root
Reading this raised my blood pressure.

If you worked there and saw how delusional these people were about their way of doing things being right you would die from hypertension

>avoid merge conflicts by communicating through skype which file they were working on
This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard a dev team of doing.

Why the fuck were they even using Git if this is how they work?

>too outdated
>going to need you to use Visual Studio
wtf, is your manager indian or something?

They did not understand anything about the tools they were using. The skype communication was so they could prevent each other from overwriting the same file on the server while they were writing code at the same time. What baffled me was phpstorm has merge conflict detection but they still ended up overwriting each others files on a daily basis because they were too incompetent to figure out how to configure things properly. They made it a rule to write out what file they were working on in the dev chat on skype. Their github procedures weren't any better as they didn't understand branching and did all projects with only master branch.

Maybe I should say overwriting to not confuse it with a git merge conflict. The idea was multiple people were editing the file and when one saved it would delete the others work

sounds like something i read recently about how they did this kind of thing in the 80s~90s.

I’d do it. It’s my job and it’s important for everybody on the team to be on the same tools.

Does it do charts?

Meh only babies bitch and moan about what tools they are told to use.

notepad

Some smug arrogant new faggot thinks he is in the position to tell entrenched people what they should be doing and how.

Film at 11.

Pic Related.

Attached: CHARTS.png (1215x1000, 29K)

the only people who think this way are the people doing it wrong. you probably do your job poorly.

Na not really.

The fact is being new you are not at all in a position to be saying if something is being done wrong.

When you grow up you will start seeing things more clearly.

>see a bunch of retards hitting nails in with the back ends of skrewdrivers
>try and give them a hammer, or tell them to use a screw instead of a nail
>they call you the retard

ill believe that when im no longer taking the place of people doing it wrong. seniority means shit.

>when you are old and obsolete you too will be stuck in your ways and cling to inefficient and illogical patterns of behavior
k

It is not even about seniority it is about having all of the information before running your mouth.

You are smarter and superior to everyone else.

How amazing you must feel.

Does it sort my assets into current and non-current assets?
Will it make taxing my income easier?

>If you don't do things the way I just now learned them then what you are doing is old and obsolete.

Good thing I don't have to work with little pricks like you guys, I would end up in jail.

whatever you say gramps. shit changes. get with it or retire.

ok poppop, whatever you say

Oh noes I don't want to be considered old so I better agree with arrogant shits that need a knee to the face.

youve obviously never had to clean up the mess of the people doing it wrong. i wonder whos gonna come along and clean up your mess?

When doing interviews I always ask to meet the team and see how they are working.

If they are people like you who are fine with with using Skype chat instead of learning how Git actually works then I don't take the job.

seconded

Thats great Jim, now ill need you to check these dubs

Attached: 1522045808937.png (468x345, 226K)

you mean , these, dubs ?

Attached: hewie.jpg (640x360, 99K)

Cargo cult programming

Attached: singles.jpg (385x382, 16K)

user, if you can't see what these people are doing wrong, you're part of the problem. You're part of the reason why shitty code exists and you will contribute to the downfall of modern society itself.

Attached: burg.png (1388x2048, 665K)

kek, I read that in his voice.

>i have never had a job
We know.