Which languages should one learn for tech networking?

Considering that we'll likely see a further shift in Asian (India, China and possibly Japan and Korea) superpowers into greater global influence what languages (including non-Asian) does Jow Forums think will be useful to know in the coming decades?

Attached: hello_in_different_languages.jpg (640x240, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_space_program
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

C, Python, JavaScript.

I think you mean COBOL.

C, Haskell, and scheme.

After you've learned these 3 you've mastered pretty much all programming has to offer.

>C
Lower level, supported everywhere, can implement quick code for absolutely whatever base you need, better understanding of computer mechanisms

>Scheme
Multi-paradigm language that works well for scripting (or standalone), gives access to tons of good literature about computing, helps transition into Haskell, teaches how objects are just a poor man's closure, quite fast compared to other scripting languages (especially Chez scheme)

>Haskell
Closer to the highest realm of abstraction, useful for learning all sorts of mathematical based fields, fast, good language to use to prototype a program and formally test it before implementing in C (or lower level)

With all 3 of these it really won't matter which language becomes the "next big hit" as you'll have diametric sides of the computing abstraction level in your bag and can easily converge from either side to extend your skills in the new language and/or understand it deeply quickly.

However no one will do this just learn Javascript.

>ITT: Jow Forums doesn't know any other languages aside from programming languages.

Attached: thunk.png (942x964, 52K)

>implying I even know a programming language

Isn't Python or Perl useful for cybersecurity tools?

More like script-kiddie programs for pentesting. Unless that's what you meant by "tech networking".

For native English speakers there is absolutely no reason to learn another language.

this, for the most part

mandarin might become important in the next decade though

What I meany by "tech networking" was:
>interact with others to exchange information and develop professional or social contacts.

>Literally China.

All cybersec nerds I know learn assembly, C, and shell scripting.

>interact with others

Because Jow Forums knows all about that.

C is based.

Oh, sorry for assuming that Jow Forums had at least a FEW technology professional and not just a bunch of largely Western hikikomori wannabes.

Attached: shrug.jpg (384x313, 82K)

Bump.

I think I read that when Linus Torvalds was writing notes and comments on what was to become Linux he said it never occured to him to use any language other then english.

Why is English the lingua franca?

Because of the vast influence of the British Empire followed by the USA

Ah, so Mandarin will soon be the lingua franca in a century, or so.

No it will be Hindi my good sir

Nah, it really wont.
>t. Chinese absolutely dominating the Indian Sea

return to your designated street, pajeet

My good sir India have space program by 2020 and overtake china population by 2024

onions basedboy onions

Population means nothing if you can't even toilet.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_space_program
Already checked.

Thank you zhang, +100 social credit to your weibo account.

The Party sure pays well. Still the truth though.

Except it's not. Mandarin will never supplant English, at least not in the west.

No, they'll probably mix into some Firefly-esque dialect.

Bump.

>being alive in the current year
English
>Silicon Valley starter pack
Spanish
>code monkey or code sweatshop supervisor
Mandarin
Hindi
>EU gov't work
Levantine and Gulf Arabic
>my master's program said pick a language
German
French
>pedophile cartoon enthusiast
Japanese
>it's computer SCIENCE
Latin
>grand wizard
Greek

Attached: everyone but me.png (500x574, 228K)