>2018
>not paying for all of your purchases using Apple/Google/Sasmung Pay
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Attached: pmtls.png (412x995, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-9/product_id-11/SGI-Irix.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Edit][Settings] [Search] [Home]
Jow Forums
Jow Forums - Technology
[Post a Reply]
05/04/17 New trial board added: Jow Forums - International/Random
10/04/16 New board for Jow Forums Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16 New Jow Forums Banner Contest with a chance to win a Jow Forums Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]
[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]
0 / 0 / 1 / 2
[Update] [Auto]
File: pmtls.png (40 KB, 412x995)
40 KB
Anonymous 04/21/18(Sat)13:01:11 No.65632953▶

>2018
>not paying for all of your purchases using Apple/Google/Sasmung Pay
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

[Post a Reply]
[Return] [Catalog] [Top]
0 / 0 / 1 / 2
[Update] [Auto]
Delete Post: [File Only]
Style:
[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Edit][Settings] [Search] [Home]
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
About • Feedback • Legal • Contact
[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc /

why the fuck did you paste the entire contents of the page?

>credit above debit

Fuck off Mr. Goldberg

this

>almost all credit cards have no annual fee
>free rewards
>free benefits (extended warranty, price protection, extended return policy, accidental damage coverage) on your purchases
>superior consumer protections under US Law
>pay no interest on purchases if you pay your bill in full each month

protip: usage of credit only benefits the banks if you don't pay in full each month. if you use a 2% general cashback card or cards with higher amounts of category cashback, the bank loses money on you

Because this is a shitposting thread

I fucking would if my goddamn credit union would finally support it. I hate using my card but it's so convenient.

>you get all these "features" for (((free)))!
The lenders make way more than they lose, don't be retarded. Let me guess, you're one of the normie fucks who were shocked that zuckerberg was selling your data. Kill yourself.

it's called the law of averages, user
the idiots who carry balances at 25%+ APRs subsidize people who use credit sensibly

>everyone was afforded the same opportunities in life as me!
>why don't you just use your amex gold card you retards!

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 49K)

Amex Gold is a charge card (with an annual fee no less) that is mandatory to pay in full each month, so it's not really a good example. You're not permitted to carry a balance on it.

That was the point

>NFC
>credit cards
Are you fucking retarded? Cash can't be hacked by Poojeets on the other side of the planet and can't be stolen if you own a gun and shoot thieves. Cash is accepted everywhere. If a place doesn't accept cash, it's probably some shitty numale business run by idiots. Credit cards are a Jewish trick, and NFC is insecure trash. Why the fuck do want your money to be wirelessly accessible? Have you been huffing glue and smoking paint chips? Nigger, what in the name of fuck is wrong with you?

Attached: 1506116670065.png (800x800, 84K)

You can't hack NFC from the other side of the planet too, responses are tokenized. Even if you had someone in range when the screen was on/PIN unlocking the wallet or just in range of a physical contactless card, you would have to process the charge attempt in range of both a real terminal and the victim's card at the same time.

That's why NFC/contactless fraud is basically non-existent, because the phone is worthless if stolen without the PIN, and the contactless card amounts without NFC are limited and fraud is basically limited to cards found by scammers before the cardholder notices they're missing.

Cash on the other hand, you lose your wallet it's forfeit, if someone mugs you, gone. No chargebacks.

I only use cash or checks. I do not spend money I do not have.

>What is debit?

>credit cards are better than debit cards
((()))
Also
>Jow Forums - Business & Finance

or using credit and then paying the bill in full each month from your credit because you're an adult with basic math skills and restraint

Yeah, Bluetooth is perfectly safe as well. So is the Intel ME, and speculative execution!

Every piece of technology will eventually found to be vulnerable. There is no safe standard for software or hardware. There are no completely secure computers, and there never have been.

My point stands. Pajeet and Jamal can't take my cash without reaching into my front pocket and getting shot.

>worrying about another little thing just to save a couple dollars
You're definitely not the adult here.

I make more than I spend, credit is useless to me.

ITT: retarts who, dropped on their head as a child, can't be bothered not to simply pay off their credit cards in full every month.

The rules: hook up your credit card to all your bills, daily payments, etc. Score that 2% cashback all month AND earn interest on that money in a high yield checking account during the month. Only have to pay one bill every month gives benefit of flexibility and convenience as well.

>Muh Jewish banks

You're a dumb brainlet if you pay interest on your credit card.

>people ITT deliberately using debit cards over credit

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>doing business with Jews at all
No thanks.

>Yeah, Bluetooth is perfectly safe as well. So is the Intel ME, and speculative execution!

distractions. the secure element will not disclose its contents to other devices and is tamper resistant. else, source a substantial attack on the secure element. academic papers and other sources demonstrating the attack would be fine.

