What does Jow Forums think of telegram...

what does Jow Forums think of telegram? it seems like the sanest option between facebook messenger and generic secure messaging service no one uses

Attached: telegram.png (454x434, 47K)

>WhatsApp
>Wire
>Signal

>Wire

This is new to me, looks cool

Signal seems to be the gold standard but lacks some of the functionality of telegram.

I would be on board with telegram is it used open whisper instead of rolling their own but considering the frustrations it's caused the Russians it seems like it's doing ok.

I'm considering it because I haven't found a better alternative for situations where someone without a smart phone needs to communicate securely from their desktop to my phone with relative convenience. Signal is almost there but requires a smartphone even on the desktop.

It's for furries, that's why I use it

Attached: IMG_20170923_041616.jpg (1280x1280, 252K)

Security is good, but it isn't a motivation for enough people to use more obscure apps just because of it. I find Telegram's apreoach much better thought of than Signal, Wire or other's because they offer security on top of plentiful features. Telegram allows messages of up to 1.5Gb; has an extremely useful self message app that serves as a simple cloud storage; allows channels for news, content creators (i have a friend who uses his telegram channel to notify his twitch followers without making his phone number public), shopping ect...; just werks, unlike riot.im or others that pester you to verify who you are contacting; and has discord's customizable emotes, but on a large enough size that you can actually see what they are. It is these kind of features that bring people over, and which are lacking in services such as wire, that is extremely barebones.

On top of that, I at least trust the group behind it, after being demanded their encryption keys by the russian gov (which prooves their encryption, even if not open source, must be somewhat good) they responded by moving over to Dubai, outside of both Russia and the US's area of influence. Pavel Durov, the guy behind the app even has a grudge on the russian gov, and has ties with Assange (who endorsed the app's encryption) and Snowden.

After having toyed with Wire (too barebones), Riot.im (too uncomfortable) and all the normie chats, I find myself going back to telegram, not only because of the privacy, but mostly because of how useful it is in comparison to the others.

Telegram is great. I trust the security and the apps run great. Plus if my data is going anywhere I'd prefer it to be in the hands of the ivans over the yanks

Wire is better desu, singal is also better since it uses non-meme encryption.

I love the stickers
O w O

>current year
>anything but xmpp
unless you love being cucked

>whatsapp
owned by facebook

>signal
>centralized
>servers in the USA
>gold standard
lmao

will you be willing to give your data to jews or russians? tough choice

botnet

Telegram refused to give data to the Russians.
That's why it's banned in Russia now.
Also banned in Iran for same reason.

>cloud-based

Attached: 1497628733935.jpg (688x456, 46K)

proof?

Read the news?
Stop living under a rock?

unironically this owo

Wire and signal are the only choices
Signal to replace sms, wire to replace facebook/whatjew

>Wire and signal are the only choices
But does it have stickers tho
If not literally unusable

>company registered in London, United Kingdom

Telegram is not safe

Signal is owned by Twitter

imagine being this retarded. It does have gifs, which it shouldn't have desu.

>telegram
botnet
>whatsapp
botnet
>wire
botnet
>signal
botnet

real men run their own jabber server and go off the record

Spoken like a true neckbeard
Fedora tip to you my friend!

>proof?
>can’t fucking google the numerous articles online
>sub forum for allegedly technical people
Only on Jow Forums

how is matrix looking?

Nowit makes sense why the russkis don’t trust them. Once again, Ivan is smarter than everyone else

>Telegram
>Home brewed encryption

No thanks. I'll use Signal with real encryption.

matrix, tox, riot and ring are better but bc .....

a jabber server with off the record on the client side would probably be the most reliable. ssl tunneled and within that tunnel symetric crypto

>their servers see the contents of all ordinary chats
>e2e secret chats don't sync and aren't in the desktop client at all
>no e2e for group chats

it's shit.

/Thread
Telegram is the best compromise between good security and comfy features