/spg/ - Smartphone General - Pepsi Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

youtube.com/watch?v=OrR1TGQY20Y

Previous:

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/googles-us-android-go-launch-derailed-by-zte-ban/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't I get alerts from my calender
>schedule something weeks in advance with alerts a few days before
>no alert
but
>schedule something for the next hours or next day with alert shortly before the event
>alert

Does anyone else with a Note 8 have a strange issue on Oreo where when any media is played your phone vibrates/treats it as a notification

It's starting to annoy me, it fixes when I restart but only temporarily. every time i start a new song i get vibration feedback as if I'm getting a notification

I have a question Jow Forumsuys
Why would anyone need 6-8Go of ram on a phone?

Gayming and social media shit.
A non retarded individual will only use a couple apps so 3~4GBs should be more than enough.

It's good for future proofing if you're not someone who upgrades ever year or two. Also 6gb+ is incredibly useful if you emulate games.

I'm skeptic, why would social media use that much. My good ole S7 has 4 gigs and I don't think I ever went above 3 gigs used, even with heavy multitasking. Dolphin and PS2 emulators don't really work well on android (yet), and when it comes to smartphones, futureproofing is a lie since most people change it once every 2-3 years tops.
Isn't RAM for phones a marketing thing?

Dolphin runs flawlessly on my Note 8. It should run fine on an S7 as well if you have the snapdragon variant. Exynos chips are shit for gaming. Most current flagships aside from Iphones are rolling out with 6gb+ ram now so you'll be hard pressed to find a flagship with less in 2018 regardless. More ram is never a bad thing.

octa core
android 7
decent ram
good front camera
eu warehouse
is that possible under 170€?

no

Samsung is a FINISHED
China rule supreme

Attached: xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa.png (608x821, 815K)

>bluboo
aboohoo

>8500mAh
yeeeah, right

Is selling my HTC 10 for 250 and getting a X Compact for 190 a good idea? I like Sony screens. Is there much difference in day to day use, only game i play is Snes emulators and sometimes angry birds or mario run

8500mAh ? What ? Isn't that gonna explode? It should be the size of a power bank

the charging rate will probably fuck it up faster than the size

>incel display
lmao

Why? It's a downgrade in pretty much every single way.

I want to upgrade from my s4. I like my aux port and 64GB sd card. I'm on Verizon and want to stay.
Is there anything worth buying yet?

Attached: 1513693717650.jpg (661x501, 38K)

What's the final veredict?

Attached: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.png (960x1042, 676K)

The HTC has shit battery life since oreo.

Bump

it's the android that kills those chink phones

S9 is mental

It does look good on paper.
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
But what's the price and does 4g work in Europe too?

best dumb phone with a qwerty kb please

they will release the Note 5 in Europe

Blumpf banned ZTE from using Qualcomm and Android.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/04/googles-us-android-go-launch-derailed-by-zte-ban/

The era of the chink phone is coming to a close. $999 smartphones are going to be the new norm thanks Bloof.

Teflon Don is making Cellphones great again (MCGA)

are all amerilards this retarded
if you only see "$999" smartphones or chinkphones, you're missing out on the vast majority of actual phones
>inb4 some sperg goes on about how all phones are chinkphones
we get it rajesh, you love xiaomi, kys

Use another calendar app

How's a guy supposed to upgrade from a Nexus6?

old Blackberry or Nokia E-series

It's the stock google calendar, it SHOULD work ffs.

I'm still on LG G3, is there any reason to upgrade?

Will this get Lineage OS?

I asked myself the same thing about the Nexus 5, then I broke the screen which never happens to me so I was devastated. Bought some cheap phone that I actually liked a lot for only $70. Used it for a few months then Motorola had a sale over Valentine's Day so I bought a Moto Z2 Play and the Polaroid mod and the Hasselblad mod. I'm actually really happy on a spur of the moment purchase since it was so cheap at $350 (but the mods drove that up quite a bit). Anyway I miss the days of the old Nexus devices. Cheap high end phones easily unlockable with one line of code with no stupid hackey shit. Then after the Nexus 5 Google decided to make their Nexus line a part of the cellphone fights selling for a fuck load trying to sell to the common users and not the power users and developers that always used to buy the Nexus phones.

