Galaxy S7 on 2018

Should I get a Samsung galaxy S7 right now?

Attached: [email protected] (572x579, 35K)

no, you dumb fuck

What is your current phone?

S7 may have random display issues like those pink lines and shit.

I have it. Works great. Just make sure you don't get a Snapdragon or you won't be able to root it or install a new rom. Get an Exynos.

get a S8. It's basically half the price of S9 for almost the same phone.

Get the edge, root it, and install an s8/s9 ROM. Stock s7 software is booty

I wouldn't. I had an S7 Edge and it had a vertical purple line appear in it. Happened to another friend of mine too.

I fucking love my S7

Favorite phone I've ever owned. Although I was an apple fag for about 5 years prior

Is this an actual thing? How long does it take for it to happen? Been using my S7 for a little over 8 months now and it's still going strong. If it's just the Edge that does it, my S6 Edge had no problems either.

Galaxy J7 prime
I want the regular S7, not the Edge

Just get it if it's significantly cheaper than an S8. Make sure it's an Exynos though because of what this user said unless you're not into rooting. I'd strongly advise doing so though, because unless you get an SD card for extra space you're going to be wishing you could delete the bloated system apps.

Not true anymore.

Yeah it is, unless you can somehow bypass the hardcoded protection it has.

i bought an s6 the summer when the s7 was the current flagship

sold it 1 week later cuz i was doing exactly what i was doing with my previous $70 chinkshit just 2 seconds faster and i was missing $400

When you root is there anyway to keep the apps and data such that they don't need to be reinstalled?
Want to keep some shit that requires google authentication for installation, but want to keep the phone degoogled

I have my S5 from release year. Slapped LineageOS on it last year and it still works like new.

What do you mean by require Google authentication for installation?

no

There should (in an ideal world) be no reason to not recommend this phone. The hardware is good and sufficient enough to run a mobile operating system. But Android manufacturers don't often update their software for more than 2-3 years, and this phone is now at the point where support will end.
If you're comfortable running custom firmware, the Exynos version of the phone might be suitable. But try and find an open-sourced or otherwise reviewed firmware.

no. I'm using it and it's not bad but I'd really not recommend buying one in 2018. even something like the Moto G6 would be a better choice.

If you're on T-mobile the S9 has the 600mhz low band 71 or w/e that improves your range and quality in doors.

Also it's bound to have some price drop promos in a few months or something

yeah, they're better than midrange phones that are going for the same price.

Can only get it through the play store

Use the Yalp Store, you can download it from F-Droid. Basically it grabs APKs from the Play Store to install without Google Play Services. Though some apps may still require Play Services to be installed, and the only way to check is to try to run it on a device without play services. Most apps don't require them though.

Should you get a XYZ phone? > is it supported by Lineage or Copperhead?( > no > no/> yes > yes)

Use Aptoide for that then.
Or this, but Aptoide is a bit safer.

Ive only really heard of that after dropping the phone or getting it wet

>getting it wet
Can't be. S7 is virtually waterproof. S6 Edge wasn't much different. I've used both in very wet environments.

Why is it safer? First time I hear about Aptoide, thanks.

>aptoide safer than Yalp that literally downloads it from googles servers

ok kid :^)

if it gets cracked it's not waterproof anymore

>Aptoid: An alternative, decentralized set of repos that inspired F-Droid, for those who still want mainstream apps and timely updates without having to sign in to Google or sideload apks repeatedly. It features malware scanning and compares the app signature with that of the Google Play Store when available.
You're a fucking idiot.

then dont drop it like a nigger then

Yalp is literally on f-droid, its open sores too
stay mad aptardio

Aptoide is open source too, brainlet.

So what exactly makes it safer than Yalp though?

Virtually waterproof isn't waterproof. A strong jet of water in the wrong place and you'll get pink eye.

Fuck no bro.. Not even iphone

Learn to read, i said too, i didnt say "unlike the other"

lmaoing at your life
nothing

Yalp uses a dummy account (or your own) to connect to Play, whereas Aptoide skips that altogether and just serves you the app.

Can you get paid apps tho

Yes, and some are even available for free if the APK has been verified.