Qwerty users will defend this

>Qwerty users will defend this

Attached: t8zh0rENKY2tm3-JzY2HryXMyvz4SaxrK7wYZr9LseU.png (499x341, 105K)

works for me so why change

Yeah, I want to use Dvorak or the other, but looking for software and physical keys that match are hard.
I will probably try in some weeks with just the keyboard on my phone and see what happens.

>communism
Nice try Dvorak. Or should I say LENIN

Just move the keycaps.

RSI prevention

I have been typing Dvorak for a few years now, but I don't use it on my phone. 2 thumb typing is easier on Qwerty because all of the most used keys are spread out, makes you type less.

typo*
kek

>make you make less typos
>makes a typo
what did he mean by this?

>let me switch to a complete new keyboard layout and throw away years of mastering the qwerty layout

>Not typing with only 2 fingers

Attached: firefox_2018-04-19_00-31-22.png (305x395, 16K)

Wait fuck I uploaded the wrong one

Attached: firefox_2018-04-21_14-14-50.png (291x383, 16K)

Two fingers master race.

Attached: (JPEG Image, 2292 × 1656 pixels) - Scaled (55%).jpg (2292x1656, 102K)

that fancy graph seems to imply that there ought to be a correlation between finger length and finger usage. That's pretty much pulled out of some dvorak's fanboy ass.

This.

>learn Dvorak or other meme layout
>"user, could you provide us with an implementation of this for the next stage of your interview? You have 30 minutes."
>either constantly fucking up your typing or slow as Grandpa because you can't use a QWERTY board anymore (spoiler: the one that 99.99% of people use)
>"we'll get back to you."

>can't use more than one keyboard layout at 80+WPM
dumb americans

you realize there are more languages than english with different dominant letters right?

How did you take that pictures when both your hands are in it?

>only having 2 hands
>2018

heh

Who fucking cares you stupid moron. Just learn to type QWERTY so you can use what is always available to you.

>Oh your layout is QWERTY, Oh just let me set your layout to DVORAK so I can fucking type in a world that uses QWERTY everywhere.

Type 140 WPM on QWERTY. The fuck more do I need? Do I need to optimize my finger output to increase my already fast typing speed for the zero situations ill need to type faster?

>using your index fingers more instead of your fucking ring and pinky is somehow bad
Fuck off, there is 0 research on Dvorak being more efficient, its free market letting the best one win at work

you're probably typing this on your mechanical memeboard plugged into your refurbished memepad running gentoo

Learning a new layout is more work than dealing with the inferior layout that I already know.

IF IT IS NOT BROKEN, DO NOT FIX IT

double chin

>my index finger is longer than my middle finger, which is longer than my ring finger
The usage is correlated with finger dexterity, you idiot.

>the two fingers that the average human is the most proficient in using, on the hand that remaiins on the keyboard at all times, are the most useful fingers in QWERTY
Sounds like good design to me.

The implication of this image is that the keystrokes should be evenly distributed between each finger, but that implies both that each letter in the alphabet is used equally which can't be true (obviously vowels are used more), and second each finger has the same strength therefore work should be evenly distributed.

I imagine it has more to do with right-handedness being more common and pairing a keyboard with a mouse, therefore your dominant hand it preoccupied and the majority of keystrokes should be managed by the left hand.

>2018
>not using Colemak

>needing to look at your hands to type

When I switched I printed to a note card with a dvorak layout and taped it above my monitor

>Being a manlet and caring about this shit
Sorry qwerty is so hard for you, lil guy

t. everyone in Africa

You can turn any keyboard into Dvorak. Just move the keycaps and then in the system settings for your OS, tell it you're using a Dvorak layout.

>you idiot
kettle, pot, nigger situation.
That fancy graph clearly tries to draw a comparison between finger length and finger usage, moreover it tries to advertise the dvorak as more "natural" than the alternative (whether or not it's an accurate depiction of the average hand isn't relevant at all).
"Finger dexterity" is fugazi reference, arguably the pinky doesn't deserve so much attention and it's over-emphasised on the left.