>Every piece of technology will eventually found to be vulnerable. There is no safe standard for software or hardware. There are no completely secure computers, and there never have been.

this is universal user, chips (EMV) have been shown vulnerable to pre-play attacks that are indistinguishable from card cloning. at least a smartphone has more than an ounce of power to work against this.

>My point stands. Pajeet and Jamal can't take my cash without reaching into my front pocket and getting shot.
and here comes the internet tough guy

>save a couple dollars
I bought a pair of headphones for $300, retail is $350, they went on sale on a site for $180, my issuer automatically refunded me the $120. I've had more than $1,000 in extended warranty claims in the past year. the benefits make more money than the cashback, but the cashback is gravy on whatever I'm buying anyways.

people shitting on credit cards have low credit ratings from their negligent spending habits and have a net worth of $20 and $0 savings. you're leaving money on the table if you don't sign yourself up for a cashback card. also, using a debit card is what poor people do. hmmm

hey dumbass, the laptop you're using/computer you built comes from a company with jews in corporate positions.

>all this credit card shilling ITT
I use debit and cash. I got enough student debt to satisfy my taste for risk for a while to come.

>being an americlap
lmao

for some reason I keked at this really hard

What should my usage be at? I use it pretty regularly, but they keep raising my limit and I'm wondering when I should call and ask them to stop.

Less than 30% definitely and less than 13% ideally.

As far as your limits being nonsensical, it really doesn't matter up until the point where a lender says they think you have too much available credit. This is rare though; for revolving credit (like credit cards), lenders generally only care about the overall balances you tend to charge each month (utilization on all lines) and what their exposure is to you alone. You can have twice your income in available credit and a lot of lenders will be fine with it, most lenders will want to cap their individual liability between 50-60% of your annual income tops.

>hey dumbass, the laptop you're using/computer you built comes from a company with jews in corporate positions.
I'm posting from an SGI Tezro. You're wrong.

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-9/product_id-11/SGI-Irix.html
user pls

Are Yuropoors really too dumb to control their spending and need a debit card to protect them from the big bad consumerist jew?

when the yuropoors get declined because there's no longer any money in their checking accounts they call up the UN on their government subsidized cellular phones and ask them to beg the UN to ask the US for relief

>All these debitcucks ITT
You do realize that stores that accept credit cards increase their sale prices to cover credit transaction fees, right? Thanks for subsidizing my cashback and customer protection you cucks.

Attached: smugphos.png (460x490, 232K)

people who actually believe that credit card usage substantially increases store prices ignore the costs of handling cash and the inflexibility in general of stores to hike prices too much in the face of competition

anyone remember when debit card purchases (1/3rd of US retail purchases) were capped for the largest banks at 22 cents plus 5 basis points (one half of one percent) of transaction and prices dropped overnight due to the reduced transaction fees? because I sure as hell don't.

credit benefits are more subsidized by idiots carrying balances than interchange. a lot of credit cards offer benefits in excess of swipe fees for that reason

I don't use IRIX. I use OpenBSD. You're wrong again.

hi theo

Banks basically make their money off inflation, there's little profit in personal credit lines. Used to work for a local bank.

[ + ] v g pol b t r fit tv mu diy biz wsr r9k x wg gif [FAQ]2440 / 5 / 18 / 2
Jow Forums
Jow Forums - Technology
Reply to Thread
Name
Anonymous
Options
Comment
Verification
File
[Index] [Catalog] [Bottom]
pmtls.png (40 KB, 412x995) google yandex iqdb wait
40 KB
Anonymous 04/21/18(Sat)13:01:11
Anonymous 04/21/18(Sat)13:18:54 No.65633163 (OP)
you are gay
Reply to Thread[Index] [Catalog] [Top] Update
[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x]
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
About • Feedback • Legal • Contact

>credit card
imagine being so poor and so retarded that you have to borrow money from jews

imagine being so poor and retarded that you can't charge less on a credit card than you can afford and instead choose to use a debit card as a means of being prevented from emptying your bank account

A debit card is just linked to your bank account? What's so bad about it?

I'm from the Netherlands btw, and no one here uses credit cards to pay, maybe only online when there's no other way to pay.

As low as possible but still actually using it.

>NFC
>Near Field Communication
>NEAR
>Is afraid it can get hacked from across the planet
Holy fuck, you might actually be the dumbest fucking person on this board.

Let them raise your limit as high as you can just pay it off at the end of the month.

nothing, it's just americans being autistic

been described elsewhere in the thread before you posted, if you're illiterate in the English language, post on a site in your native language instead

I have a pretty dank system of credit cards.
>Discover Card for the 5% cash back (changes by season)
>Also get everything I got cash back on matched for first year
>Amazon card for 3% back at Amazon, 2% on some other shit, 1% on everything
>PayPal Mastercard for 2% back on everything I can't get more than 2% from.

