/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/MY3ZvUHL

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: danbooru.donmai.us 3096104 2girls o absurdres blush closed_mouth collared_shirt donguri_suzume dot_n (3023x3782, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no/
youtube.com/watch?v=eJeGa79-Tb4
youtu.be/wN0jj0QSGpU
youtube.com/watch?v=YSMY9mAvRko
youtube.com/watch?v=PW4faIozI7k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ugj6rvDj0Mk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

woah rate my headphones guys xd

Attached: 717Fvo6+llL._SL1250_.jpg (1250x1250, 237K)

good pastebin
now add dont buy schiit and sennheiser in it and we have our final one

Attached: IMG_20180322_175242766.jpg (2340x4160, 2.68M)

B&W PX vs 1000XM2?

Attached: px_finishes.jpg (1800x1800, 490K)

What's the /hpg/ way to clean velour pads?

wash them?

buy new from aliexpress, they are cheap af there

onions

basedboy

should i cover my x2s with napkins when i dont use them so they dont get dusty

PX are unlistenably bad when NC is on full tilt but great when NC is off. 1000XM2 is decent in all modes.

You have been visited by Headphone Jesus. Wooden cups and smooth treble will come to you but only if you post "Thank you Headphone Jesus" in this thread.

Attached: Headphone Jesus.jpg (1920x1280, 207K)

fuck off headphone jew!

Thank you Headphone Jesus

Hey guys. This thread is not shit yet. I like it.

Attached: aaaaa4.png (560x625, 216K)

well you just had to go and ruin it

>shipping some amerimutt overpriced t50 to europe to overpay even more in shipping and taxes
what the fuck?!

Attached: bad peepo!.gif (487x560, 898K)

no

Attached: shitpost.png (500x1228, 816K)

It's a T50 mod and £25 is nothing for shipping.
I make these thread better. You have no idea the leg work I put in to the thread
This meme dose not apply here. Funny take on the meme tho.

Attached: Wife.jpg (563x842, 133K)

you gonna pay more when it comes to europe senpai

Thank you Headphone Jesus

thank you headphone jesus

Attached: 1521319549953.jpg (746x888, 64K)

How is a K702 for someone who mainly listens to shoegaze/postrock and folk shit

Sad but true. The price we pay for healthcare.

Attached: 1454992524699.jpg (805x1074, 108K)

Woah my wife Mugi
I dont give a fuck about headphones tho but have a picture of my girl dressed as maid

Attached: 1522830426224.jpg (2916x3834, 923K)

What's a good DAC to get or USB amp? Why no guide on this?

Attached: 74c.jpg (500x415, 47K)

>smooth treble

Both the Atticus and Eikon have weird as fuck treble though.

As a first pair of headphones would you rather get HD600 or HD650? The price difference is about 20€ here so I'm considering both options. I'd like to use these headphones to enjoy music obviously, but also for recording/mixing purposes through a Focusrite 2i2 Amp. Any suggestions?

stax

HD650 for better matching. Assuming you're in Europe though, you might be more interested in the AKG K7xx lineup that is quite cheaper with similar fidelity.

please kami-sama, allow my package to arrive swiftly and safetly

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-21 13-51-48.png (451x235, 15K)

I do live in Europe yes. As for the AKG I didn't really like them and I can definitely put 300-400€ for a nice pair of headphones. I have a stable income and I'd like to slowly build up a home studio but for now I'm confined to headphones since I can't really make too much noise. By the way what do you mean when you say matching?

still using my sen hd205, been like ~8 years now.
soldered cord few times, overall 10/10.
spend like 60 pounds at that time.
gosh, I probably have to coup some from china for my future generation, if there is still some in storages.

Attached: 1522844826041.jpg (991x672, 107K)

it's trash and you should feel bad now buy stax

>sen hd205
>trash
you foken wat?

They are garbage

ye

Attached: IMG_20180410_23031482654.jpg (1170x2080, 1.47M)

HD650 with EQ software. Alternatively, HD6XX, but I don't know what the prices are like for you there.

