Mp3 players die

>mp3 players die
>"just use your phone lol:
>Data caps in America have gotten so bad in the US that dedicated music players actually make sense again
>I'm tired of streaming music at sub FM radio-tier quality just so I don't blow throgh my data.

Attached: 25f4f9df7153de3cf79dab1ce702be7a.jpg (720x438, 41K)

DAPs are so fucking expensive.

How about you just put an SD card with music in your phone then?

not a great compromise

>putting music on a dedicated device when you can do the exact same thing on your phone

Attached: 1510177834930.png (403x448, 53K)

I bought a 5th gen ipod and modded the hell out of it but the iflash quad keeps corrupting data on it.
Feels bad man.

Attached: 1501907825662.jpg (377x378, 43K)

Yeah, the price for decent DAPs never came down because demand dropped like a rock. I remeber in school always wanting an iPod or Zune but could never afford it. Now that I'm older the price still seems a bit too high even though I can afford it.
Unfortunately I'm a cuck and bought the Galaxy S6. I don't understand why the phone is sealed shit but not really waterproof, it's the worst of both worlds.

...user, putting a bunch of audio on disk on your phone is the same thing as a dedicated MP3 player though. It's just removing redundancy in the number of small computers you have.

The average Android phone has so much bloat that there's barely any room for both music and camera photos, especially considering each phone now take gigantic high res photos by default. Even if you root it and uninstall all the carrier bloat it still seems way too easy to run out of room.

You can just put music on your phone. You don't have to stream everything, you underageb& special ed motherfucker

he just said use an sd card. android doesn't bloat the sd card nearly as much without the user telling it to

Also I forgot to mention battery life, a typical DAP lasts well over a day of use while phones will drain much faster, especially if you do other stuff on them.

Not true

not willing to be stuck with an outdated phone just to have an SD slot

lol faggot

What is spotify offline mode. But yall tards will spend 1k on a music player sans 9 dollars a month.

All of these expensive DAPs have only like 10~ hour playback because of their strong amps

I got a Fiio X3 recently and put a 128GB SD card in it. Honestly forgot how good music can sound when it's not played through a pice of shit phone. Even if it is saved to your SD card, the DACs in most smart phones suck balls...

too save battery life.

Attached: IMG_0198.rotated.jpg (3024x4032, 1.25M)

LG V20 or V30, anyone?

Most carriers give unlimited data plan in US not an argument OP :)

I can't remember the last time I came anywhere close to my data limit.

I pay $200/mo for my family of 4 with 16gb between us all with rollover. We use like 8/month and I could totally spend less money if I wanted.

>Data caps in America have gotten so bad in the US that dedicated music players actually make sense again
>I'm tired of streaming music at sub FM radio-tier quality just so I don't blow throgh my data.

Hahahaha in Australia we can get 40+GB a month with free Spotify and Optus Sports (FIFA World Cup & English Premier League among other sports) unmetered and uncapped for only $50 AUD a month on a BYO phone plan. Americucks are FUCKED. Oh well... at least you're not european lol.

Smartphones have so much more in capability than dedicated DAPs. This includes the options to use parametric equalization and convolvers.
Unless the DAP can play loud, they don't have a categorical sonic advantage over smartphones.

You do lose the physical buttons, which is not nice.

Ay, I have that Walkman.
>sub-$250
>sounds great
>basically the perfect size for a dap
>throw in a microsd card for tons of storage
>big juicy battery keeps going for days on a single charge
>phone plebs don't even know
I don't have a smug enough face, someone help me out.

i just download my music from youtube, i dont know what you plebs do

>sub FM radio-tier quality
Lmao what the fuck are you even streaming? Most shit is like 320kbps premium.

For radio I mainly use Pandora which is 64kbps on mobile. This is fine for me because I;m on a family plan that has 3GB total for 3 people. It's Verizon, I know they're fucking us over but it's so cheap being on our family plan that I don't want to get my own plan just yet.

Not him but if you have shite signal most programs will automatically compensate by lowering bitrate.

>upgrade to phone which can use both local storage and stream
>you are'n forced to do the latter
>complain about something that you wouldn't have done with the other device anyway

Attached: 1506353689822.jpg (512x463, 63K)

I hear you on that. It's stupid when companies omit an SD expansion then pile on a tiny 16gb or 32gb internal storage to add insult to injury.

Thankfully, there are still a smattering of modern phones with SD card slots. I'm sitting comfy with an Xperia XZ1 Compact and its extra SD card.

who the fuck streams music, just transfer your music collection to your phone.

The battery drain from music playback is minimal at most

I have unlimited data plus streaming music doesn't even count towards any sort of data cap anyway.

Based T-Mobile.

>Have phone with "Hi-Fi quad DAC"
>Phone also has microSD support
>Pop in a 128GB microSD card, all my music is already ripped into FLAC
>Enjoy my music on the go while being able to do other things like use maps, read the news etc, all from one device.

