Can we have an uptime / dick size thread & reasons why?

Can we have an uptime / dick size thread & reasons why?

I'll start
>Home server (1U HP)
>UPS backed
>Hosts VMs for various specific loads used by friends and family (media, time machine & backup, mail, owncloud)
>Debian stable.

Attached: dick size.png (1878x152, 87K)

3 years ago a local school was getting rid of a bunch of old dell optiplexes so i took them all and set them to mine litecoins
27 machines been running for 3 years straight, no downtime. all are still at full load. still havent checked how many coins i have. im waiting for the 5 year mark to see if i made anything.

>get to location at 5 year mark
>realize you forgot to turn them on

>2 day uptime
>debian testing
>"daily driver" laptop
>15cm

Just reinstalled KVM host, but
>ProxMox (Dell r610) - 1 day
>Gayming PC - 8 days
>OpenWRT Router - 583 days

Attached: 15240582535904286671198147331020.png (1280x1313, 616K)

nah, they are all mining at full cpu load. i do have monitoring stuff set up
im just not checking the wallet until the 5 year mark

are you paying for electricity? you could be unprofitable depending on power costs.

i just set them up hidden in an old warehouse nobody uses that still has power

>Hosts VMs
I never understood this.

Why do you use VMs instead of simply installing the services directly?

How is that possible? Who owns the warehouse?

Lots of places are powered in blocks so whoever owns the land probably left it powered without noticing. Happens a lot more than youd think.

>no kernel updates for 170 days
this is retarded

If you don't understand it, you don't need to know.

Containerization. If they dont need direct access to each other they should be sandboxed. Also makes backup easier.

That's absolutely retarded

Doesn't the overhead get pretty noticeable if you have more than two or three VMs?

s/updates/security updates

easier to rollback, manage, backup..
VM breakouts are kinda rare as well

containers are a bit weaker in this regard, you can easily attack the host kernel from within them

absolutely no idea. its really run down, parts of it falling apart, but i used to hang out there with my friends in high school.
i just stacked them up in a cold corner of the basement and have them all online with a cellular internet access point thing. cell service is the only thing im paying for, so i should have a profit.

Very nice, hope it lasts

and they've been diligently paying the large power bill for 3 years without any questions? Accounting should have picked this up.

It's not retarded, you are just completely oblivious to even the simplest concepts of fucking computers and technology.

Keep lurking or go back to Jow Forumscomputers you fucking dingus.

I work as a .Net developer.

I don't interact with infrastructure other than using Azure and checking logs when shit breaks inside Azure's VMs.

Thinking that people not knowing something makes them retarded makes you look like an imbecile.

Unless of course know everything there is to know about technology, in which case I'd like some help on Monday for optimising reflection using cache.

based pajeet

they were kept on all the time in the school's computer lab, so i figure they dont use much power. they have i7 3770s which arent very demanding even under load. while the power increase would be noticible in a household, i dont think its significant enough to be noticed in any sort of industrial environment
even if it gets shut down, none of it traces to me and nothing of value is lost. i still get the coins they mined

>0
>It's off

You should check now, you could be litecoin rich!

kekd.

Odroid C1 working as fileserver, torrent-daemon, boot-server, dlna server etc...

Attached: Screenshot-208.png (1089x110, 29K)

>none of it traces to me
Except for the SSH log and the fucking cell access you have pointed at it, you dumbass

You better have a killswitch on this shit and a motion tracker/camera setup.

>I work as a .Net developer.
>the reddit spacing
That explains your ignorance. Best of luck, pajeet.

Poo in the loo!

Attached: uptime.jpg (563x27, 13K)

>What is ksplice