Attached: HD650.png (928x960, 104K)

I see. I thought the 6XX were just repackaged HD650 though? Also, I sometimes have to transcribe basslines from recordings (especially funk and metal), do you think any of the 600/650 would have the edge here? I imagine precision would be the important factor here.

sheepskin leather or velour pads?

what headphones?

oh MDRv6

Attached: 1476369783354.png (259x259, 105K)

get sheepskin

>Budget
$30
>Location
America, able to buy off Amazon
>Type of headphone
IEM, any style is fine over ear or drop
+bonus points for detatchable cable (fine without it)
>Sound signature
Decent mids. I really want vocal clarity for audiobooks and some rock music for an upcoming trip.

I'm currently about to order KZ Atr after looking at several reviews saying the mids are not terrible compared to the other budget KZs. I'm looking for more suggestions but everything I search for gets described as v-shaped.

HD6XX is basically the same thing as an HD650. Just has a cheaper paint job and a shorter cable. You might be able to find it cheaper on ebay or something. The mid-bass warmth of the HD650 can make the bass stand out a bit more, or it can be pretty easily EQ'd to neutrality using free software.

Alright thanks a bunch, I will look into that!

You'll need to EQ in some sub-bass in the HD650, around 5-3db. Mid-bass is slightly emphasized in the HD6x0 line so there's that also.
HD6XX is a cheaper HD650, however you need to import them which might end up more expensive (or not, depends on customs luck).

The HD600/650 are only a good value if you buy them in America via massdrop or with discounts in Europe.

If you didn't like the K7XX you probably would prefer the 600 over the 650 because the 650 and K7XX are very similar. The 600 has even less sub-bass and a slightly sharper mid range.

Is there any list of good internet radio stations?

chiru.no/ is the only way

The store I'm getting them from has a special sales on both, hence why the HD650 is around 300€ instead of a much higher 380€.
As for the K7XX it was more a problem of ergonomy, I didn't like them visually and I don't particularly like how they fit on my head.
Yeah considering said discount it's cheaper to just straight up get an actual 650.

I have the MDR-1000X. So much better than any other NC headphones on the market. Can't go wrong with them.

Is the Fiio Q1 Mark II the best portable headphone dac for 100€?

Attached: 1000x1000_Fiio_Q1_Mark_II__83364.1500822058.jpg (1000x1000, 129K)

fucking weeb shit

Please recommend me a good portable closed headphone for less than 100€.

HD600

Takstar Pro 82

Get the hd660s its strictly better than either of them. A bit more expensive but it'll last you 30 years so you may as well go for the best model.
I have them and the hd650, they sound way better.

Brainwavz HM5. Nice pads.
Other option:
ATH-M40X

I'd say the Sabaj DA3 is probably better as a DAC, but the amplifier seems slightly less powerful. Not much info about the Q1 though.
>almost the exact same FR and tuning
>more distortion
>price of a used HD800/STAX
>doesn't fix any flaws of the usual HD600/650 at twice the price
Yeah I'm sure it's "strictly better".

I understand why the impressions on these are shit... it's because people don't take more than 15 minutes to figure out how to get them to sound their best

the stock pads are ass not just in comfort but in slam. people also turn off the taction to listen to the driver's fidelity but it sounds weird without any bass, the taction doesn't kick in until 5/10 on the knob. I'm not sure why they even allow below 4/5. they slam almost as hard as the JVC after a pad swap, bass boosting with EQ, and setting the volume knob to 8/10.

Attached: IMG_20180421_160050_DRO.jpg (5172x2931, 3.39M)

Idol Trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1522503353988.png (1280x692, 13K)

is that the nico nico nii sign ?
nico nico niii to you idol trash ^^_^^

I need a more powerful amp, the kannons are sucking up 4W no problem

Attached: PE PE !.jpg (400x300, 17K)

Somebody finally spotted that :)
Actual filename: hpg_hd600_niconii_indexed.png

Attached: 1494105531662.png (1280x720, 1.69M)

>last 30 years
It'll snap way before then.

But really, some people might like the 660s better than the 600 or 650, however it's objectively worse than both of them.

Its objectively better. Better driver, better pads.
Sounds like a higher class of headphone.

>better pads
They're the same.
>better driver
HD700 driver which was already a cucked HD650 driver.

Even if you prefer the sound of the 660S, it's objectively a worse headphone than the other 600s.

Neither you fool.
You are in Europe, you can get AKG and Beyer so cheap, Fidelios too.

