Why is it shit again?

Why is it shit again?

Attached: ubuntu-logo-g.png (500x500, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/970067/missing-amd-gpu-firmware-issue-on-ubuntu-17-10
askubuntu.com/questions/1006621/2-15-18-compiz-update-broke-unity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

amazon botnet

>Bloat
>To easy to install, use arch or gentoo

>muh bloat
use minimal iso if your computer still uses bios and not uefi

the icon is three albino niggers holding hands

And now a non-Amazon botnet of a different flavor, where you have """telemetry""" on by default.

Also jesus fuck did Unity look like ass. I'm glad they dumped that heap of shit in the bin, but then they replaced it with Gnome, which is the only thing out there that's worse. Lets not forget the not-invented-here syndrome abortions that were Mir and Upstart.

this

gnome

>download ubuntu source
>delete """telemetry""" code
>recompile
>???
>profit

Or you could just run Debian, which not only never puts it there in the first place, but carries patches to disable it if upstreams try to put it there. This happened with Django a while back.

>And now a non-Amazon botnet of a different flavor, where you have """telemetry""" on by default
All they do is send hardware details and how long did the installation take, lol. They don't send any more data.
>Also jesus fuck did Unity look like ass.
It was the best DE for a GNU/Linux distro.
>Lets not forget the not-invented-here syndrome abortions that were Mir and Upstart.
Mir made a lot of sense since it doesn't have all the drawbacks Wayland does, while also being much safer and having more features than X.
Upstart was a drop-in replacement for System V and was 100 % compatible with its scripts. It was good enough for Red Hat (until they decided to shit out systemd) and is still used by Alphabet in their Chromebooks.

The new version will be absolutely epic.

distribute broken software on purpose, as debian
puts out broken buggy releases, as debian
try before buy

Gnome 3 is an absolute epic shit

Attached: 1523907673023.gif (200x190, 1.32M)

- Amazon botnet included
- Maintainers aren't that good at creating stable packages
- Maintainers REALLY aren't good at creating software on their own, most special additions of ubuntu are annoying and then broken and discontinued within 2-4 years
- Apt is one the worst binary package mangers overall (if you consider both the end user interface[s] and the package creation tooling)

>using a DE that isn't LXDE
>using a DE at all

>i use arch

It's not exactly shit, but

>horrible default theme
>malware installed by default, which goes by the name of telemetry
>default install isn't 100% free software like Debian
>used to send my searches to Amazon by default, had ads built-in just like Windows 10

As you can point out, the problem is in the defaults. You can make it good (just like any other distro), but it does generate mistrust when you start spying on your users.

Attached: wake me up.jpg (605x146, 46K)

>default install isn't 100% free software like Debian
freetard detected
>had ads built-in just like Windows 10
what?

Always outdated packages, Canonical gave up on making a Linux desktop.

Lulmao

Package manager sucks, and the repos are practically empty. And adding things that aren’t in the repos sucks (hunting down PPAs)

Needs something like Arch’s AUR desu, and a tool like yaourt that automates the process so everything is as simple as yaourt —search programName

>caring about freedom is retarded
I don't know what to say. Here's your (you).

Attached: insecure maki.jpg (1000x1300, 463K)

>"""freedumb""" means limiting the choice of software you use
>choosing software based on ideology,but not your practical needs and situations

Attached: 1517325107880.jpg (680x680, 81K)

>willingly choosing to be controlled by the program's author
>I must have the freedom to become a slave

Attached: 4chan is an anime website.jpg (800x800, 321K)

Ubunut

>you cannot choose what software you use anymore after you have been used closed-source software once!

>you cannot choose what software you use anymore
???
you can use whatever proprietary crap you want, it's just you losing your freedom, not me

I really hate that fucking orange and purple default theme.

18.04 is shaping to be one of the best linux distros. A customized Gnome desktop that actually works, looks great and packed with features plus wayland adoption

>Wayland adoption
no it will use Xorg by default

I know but it's there and you can change it

Why ? When will it come out and will it be better than manjaro or mint ?

I feel like i’m the only one who loves gnome

Mir is p good but it failed due to their retarded licence, where they essentially could relicense the code to everything they wanted. Basically you worked for free in their interests.

Maybe I'm alone with this, but I actually fucking loved Unity. Lean on vertical space, took the least clicks / actions for me to get stuff done, and it just stood out of my way. Gnome 3 gives me an aneurysma.

Pretty sure canonical will do whatever they possibly can to make gnome 3 work and feel like unity

Elitism.

>Why this shit again?
ftfy

Soopurh Seekrit Klubhause

I haven't used a linux desktop in 3 years. Used Fedora then.

which distro should I try?

