Ideal solution for whenever Visual Studio starts acting up:

Ideal solution for whenever Visual Studio starts acting up:
>"just restart it bro"
>highest voted answer on Stack Overflow
What the fuck?

Attached: vs.png (1366x768, 57K)

Because it's garbage

well to be fair, "restart it" is the optimal solution for most issues with Microsoft products

The reason that's the response is because it a) fixes the issue and b) takes the least amount of effort.
If you want to attempt to debug the behemoth that is VS, go right ahead bitch, but you'll wish you just restarted the damn program.

>acting up
brainlet

1) visual studio is the only real development environment for people interested in actually getting work done. It's like an excavator and dump truck vs Jow Forums autists emacs/gcc shovels. There's a lot more moving parts that can break.
2) you probably need to disable the language service under JavaScript/typescript. That thing cause so many damn problems...

eclipse is another IDE that is not as clunky as VisualStudio nor are you locked into an operating system to use it.

I personally use a cloud IDE and they are often error and bug-free with great performance and compatibility.

>eclipse is another IDE that is not as clunky as VisualStudio
just enrolled in CS101, I see

Attached: b8.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

link to question?

Muh vim tho.

>"eclipse is another IDE that is not as clunky as VisualStudio"
>I have no idea what I'm talking about

Literal dog shit isn't as clunky too, but I'd rather eat that than use Eclipse over VS.

>IDE

lol

>my time is worthless!
lol

Good strawman, let me know when you have an actual argument.

Why does he need one? You never presented anything for him to argue against.

I'm not saying that he does, but it'd be nice. He is implying that one saves time using an IDE but that's not the case at all. I find it quicker to use Sublime and the terminal to compile my code than using an IDE.

If you are going make a claim, back it with an argument. That was my point.

>I find it quicker to use Sublime and the terminal to compile my code
I don't know how pressing a hotkey vs typing a command into the terminal is a big difference for you, but that's such an insignificant feature of an IDE that it's not even worth talking about.

>people hate eclipse for being bloated and slow
>vs is no 10000% times more bloated and slower

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1505548947186.jpg (377x500, 56K)

I agree with your statement. Okay, I'll throw more arguments at you.

>load time was slow af (at least on visual studio for bootup and compile)
>ugly interface
>huge file size

That's why I don't like them. Just recently switched. Also, it's pretty quick to compile still especially if you just click the up arrow in console though yet, a bit slower.

>I find it quicker to use Sublime and the terminal to compile my code than using an IDE.
user, IDE is not just a text editor + compiler. Especially when we're speaking about VS.
Sure, you don't need VS to write your shitty fizzbuzz solution, but try refactoring enterprise system using Sublime and you'll be in for a whole new world of "fun".

I don't know about other IDEs, but I've had to use visual studio recently and I'm pretty surprised by how much it's improved. You can finally install only the shit you need, and I haven't had any performance issues. Of course, for small projects a text editor is still superior.

>refactoring enterprise system
I don't even know what this means, but I'll assume you are correct. I just build small projects, akin to what is saying. Works for me. Perhaps each programming environment has its pros and cons.

I'll have to look into it. Does the telemetry bother you at all?

>I don't even know what this means
Don't feel bad, he doesn't either.

>hurr durr what's code refactoring?
Not everyone is as autistic and unemployed as you, user.

>just restart it bro
ironnically the best solution to every tech related, because it just works

> Of course, for small projects a text editor is still superior.
What kind of logic is that?
I would agree it's not necessary for a small project, unless you code on a toaster, I don't see why a shitty text editor is better than an IDE like VS.

I have been developer for 13 years (C, shell script, python) and never used an IDE.
Most of my work involves working on component middleware, and I am barely editing 2 files at the same time.
So far I have only used what I know, vi and ctags.

> lol any serious coding involves IDE
It's not that that I am against it, I even downloaded some IDEs in the past, even VisualStudio Code; I just find the workflow "edit your files with vi, run make from vi, run your executable or your tests with another terminal" quicker for me.
Maybe it's faster to use an IDE, maybe.
But all people I saw using IDEs are people who do it not from sheer ideology, but because they cannot do the same thing with command line tools or oldschool editors, thus making me skeptical about the argument of serious work.

Do serious work involve working with Pajeets who barely manage? (and work with IDE)
And useless kernel hacking with your Linus and RMS who use vi and gdb?

How long does it take to become proficient with IDE but maintain your skill set?

Serious question.

Just your usual M$ $hill on Jow Forums.
Nothing new.

Attached: 1514449052423.png (640x360, 367K)

>tech related
you mean microsoft-related tech

Happens also on lincucks, i have to restart nginx everytime i edit something

Should be "just uninstall it, bro".

Thats not a joke

VS is only good for making CRUDs in C# - so good that you barely have to write any code. People praising VS simply haven't been tasked with anything else. It is not good for, and shouldn't ever be used for development in C/C++ - it simply lacks the industry standard tools for it. Its plugin system is also atrocious.

>i have to restart nginx everytime i edit something
uh, that's not the same thing, you retard.
having to restart the IDE is not a real solution to fixing bugs.

seriously nigger?
try to edit and debug C# with vi

Uninstall it and download emacs

>text editors are IDEs

>hurr durr what's code refactoring?
You wouldn't know. That was my point.

ur mom gay then

There's more shit to break in VS, if you need .NET you'll have no choice but anything else you can do in VSCode or Sublime.