Stop living in the past grandpa. The future is now.

>S9
>outdated

I'll choose shitty mobile carriers for shitty internet every day of the week

I pay $60/month for unlimited everything. I'm in Burgerstan. They're allowed to throttle me after 23GB contractually, but they never do. I tried. Used 500GB one month and they didn't say a word nor slow me down.

retard

>mp3 players die
>"just use your phone lol:

>companies remove the ability to use a phone as an mp3 player

Attached: headphone_RIP.jpg (780x437, 96K)

so courageous

Just use the cassette you recorded your favourite track from the radio on

Attached: sony-walkman.jpg (1000x700, 90K)

TMo is hands down the best US carrier and I don't care what any Jow Forums faggots say otherwise

I am such a happy customer

I maxxed out my 160GB iPod and have been fucked ever since, what portable player can hold my almost 300GB music and not die in 2 hours?

a smart phone

Anyone here using an xDuoo X2? is it good?

Thinking about buying a pmp because i miss using hardware buttons to navigate my music files while the device is inside my pocket and all android players have some retarded quirk. Neutron was the perfect player but it needs google shit to work which obliterates my battery life.

My iPhone has like 128GB of internal storage, and I get 25GB of 4G with unlimited 3G afterwords.

Just shop around for a good deal, dude.

Replace the hard drive with a iflash? i mean you can load it up with 4 124 sd cards if you really want to.

Why not just get an SD card and put all your music onto your phone??

I'd rather carry a dedicated device over a fucking dongle

>>Have phone with "Hi-Fi quad DAC"
>>Phone also has microSD support
doubt

LG V20 muh dude. That or the V30 if if you don't care about losing the removable battery.

>get cheap phone with old shit android like lollipop or ice cream sandwich
>get 64gb or 128gb sd card
>donwload music player app on wifi
>drag and drop music from winblows or lincucks peesee
damn was that so hard

Attached: muh-fone-muhfuggah.png (1440x2560, 391K)

>be hell$tra autist
>$30 a month for 2.5gb b-b-b-but you get telstra air which never fucking works and is slower than my home wifi and muh coverage
FeelsBadMan

Same setup except never had any issues with sd card data corruption. i hate having to constantly replace those shitty batteries that you get on ebay though.

>Data caps in America
what the fuck are you talking about lol. I don't know a single person who has a data cap. I see some services that say Unlimited* with the star at the end but I mean there really are no data caps that i know of

is optus good now? their service was really shit last time i was with them.

I have an 8th gen iPod Classic. I just keep it plugged up in my car. It's great, but the battery is just about kaput.

LOLWUT???

Attached: Comb18042018012856.jpg (720x1314, 87K)

>nokia 8
>stock android, current 8.1
>monthly security update
>SD card
nokia secretly gitgud and no one notices

im certain its literal collusion to force consumers to buy streaming services and to sell higher data cap plans

>mp3 players die
>"just use your phone lol"
>Phones have no physical buttons so it's impossible to change tracks without taking your eyes off the road when driving
>"just install an autistic framework that doesn't even work on modern android and install this other program on top of the framework and memorize these volume button key combinations to change tracks and use your phone lol"

Attached: 1399067337953.jpg (960x1081, 121K)

WOW, THAT WAS REALLY HARD

Attached: 6664351EAJxEphOL.jpg (500x500, 37K)

>Phones have no physical buttons so it's impossible to change tracks without taking your eyes off the road when driving

>Not using car radio controls to change tracks.

>3.5mm cable going from phone to AUX port of car
>"just plug a second thing into the only 3.5mm jack on the device and just use your phone lol"
>"just use earbuds in the car and get pulled over and ticketed for using them because they prevent you from hearing {emergency vehicles,other drivers in your blind spot} and just use your phone lol"

Attached: 1516338805190.jpg (241x209, 10K)

MIGHT AS WELL CARRY A FUCKING POWERBANK IF YOU'RE GOING TO LUG A FUCKING HUGE ASS MP3 PLAYER FOR YOUR MUSIC

>Not using car radio controls to change tracks
can't do this with 3.5mm, you need USB which means it doesn't matter if you a jack or not or how good your DAC is. Also, you should just be using CDs at that point

MUH AUDIOFOOOL QUALITY
I want to play the highest quality music and enjoy it together with the noisy street and bus and train sounds because it matters

>200 smackeroos
Looks nice, but I don't want to spend that much.

Are you the ambassador of the frogposters?

Attached: T11-Bluetooth-FM-Transmitter-Car-Charger-Car-Kit-Adapter-13102016-06-p.jpg (800x800, 102K)

the coverage isn't great but they offer a lot of extra unmetered stuff If that's what you're into.

>>Data caps in America have gotten so bad in the US that dedicated music players actually make sense again
Hahahahahahahaha

>Americans think there is unlimited spectrum to use for streaming music
>Meanwhile mobile data slows to a crawl, but the light doesn't come on it the amerimutts head - he thinks it's the ISPs throttling them rather than a cell literally being saturated with 10,000 idiots all streaming netflix and spotify

I'm glad we never had the 'unlimited' mobile data meme.