>Evening out the finger load is good

Attached: 1320823866878.jpg (251x250, 5K)

but who uses their tea boner finger to type

Attached: tea man.jpg (450x319, 33K)

who told you finger usage must be proportional to its length?

but youre a phone poster

i only use 7 fingers and its fast enough

The layout we use in my native language was made with the same ideas as Dvorak and it's noticeably less straining to type on.
But then you see that a significant portion of "people" use a "phonetic" layout which just converts QWERTY to Cyrillic, but one alphabet uses 26 characters and the other 30 so even the tilde key is employed.
It makes me want to kill myself when I see someone typing like that, because it's inevitably an even worse layout than QWERTY itself.

Attached: BDS.png (919x317, 27K)

This is a good argument. Can you expand? Would like to see stuff on a "dominant finger".

I use 7 fingers and your mom says it's enough

I learned how to type with a fucked up style through playing online videogames. My left hand hovers around WASD/Tab/Shift/Ctrl, and my right hand covers the other 2/3 of the keyboard. Allows for maximum /all chat typing while moving the character.

I type fast enough, my only issue is general accuracy. I feel like it's too late to relearn touch typing, if that's even worth it.

Dvorak is shit for anything other than English. I type in French, Italian and English daily (Japanese too, but it's way too different to be compared) and QWERTY offers the overall best compromise.

Sure and while the fuck at it might as well use this thing too just to be sure.

Attached: Ergodox.jpg (2048x1365, 174K)

my mom prefers 40

>dvorak
>finger ratios of an effeminate man
>qwerty
>a gun and \m/ sign
Thanks for defending it for us, basedboy.

>developing muscle memory for obscure keyboard layout
>can't use keyboards at school, work, or anywhere else
Sounds like a good plan.

How do I hack people without qwerty and wasd?

>QWERTY was designed with mouses in mind

Where do I plug my mouse into my 1874 Sholes & Glidden typewriter?

>that caps lock
why

I actually have a POK3R that can do that with it own switches under the keyboard, but never tried it at all tho.
I will probably do what the other user said, to print it and put it above my monitor.

>learn to use Dvorak
>use it for years
>get to 140 wpm
>hahaqwertyfagssuck.png
>be at uni library
>cutie comes over
>"hey user, your friend told me you were good with computers. can you help me?"
>gives laptop
>qwerty layout
>sweating.gif
>need to open browser, search for av
>searching and picking on the keyboard
>"uhh looks like you're having troubles there, user"
>no, no wrong keyboard, I run a custom gentoo inst-
>"lol user, that's how all keyboards look. Do you even have a computer?
>I-I...
>"it's ok, thanks for trying. I'll take it to Chad, he studies IT Management."
>later pass by Chad's dorm room window
>cutie gettinf railed
>Chad wearing 'QWERTY is life' t-shirt
>mfw still can do 140wpm in Dvorak

Attached: 2018-04-21 20.03.07.png (1065x1800, 1.41M)

>they have to look at the keys
>they don't know how to change keyboard layout
wew

We have to go deeper.

/thread

qwerty was made or typewriters to slow people down and not cause issues with the heads

Kekkles

Do you like the new plebbit layout, you fucking faggot?

Nice myth
QWERTY was made so all the back pins on typewriters wouldn't get jammed on one another, but speed was never a thing
See related paper - On the prehistory of QWERTY, by Yasuoka Koichi and Yasuoka Motoko

Attached: Screenshot_20180421-213317.png (1080x1920, 630K)

You talk like learning Dvorak makes you magically forget QWERTY. Pro tip: it doesn't. You might get a little out of practice, but not "grandpa slow".

Attached: typingspeed.png (666x601, 72K)

>implying it isn't the fault of the English language itself rather than the keyboard layout

Attached: 1522142108791.jpg (740x946, 119K)

Who is this milk maiden?

I've used Dvorak for just over five years. Got a job where I logged into a virtual machine every day which always reset my setting to Qwerty so I am now quite fluent in both Qwerty and Dvorak.

post her on tv they will know