Apple Controversy

All the retards in the thread yesterday absolutely BTFO
youtu.be/qS88Jt3r8rM?t=19m43s

Attached: Selection_041.jpg (880x582, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=qS88Jt3r8rM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hooktube.com/watch?v=qS88Jt3r8rM

It blows my mind that some people would actually suggest that it would cost Apple more to replace half the parts of the machine than replace the whole machine.

Like, do they think they're selling iMacs at a loss?

Linus threads belongs to

You Linus faggots still salty huh. Apple had every right to refuse repair. End of story, there is no guarantee from Apple that they will provide parts or support to their products if you choose to void warranty, open a device up and break it. the end.

Go write to your local consumer affairs watchdog / government and campaign for change, buts that is the way it is.

also

>watching and liking linus tech tips videos
seriously consider suicide

Attached: 8h_jrdf.png (977x949, 1.22M)

t. hasn't read anything about the controversy

Apple refused to fix it since:

1. Apple mandated the iMac Pro can only be repaired by people with "Apple Pro" certification. Anyone without "Apple Pro" certification is not allowed to repair it.
2. Apple have made spare parts but refuses to distribute them to anyone.
3. Why? Because nobody can get Apple Pro certification yet. There is nobody on earth certified for Apple Pro, therefore no one is allowed to have the spare parts of try and repair it via other means.

uhuh too difficult to get fixed so Apple told them it can't be repaired. The end.

About point one.
Nobody on the planet has Apple Pro certification.

Yep, it is there under their exclusions for out of warranty repairs.
>(iv) service cannot be performed because the serial number has been altered, defaced or removed or the product has failed due to accident, abuse, liquid spill or submersion, neglect, misuse (including faulty installation, repair, or maintenance by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider), unauthorized modification, extreme environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, fluctuation or surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes (“Service Exclusions”).
Right next to refusing repair for liquid spill.

>too difficult to get fixed so Apple told them it can't be repaired. The end.
>its hard to unscrew things
They have monkeys in the back doing this shit for minimum wage you noggun.

STOP ADVERTISING YOUR SHITTY CHANNEL FOR UNDERAGE FAGGOTS

yeah, but the decision is entirely Apples discretion

Why would they need technicians with the certification when every iMac should be under standard warranty? Seems stupid to train them prematurely for a lone faggot like Linus.

Because under warranty they may have to do similar repairs?

What this tells us is that they aren't even prepared to support warranty repairs of the iMac Pro.

Under warranty they would take your old iMac and give you a brand new one. Your "to be repaired" iMac would sit in a warehouse until Apple gets around to refurbishment.

Seriously, you Linus faggots are driven by pure emotion. Try thinking about this logically for once.

I hate the guy, I don't give a shit about apple or whatever company he makes advertisement for, he is a shitty person and he is bad at his job.
He is not a good entertainer, he is not a good reviewer, he is not a technical person, he does not have a good face or voice for it, so he can't even get by on his genetics.
If he choked and died on a stream, maybe I will tune in to cheer him on. Being a high class beggar is not something to worship.

Not exactly.
The iMac Pro can come in many configurations so it would be easier to them to replace parts most of the time. If it was something like a mainboard issue then they would likely do as you say.
Fun fact though, there is a DIY service option which Apple can choose at their discretion where they will just mail you the parts and it is up to you to install them.
So this whole argument over whether should have people around trained to repair it is pretty much void because they could always just charge them the cost of the parts and shipping and then leave it up to Linus to install it all themselves.

>Nobody on the planet has Apple Pro certification.

This is literally what I said but okay.

My bad

Why do Apple still make the Mac Pro?

Ok so Apple Pro certification is like,
the cannabis stamp act,
where it "exists" but can not be obtained.
>who do i talk to about my iphone 5?
i put screen protectors on it,
>no scratches!
and then the battery expands due to "overheating" or swelling....
>and bulges the damn screen out
>until i had to Duct tape it on!
got it repaired with a cheap barely functional
touch screen......
then got a new case for it after my Ottorbox broke....
and i dropped the bitch on the concrete
>with the new case in my other hand!
WTF?
you think the
>GREAT WYZRD UV WOZ
can fix my shit?
or what??????
>serious replies only!
i can't get on the Instagram N-E-M0AR!
>: (
p.s.
here is some fresh Terry O.C.
for looking at my cringey
but embarassingly true story.
>PLZ H4LP!

Attached: K1N6 T3RRY! D4 T3RR1BLE!.png (768x1029, 623K)

>Right next to refusing repair for liquid spill.
hey apple, define "misuse", "neglect", "abuse".

>this entire fucking post
holy shit you're trying way too hard to fit in here reddit

Attached: 1498368071067.jpg (482x526, 20K)