Attached: a14.jpg (394x458, 25K)

>Fraudulent charge on your debit card empties your account
>"Sorry Mr. user, but it might be a few weeks before we get your money back"

>Fraudulent charge on credit card
>"OK Mr. user, we've removed the fraudulent charges from your card and will be following up with the police"

>Amazon card for 3% back at Amazon, 2% on some other shit, 1% on everything
>not having the prime card to get 5% back

come on now

Attached: 2017-10-07 23.50.35.jpg (4032x3024, 1.37M)

>literally a thread on how best to consume things you have no use for
oink oink

Shill still shill
Gotta pay that bill
Please kill shill
My only will
Shill is kill
Lay with grill
Kill the shill
Shill shills still

>Carry a balance
That's the point

when my debit card number was stolen years ago i called my bank and they got it reversed no problem

get a bank that doesn't suck, idiot

if you want to make the banks happy, than yes

if you want to make yourself happy, then no- see as to why you'd use credit if you didn't carry a balance

I dunno where you're from but our debit cards all use the exact same clearing systems as credit (visa mc) unless you choose savings but you can't fraud that clearing system without physical access to card and pin so that's not the discussion we're having

I don't spend enough there to justify that.

>tfw theres been like a $3k balance on it since i got it a year ago.

i mainly use it for the gas rewards nowadays

I use contactless debit card

Fuck using it on your phone lmao

Nigger, you do know that your phone has to be unlocked first in order to use NFC? It's not like some fucker can steal shit just by walking by and brushing up against you.

>having an amex platinum
it's basically impossible to utilize the benefits to make the $450 annual fee worth it unless you spend shitloads
>b-but muh product change
maximum down is to the $95 a year Amex green otherwise you have to close the account and the benefits suck

>it's basically impossible to utilize the benefits to make the $450 annual fee worth it unless you spend shitloads
>not getting your annual fee waived

the only thing i really use this for is the free lounge access. shits cash

Treat credit like cash. TREAT CREDIT LIKE CASH If you only charge what you could pay, in cash, at that exact moment you will never ever carry a balance. It's free rewards and credit score pumping unless you can't stop yourself from wasting money you don't have on frivolties. The only exception is things with stupid increased costs for credit cards, like gas or appliances. The nig- nice people who can't control themselves, paying interest like idiots, are now paying you for having a card.
>muh opportunities
The only limits on opportunity, for all of human history, have been information and intelligence. The vast majority of anything you could ever need to know is at your fingertips, so if you find yourself feeling helpless, it's because you're stupid. People like that can't be helped.

Attached: A648AA18311F4A4B879E9599B3D6901D.jpg (1441x1600, 220K)

>Purposely borrowing money with interest to pay for goods and services despite having enough money to pay for it yourself
Diggy

you're a luckier man than I if you can convince amex of an annual fee waiver

all they'll promise for my SPG amex is to give me points in exchange for the annual fee. they won't waive the $95, they'll offer 5K points

amex got really nasty since summer of 2017, they made a separate department for product changes and retention and now they generally won't downgrade your product if you took advantage for an offer on an upgraded product

priority pass is okay if you fly to a handful of airports with that lounge, amex's own centurion lounges, or delta skyclubs, but isn't an option if you go to an American Airlines or United hub barring the above

>you're a luckier man than I if you can convince amex of an annual fee waiver
its one of the only good things about being in the military.

Lucky.

The Amex customer service has really declined in the past five years

I've currently been fighting the Amex extended warranty department for over a month on getting a simple claim resolved

I had to involve my state agency related to the matter and they're either total fucking idiots (incompetent) or malicious seeking to deny claims frivolously. now I'm with the "appeals coordinator", whatever the fuck that means

thats actually interesting. the only time ive had to call them was when somehow, yelp made some fraudulent purchases. they immediately cancelled the card and sent me out a new one.

They're okay on general stuff like fraud disputes and such but any benefits department beyond simple membership rewards (rental car coverage, extended warranty, buyer's assurance [90 day purchase protection for accidental damage/loss]), extended return policy) is a total fucking nightmare. To top it off, Amex's charge products really aren't that compelling generally.

Amex Plat isn't worth it without being able to get the lounge access consistently worth it vs. entry fees, $200 airline/uber credit, or otherwise offset/eliminated annual fee. most of the other products aren't individually worth it

I pretty much use my Amex Blue Cash everyday exclusively at grocery stores for the 3% cashback. The SPG Amex I was churning for the signup bonus and got bit by amex being stingy on product changes. They won't accommodate me to keep the card open, even for nominal spend in exchange for waiving the annual fee, so I'm stuck. As Marriott Lifetime platinum (750+ nights and 2 million+ points) there's no reason for me to have both the SPG Amex and Chase Marriott card open, especially with the SPG offering a worse benefits suite

most of my spending goes on a non-Amex card these days, a shame as the customer service around 2012-2013 was still legendary. it's slipped into a full freefall since then

I've ALWAYS only paid for things in CASH. When I have bought stuff off the internet I have used OTHER PEOPLE'S CARDS and had it shipped to a DIFFERENT ADDRESS.

Fight the system!