Nah I just liked that Pepe for the image.
>Just use bluetooth -- a technology known to drain the already pittance of a battery phones have at light speed -- to connect to a second device that has physical buttons that you can use to change music without looking and use your phone (for five minutes before it dies) lol
>Just plug in your phone from both the 3.5mm port AND the power cable, something that causes audio to be crackly and shitty because the phone doesn't properly separate the 3.5mm port's logic and the charger's logic, and listen to shitty audio and use your phone lol

Attached: 1516338800262.gif (500x625, 1.78M)

I'm a cell tower tech and you are full of so much shit it's not even funny.

Attached: DL data rate.jpg (800x288, 53K)

wifi literally uses like 10x more power

Attached: 10.5923.j.ijit.20170601.02_005.png (498x234, 15K)

Didn't even finish reading the last half of your post. Are you mentally and physically retarded?

>LG V30/V30+
>S8/s8+ note 8
>s9/s9+

They all have sd card slots, wtf are you talking about?

Or I could use a (very expensive) PMP and use neither bluetooth nor wifi, and have better battery life on my phone because I'm not using bluetooth nor wifi, and have better battery life on the PMP because it doesn't have shit battery life. The point here is obviously missing you by miles.

Attached: 1517379681007.gif (600x480, 223K)

Same can be said for your. Let's do the math:

typical phone battery: ~12,000 mWhr
bt power consumption: ~130mw

So essentially if bluetooth was the only thing draining a phone you'd get ~90 hours of battery life or ~4 days of non-stop music playback

LOS is like 800MB with GApps installed lol

Hahaha fucking retards

Attached: Army-Green-Original-RUIZU-X02-No-Loss-MP3-Player-Light-Sports-With-8GB-Storage-8-GB.jpg (600x600, 103K)

Also enjoy that 32-bit 192Khz placebo you literally can't hear as proven by the success of the mosquito ringtone teens use.

Attached: 1521847684472.jpg (800x506, 76K)

>62GB cap, hardly even use half of it nowadays even with HD streaming
>torrent all of my music, have it meticulously orgnaized and tagged with cover art
>music library totals around 70-80GB but picked out 30GB of it by hand that I know I actually want to hear in the car, organize it in playlists, and pick a playlist before i leave the driveway
>got my first car recently that coincidentally has bluetooth integration
>the tag info appears on the display and I can change tracks and voice commands
>if passengers like a song, they already have the info in case they are interested
>have special USB port for storage in case I just want to buy a portable HDD and stick it in the car

feels good to have so many options

just buy an SD card with enough storage, take some time to put it on there, and if you dont have bluetooth or aux buy what user posted. I understand why people may like it though. My car drive is usually short to work (6 min) or to groceries run (25-30m) so I never need that much, but i still like to have a variety of music.

Why are you talking about yourself?

Put the music on your phone you fucking retard. Data caps are completely irrelevant. Jesus fuck you should murder yourself.

>FIFA
Could you be more un-American if you tried?

>So essentially if bluetooth was the only thing draining a phone you'd get ~90 hours of battery life or ~4 days of non-stop music playback
Sure, in fucking Candy Land where the only thing draining my phone's battery is the bluetooth. Using a bt device exacerbates an already horrendous problem, it is not the source of it.

>Using a PMP is placebo because I can manipulate my library without looking down via physical buttons
If you say so.

Attached: 1517452562856.png (498x716, 468K)

>Using a bt device exacerbates an already horrendous problem, it is not the source of it.
Not by much, maybe you'll save 1 minute from 1-2 day battery life you already get.

>>Using a PMP is placebo because I can manipulate my library without looking down via physical buttons
>If you say so.
see

>inb4 iPhone user

Attached: Comb18122017031125.jpg (1280x2010, 422K)

could this be classified as avatarfagging?
I see you everywhere

I miss my iPod classic. 140gb music. 3 days battery time and only a couple hundred dollarydoos.

Speedtest from your device then, mutt...

Today's a little slow but I get 40-60 mbps most of the time and I live in a house where everyone has t-mobile

Attached: i70OT94RQ.png (350x140, 80K)

I only listen to music when I run, and I always take a phone in case of an emergency. So it doesn't make sense to have a different device just for music. What type of music genres does Jow Forums like? I like oldschool electronica, 80s/90s and a small subset of metal

denpa, lolicore and nanahira

fite me fags

ww2 anthems

USB?

Maybe in your moms 1989 Daihatsu, but every non poorfag here has bluetooth enabled radios. I change my phones music with my steering wheel controls.

Not to mention thats a hiiiigh figure for bluetooth. 4.2 and new low power modes from 2 and 3 have drastically reduced power consumption. some new bluetooth socs can run for several years on a 2032.