Ubuntu is comfy as fuck.
on 17.10 right now.
I've used arch, and KDE, etc.
Ubuntu just works and doesn't stop.
Doesn't get in the way of my shitposting.
Usable environment from the get-go,
steam support.
easy as the dickens to re-theme.
comes with firefuck/thunderbroad
she's a fokin beaut

It's really not, unless you are going the absolute defaults.

>All they do is send hardware details and how long did the installation take, lol. They don't send any more data
>howgullible.ru
LOLOL, nice to know you shallow.

KDE is not a distro, faggot.

Because the whole project is named after nigger worshiping

Crashes all the time.
Always asking you to report the problems like a snitch.
I don’t fuck with it.
Debian only for me dawg

askubuntu.com/questions/970067/missing-amd-gpu-firmware-issue-on-ubuntu-17-10

>using ... LXDE
shiggy diggy

LXQt > else

Seriosly, what the fuck is with that apport shit? When I tried ubuntu it would tell me that something crashed and wants to report a problem every fucking minute, even though everything seemingly worked. Then I tried ubuntu mate, and it kept spamming and actually crashing the DE. That concluded my experience with ubuntu, and no other distro from opensuse to gentoo had such problems.

What should be changed from absolute default?

>Losing my freedom by installing the programs that I want on my machine easily

You're losing your freedom because even though you can't program, someone with a huge beard can't decide what you need on your machine in place of what you thought was good.

As I said in and in , you are free to be controlled by anyone you want, it's your freedom you're giving away, not mine

>t. haven't read anything about free software

Attached: adult hachikuji.jpg (125x125, 3K)

But I still have the freedom to install and remove programs from my machine, whether they be proprietary or not. Just like you have the freedom not to use proprietary software in the first place. That's kinda what freedom means: having the the ability to do what you want, whether it be good or bad. Installing possibly proprietary software doesn't inherently reduce my freedom to make changes to my computer.

Freedom is in the eye of the beholder.
Can RMS metalwork? Could he build a table?
Does he use proprietary furniture?
Proprietary cars?
Proprietary aircraft?

Unless he can and DOES all those things, he's got no platform to stand on.

>amazon
>unity and gnome
>niggername
>keeps trying to fuck around

>But I still have the freedom to install and remove programs from my machine, whether they be proprietary or not
???
but I never claimed otherwise? In fact I stated exactly that in , it's up to you to install programs that don't respect your freedom in your computer. It's your computer and your freedom that you're giving up, not someone else's

>Installing possibly proprietary software doesn't inherently reduce my freedom to make changes to my computer
This comparison doesn't make sense. Installing proprietary software in your computer also doesn't reduce your freedom to replace your CPU, for example. Though malware like Windows 10 seems like they'd challenge this example.

Not a single example you mentioned is a computer program, user.

>Unless he can and DOES all those things, he's got no platform to stand on.
What do you mean? He defends free software, and dedicate his time to it. He also only uses free software by choice. Why wouldn't he have "platform" to stand on?

Attached: beautiful legs.jpg (850x601, 391K)

>hating on White Unity

>programs that don't respect your freedom in your computer

I mean the only programs that don't respect your freedom are unironic viruses and botnets. Just because I install rar doesn't mean it somehow doesn't respect my freedom, since I can still install and remove programs on my computer. Again, just because they don't share the source code doesn't mean they are assaulting my freedom.

>Software programming is special compared to other skills.
Elitism much?

Show the line(s) of code where it sends more data.

The Amazon thing is nothing more than a bookmark that opens up Amazons homepage. It doesn't do anything else.

This, it's not horrible

Depending on version...
>Install something other than GNOME
>Disable Amazon botnet

Attached: 1521103288617.gif (500x517, 767K)

>Just because I install rar doesn't mean it somehow doesn't respect my freedom,
Taking from the example you choose (rar),

>restriction that it must not be used to reverse engineer the RAR compression algorithm
user, this is literally what restricting your freedom means. It might be the case that you never planned to do so in the first place (for example, if you're not a programmer), but then you're falling into the "don't care about free speech because I got nothing to say" territory.

>since I can still install and remove programs on my computer.
This is mostly the case, but not always. Non-free software on closed distributions of Android are, sometimes, impossible to uninstall. I've never used Windows 10, but I've read online that it has pre-installed programs that reinstall themselves after some time.
It's also (albeit an important issue) unrelated to the four essential freedoms all free software gives to the end user.

> just because they don't share the source code doesn't mean they are assaulting my freedom
It denies you the freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

did you quote the wrong post?

Attached: Lancer vs True Assassin.jpg (672x600, 143K)

>systemd

>tfw ubuntu LTS broke Unity
askubuntu.com/questions/1006621/2-15-18-compiz-update-broke-unity

Attached: 1491367918061.jpg (351x351, 22K)

Idiot

Always have problems with drivers I don't have with Fedora.