But yeah I dunno what to tell you man.

Attached: moto_z2_play.jpg (800x450, 24K)

Im new here

I'm trying to decide between the Moto G5s plus and the Xiaomi Mi A1 currently for a good all rounder budget phone. I want to buy the mi A1 since I can get one for $80 less than the Moto, but I am a burger and Chinese phones are troublesome. Should I just buy it and try finding a good carrier? Or should I getting a comparable flagship of yesteryear? I hear the s7/edge is comparable, but I'm not sure if Samsung is that reliable.

Attached: 1523565730231.png (1200x672, 1.16M)

>but I am a burger and Chinese phones are troublesome. Should I just buy it and try finding a good carrier?
Incompatible chinkphones are least of your problems if in the USA. It's not worth living there unless you are rich.

I really wish I knew. I've been using an iPhone SE since mine died and have been waiting for an android phone that doesn't have some huge glaring compromise to me in the meantime

hard to decide which one to get

Isn't this because of the stock contacts app?

>8500 mAh
my sides.

Attached: markimemer.png (800x800, 777K)

If I want a phone for my mom under $100 (she's barely going to use it, but she's embarrassed to still be using a flip phone) should I order a xiaomi from china, or is there something good from a non-chink brand at that price?

Gonna have to agree with user here. S9, S9+, hell any Samsung phone above the S8 will do just fine for you. They all have headphone jacks I believe

ishit SE
rumours are a new one is coming out soon so give it a week though

I have the blackberry keyone,

No one wants to steal it cause it looks old af. Can keep my keyboard autism for one more generation. Has really good battery life. Everything else is medium.

now get an ibm tagged thiccpad

Can't go wrong with an iPhone 5c...
Moto e's are great for the money too

The Essential Phone seems really tempting since it's on sale for $400 but the camera sort of worries me since I'm coming from a Droid Turbo which has a halfway decent camera.
To any anons who've had experience with it, is it still worth it? How's the display, especially in daytime conditions? I don't really mind the notch either.

Thoughts on the Nokia 7+?
Considering upgrading to that from a 6p.
(In UK)

>The Essential Phone seems really tempting since it's on sale for $400 but the camera sort of worries me since I'm coming from a Droid Turbo which has a halfway decent camera.
>To any anons who've had experience with it, is it still worth it? How's the display, especially in daytime conditions? I don't really mind the notch either.
The only real downside to it is that the software isn't quite as smooth as say a Pixel 2 or OP5T and the camera is mediocre (I have all three because I'm a whore) but otherwise it's pretty cool. Good screen, great battery life

Best looking phone of 2018.

Pissed I already bought an iPhone X otherwise I'd give this a crack.

quick google search, in case anyone is wondering:
>MTK 6750T, worse than sd625
>slow ram
>no headphone jack
idk if there's more, didnt look very hard

A few google searches didn't help, so I'm asking here.

My Nexus 5's screen stopped working. The phone is coming on because I can hold the power button for a second and the flashlight comes on. It also vibrates.

Is there a way I can boot into Recovery without knowing what's on the screen? It is TRWP and I'm running LineageOS is any of that helps.

How long have you owned the 5T and how's your experience with it so far? I'm thinking of getting one soon. I really like the Lava Red edition but I think it only comes on 8/128 and my budget is only for 6/64.

Ordered a twilight P20 Pro to replace my P8max (which is still going strong despite me dropping and trying to bend it multiple times) because I really, really like the color theme.

Would a microusb to usb adapter help at all?

i can get the essential phone for $260
worth it? currently on a galaxy s5

i've been reading issues with jittering, camera and grill though

>unlocked for t mobile
>headphone jack
>good battery
>good camera
>5.5" or smaller
>around $350

what's there that I could get for that except one plus 3?

I had that, but it went away when I switched to Nova Launcher

I would say "longevity". I upgraded from my note 2 to a note 7 (note 8 after that whole fiasco) and gave my note 2 to my daughter running 4.4.4 it still runs everything currently and it came out in 2012. But that's it. Upgrading/swapping phones is a literal bitch.

