Your preferred method to learn stuff

Do you go with:

video courses:
- Coursera
- Udacity
- Udemy
- Pluralsight
- Lynda

Or documentation, books, irc, reddit communities?

Serious discussion.

Attached: 1523270653588.gif (320x236, 2.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cs61a.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Got my first job as a programmer in 2005 and I haven't learned any fucking thing since then.
Just google for your problem and copy and adapt code lol.

Yeah pretty much this.

Udemy is shit.
Ive been waiting them to release volume 2 from a course made by 3DBuzz that contain 20 fucking videos.
its been 2 years since then,still no volume 2.

>euro sockets

I'm enjoying this course I'm on, the website works well and the rest comes down to the creators

Thats a 3 phase EU plug going into 2 phase UK? socket.
so yeah not worky worky

I like college courses with lectures and assignments posted online, but it seems there are less and less of those rather than the more and more I expected due to jews. I loved Berkeley's trio of intro CS courses, for instance.

I'm doing a coursera course right now and like it, but it could use more lecture. I've had mixed results with Udacity. It seems like corporate training videos for the youtube generation.

I guess if I don't have my own project to motivate me I like video lectures paired with focused, well-chosen assignments.

Type in "xyz tutorial" into Google

serious response

I generally learn from books for CS related stuff (doing SICP right now) and i try to watch some stuff related to the topic (video lectures / community code).
Some stuff can't really be learned from book (3D modelling books are generally bad) so for this kind of stuff i just read documentation and tutorials online.

You are a pajeet stackoverflow "programmer".

text book usually
the schildt books are especially well worded, ignoring the incompetence of the c information.
i tend to avoid the regular blog tutorials written by skinny-jean wearing soy-latte sipping cucks.

Video tutorials on youtube are patrician

I hope you know your job will be obsoleted by AI soon.

i like to use multiple sources of media

video courses, books, official documentation, and of course labs
self produced labs are the best because making mistakes and then troubleshooting them seems to grant me the most solid knowledge

All these sites are scams, frameworks and languages have their own tutorials and if you know how to program you barely need to them anyway.

Started off with random internet tutorials. Nowadays prefer books for concepts/general stuff, documentation for languages, frameworks, etc. Man pages for C programming are the best.

Hijacking this thread

I don't know much about programming. Assume i am square one dummy.

What do you recommend people like for me ? (Reddit seems like one big circle-jerk)

This, go through the basic tutorial and get things setup, then start working on your project and look things up in the documentation as you go.

Java: The Complete Reference book
It covers everything from what variables are to how Java works. It's well written and I definitely recommend for newbies.
C#: The Complete Reference alternatively.

Think Python 2e, it's a free book online.

>You are a pajeet stackoverflow "programmer".
Do you have a CS degree? What exactly do you work on that isn't code monkey tier?

For a living,no idea.
Im a hobbyist that started with C and im satisfied with it.
Just works and comes natural.

cs61a.org/

Lectures, assignments, solutions from one of the top Silicon Valley feeder schools -- they even used to have an autograder for your assignments. Berkeley cut funding for putting their classes online, but the 61A kept theirs free and open.

If you get stuck on something there are probably lotspeople who have worked through the same material. You might even email the prof for tips, as it seems he's something of an evangelist.

Then continue with the 61B and C sequence if they're still available. Then you'll know enough to chart your own course.