>format .flac
what you can play flacs on your browser in websites like that?
sounds unreal

What if you really don't want treble emphasis?

Is the 32 ohm dt770 worse in audio quality than the 80 ohm, or is this just a placebo meme?

Nice. I'd share my EQ preset with you but we got different pads so it wouldn't work out. The dynamic driver has a bit of a hump around 250hz, you might want to pull that down by a couple dB. Then again, I'm somewhat allergic to upper midbass so YMMV.

Shure?

yeah I was wondering what that was, the vocals were getting slightly masked. pretty sure that people will misinterpret what I mean when I say *slight*, I'm hesitant to even mention it.

you're not clipping your amp with these? they suck power like a slut if you let them, the volume knob acts like a low pass filter for the TT

yes, get 250Ohm.

Nah, surprisingly not. I run it off the Valhalla on occasion as well, that thing clips like a motherfucker with anything that needs current but it seems to be fine. My DAP pushes it well enough too, only thing that can't handle it is my phone with EQ preamp.

The hump is VERY slight, like 2 or 3 dB.

I'm really looking forward to watching the nanoha and GuP movies with the Kannons. They're just God tier for anything that would benefit from a subwoofer.

>They're just God tier for anything that would benefit from a subwoofer.
the lack of bass masking is mind blowing, you get to have your cake and eat it too

just insane:
youtube.com/watch?v=eJeGa79-Tb4

Are the hd569s an upgrade from the m40x?

muddheiser

oh, btw 5/10 on the volume, 10/10 TT, +10dB bass boost on amp. try that and see if you clip your amp on that song

How are the m-audio hdh50s?

youtu.be/wN0jj0QSGpU

Give this a shot. I haven't listened to this stuff since HS but it's just next level on Kannons.

>10dB bass boost
Holy fuck

pads are not the same, you've never even seen the headphone hahaha

yeah one of the first things I tried, personally 60-65hz is my favorite freq, not a big fan of punchy bass. pretty sure the crossover is too low on the TT but i'm okay with it, wish it was a little higher. the infrasonic bass sounds kinda gimmicky too, it doesn't stop quick enough and you can feel it oscillate. anything higher and it's great though
>holy fuck
I've clipped the taction driver like 3 times already seeing how far I could go

yeah the kannons are pretty close but the jvc win out, they are too violent though imo

youtube.com/watch?v=YSMY9mAvRko

I personally like around 30hz the best. Maxed out the element on high gain with 7 on pulseeffects bass enhancer, 5/10 on volume/tactile knobs. That's just insane, but the tactile driver doesn't seem to be clipping yet.

Do the JVC bounce around on your head even more? That's sort of ridiculous.

>youtube.com/watch?v=eJeGa79-Tb4
>youtu.be/wN0jj0QSGpU
>youtube.com/watch?v=YSMY9mAvRko

That's some hardcore cancer,

Attached: 1470093734372.png (626x348, 80K)

>Do the JVC bounce around on your head even more? That's sort of ridiculous.
yeah a little, except with the jvcs instead of it feeling like it's rumbling on your head it feels like it's violating you through the inner part of the earpads. you can feel the atmospheric pressure changes and it's puke inducing almost. they can do like 125dB of subbass, not worth kannons are way more enjoyable and safer
>I personally like around 30hz the best
40hz + 65hz boosts = sex

>That's some hardcore cancer
tough talk from a basslet hd800 owner. my friend got yelled at just for listening too loudly by a senn rep, you can't even bass boost without damaging your shit

you expect a hd600 shill to have any brain cells?

Post your favorite bassy song then.

This one is mine:
youtube.com/watch?v=PW4faIozI7k

I had a dream that I put on my Kannons and I turned the volume up so high it fried my brain and I couldn't move my arm to turn it back down.

They're the same material and produce the exact same sound alteration.

tfw your headphone is supposedly good at classical but can't even accurately reproduce mahler's hammer as well as the negroid kannon

Attached: 1524209135750m.jpg (1024x566, 57K)

>basslet
Not the genz speak insult! Oh no!
>Post your favorite bassy song then.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ugj6rvDj0Mk

>dope
Uh oh, that's gen z speak. Guess you're going to have to find a different song, champ.