What phone should I get? I have a 5 year old Samsung galaxy s4 that is dying and I want a phone that will last me a while but isn't too expensive. I don't have many friends so I usually just use the phone for a mobile Web browser or GPS and the occasional camera shot but I have an enthusiast grade camera already. Should I buy an S8 for ~$430 an iPhone 7 for ~300 or something else like an iPhone 8 or X

moto g5s plus 3gb for $220 or moto x4 3gb for $300? is x4 worth the difference?

Absolutely not, the X4 is a piece of crap that fails at almost everything it's predecessors tried to do.

S7 is pretty good still, you can probably get it for under $200

Are either of these phones worth the $100 I'm about to spend on them? If not, what's a better alternative?

Attached: droid-turbo-2-vs-droid-turbo-08.jpg (1600x1200, 986K)

can you elaborate? what's disappointing about it in your opinion? thanks.

Where is the upgrade from the G5S that justifies the 80 dollar gap?

hmm interesting, guess that's on me for using stock Samsung shit

thanks

Which is Jow Forums's mindhive best burget smartphone I can get? I currently own a first generation Moto G and like it.

Moto X4

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions
Budget $500-700
Bands: ATT (Burgerland)
No samsung please

what's the verdict on sony xa2?

>type in xiaomi in amazon
>get only huawei results
hmmmmm

Which emulators use that much ram? Do they load the entire rom on ram?

Is there a review that compares the cameras on original model with sony sensors with the chinese model that uses samsung sensors for its main camera.

Oneplus 5T. Or wait for the 6 if you don't mind the Notch™.

I just am skeptical to buy from ebay cause the site doesnt carry it anymore. and I heard the oneplus 6 is going to be 700+

>no curved screens
>no iPhones
>no LG
>Verizon
What's the best phone I can buy with these parameters?

does this thread ever recommend iphone

Attached: apple-logo_318-40184.jpg (626x626, 18K)

the SE is decent

Iphone X is a top tier flagship
and i'd say most Iphone is decent but i'm just more inclined to Android
i own an Iphone 6 Plus btw

performance,display,software,decent camera

7 or 8 are not bad, the Plus are oversized garbage. The SE is a great small phone and the X looks kinda of nice but the notch, no fingerprint reader and in some cases shitty screens and other tiny problems are not worth the price tag.
Of course they run iOs wich is a huge problem on it's own and even more faggots are in deniel it's worse than Android in almost every way

yeah, Ive been wondering about this too.

The moto G5S hit 220, and the moto x4 looks pretty good spec wise. The moto g6 is coming out next month, and realistically, all 3 phones will be under or around 300 bux.
I have a moto x pure, and even though I love the damn thing with its 2k screen and sony camera, the battery life is starting to suck (also, the thing heats up pretty fast). I need a good comparison of the snapdragon 808 vs whatever is being released now for these moto phones to see if the performance is equal f not better.

Will the Red Devil gaming phone be better than the Black Shark

Attached: 48246ee2ly1fqh048mxxvg20gk09bgvm.gif (596x335, 371K)

Right now I have a flip phone and i'm graduating college so I'm planning on getting a smartphone now since I'll actually need one (where I didn't need one since I just had a tablet I could take with me to college/work). I'm thinking of getting something that is android but don't know what I should get, preferably not something super old, but not the newest, unless changes in the newest one are superior to the previous models that make it a must have. What would you all suggest for my first smartphone? Thank you all.

Attached: __souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_io_sinking_carousel__06b86a186482a12cd1ccd4 (328x647, 254K)

post budget and location

US, about $1000 and I'm currently with Sprint.

You have enough budget for the latest flagships. A S9 or a Pixel 2 is what's considered as the best, so choose any of them.
If you don't want to have flagships, a S7 can be good, the other iterations don't change that much

>The virgin bluboo
>The chad S9

>tfw oneplus x was literally my dream phone but it's too outdated at this point.
>oneplus said that making anything other than a flagship was a mistake so no X2
Feels fucking bad. It had everything, dualsim, expandable storage, headphone jack, aesthetics.

Already removed it with ADB

Fastboot then Connect it to pc, then in ADB, type 'fastboot reboot recovery'

They're very good for 100, very fast and great Amoled screens

What are some good phones with a non meme aspect ratio and a headphone jack

Updated SE when

vernee x1
huawei honor 9 lite

Can't wait for the Huawei P30 to have 4 fucking cameras

xperia xz premium