When Gnu/Linux is installed, you never want to go back

My sister raged about windows for about 7 years and a few months ago I finally got her to try Linux Mint 18 over Windows 10.

It took her but a few days to agree with me that Linux Mint is faster and more work-efficiently then Windows ever was. Her browsing speed went up, no restarts for updates, and even her steam games (those ported to Linux) had a better response time.

A few days ago, my sister called me asking if I could re-install Windows 10 for her. When I asked why, she told me she was missing her Windows only games. I told her that a dual-boot solution might be the option for her. She agreed and after freeing up some SSD space installed it for her.

When I was done, I went to the kitchen downstairs for something to drink, I suddenly heard her screaming:

"This f0cking goddang Windows! It's f0cking slow! Linux boots in a few seconds!" a few minutes later: "Why does it suddenly reboot? Updates? I just installed updates! Why does it needs to reboot everytime?!"

When I went upstairs again, I saw my sister completely being annoyed and enraged. "I just now understood how blessed I am knowing how to work with Linux" she said. "Luckily I didn't need to pay for Windows 10".

I couldn't help but smirk. "You did pay for it." I said. "When you bought your computer, a part of the price you paid, was for a Windows 10 licence."

silence

I've never seen my sister so appalled. After a few second she said: "I've paid for this piece of shit?"

I've never laughed so hard in my life.

Pic is her feet.

Attached: DSC_4146.jpg (750x1334, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vbvIn3fHZi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did you fug?

No, but two years ago we had a party here and she passed out drunk and I came in her buttcrack.

Fug her, right now.

Tonight, on things that didn't happen...

Nice larp faggot

larp faggot, nice.

You should make her install gentoo. Her appreciation for slow technology will return.

post her armpits

Windows 10 should be beat any linux distro in boot time. Even if it's only a few seconds. Windows 10 boots pretty fast. Faster than my arch install.

This is literally a copy and paste from reddit

Wrong. In most cases Linux on a 7200rpm drive is faster than windows on a ssd

Another windowz lie, go away fanboy.

found the dude who has never used windows or thinks that never disabling starting stuff on startup is a good idea

Things that never happened.
But nice footy.

Did she suck your dick later while praising you for your linux shilling and telling you how you were right all along?

Attached: 1502067088361.jpg (122x125, 2K)

>faster than my Arch install
Yeah fucking right.

>foot.jpg
damn op now i got hungry

Relax, you autists. I hate windows, linux is my daily driver. It feels foreign to me now. I only use it to play vidya. Unless you use win 10, you don't know what you're talking. Win 10 just boots faster, deal with it. Holy shit Jow Forums is full of tech illiterate people.

And then you woke up, and you realized, that not only you will never have a /v/ Jow Forums imouto sister girlfriend, but also that linux’s literal only use is ricing, browsing Jow Forums, and booting fast. And at last, you will find out how easy it is to make any Windows 10 distro exactly like that distro of linux you so much loved, how disabling updates and telemetry is so easy a literal ten year old brainlet can do it, and you will crawl right back to us.

i had the same experience, though it took a bit more than a few days
though i didn't have someone guiding me, and this was in 2004
windows seems fine when it's all you know, but getting into linux ruins that perception

this is the case for me
i have an old 64GB ssd which i have only windows 10 and solidworks on, clean install, it takes longer to get to the desktop than my main linux install with lots of things starting on boot (media server, torrent daemon, etc) and even typing an encryption passphrase, and it's on an early 500GB sata hdd (old enough to have molex as an optional power input)

software developer here to disagree. die in a fire faggot. also some of us dont rice. you can't remove all of your telemetry. go low effort bait post elsewhere.

-- and before you say there's something wrong with the ssd, i did originally have the same linux install on the ssd, but i switched them around out of frustration with how unresponsive windows was
linux booted faster on the ssd than it does now, as you'd expect. there's nothing wrong with the ssd. sure, it's not the fastest thing you can get by a long shot, but it almost doesn't make sense that windows can still be less responsive than my linux install which is on a hdd

Use Solus if you are into boot times. W10 usually hibernate, but rebooting expose its slowness.
youtube.com/watch?v=vbvIn3fHZi0

Attached: linus2.gif (356x280, 72K)

>Steve footjobs here, you are wrong. Kill yourself.