Buys a K Intel processor

>Buys a K Intel processor
>Doesn't overclock

Anyone else do this? I don't like noise. Why would anyone want to overclock and have a warm hot noisy cpu for little to no gain.

Attached: hmm.png (500x500, 10K)

you are not supposed to OC intel cpus user.

>Have FX 8350
>sometimes under clock it to 3.2GHz and 1.2v
I just restart my system with my 4.4GHz profile if I'm playing games, which is rare or when I'm rendering video, doesn't take much to shitpost and it runs icy chill.

>warm hot noisy CPU
wow if only there was something you could buy to deal with this but I guess it's impossible to keep your CPU cool

Why would you by a K processor if you don't want to overclock? Just buy the non-K ones.

I buy the K ones because higher clock rates.

>Why would anyone want to overclock and have a warm hot noisy cpu for little to no gain.

To maximize the performance of their system perhaps? Plus at 5ghz+ you do notice improvements in things. It's nice to blast those photoshop filters right in their turdcutters with all you got. Time is money.

Attached: kelseylewin5.jpg (720x895, 55K)

you are not supposed to overclock CPUs

Overclocking a computer is something that only a computer enthusiast will undertake, especially because the process is a complicated one. Such people are well aware of the disadvantages and they are well prepared for the same as well, but in their opinion, the benefits of doing so are totally worth the risk that they are taking.

>turn on pc
>push delete
>go to OC Profile
>select 5GHZ 7700k
>f10, save
done

>PC melts because you didn't delid

Fair call, my old 7700 didnt need deliding to do AUTO 4.8ghz it did for 5ghz though

>100mhz difference at most
>0mhz difference with all core boost
>I buy the K ones because higher clock rates.

Attached: Screenshot_20180422-110612_Brave.jpg (1080x338, 174K)

>warm hot noisy cpu
but user a cpu don't produce any sound

>buy a K processor
>don't overclock
>disable turbo
I just don't like the noise and it runs equally as fsat

Attached: 2018-04-16-110803_416x413_scrot.png (416x413, 248K)

Can you overclock non k cpus at all? I thought Ks just had a higher multiplier. Also, why does intel charge more for K cpus if they're literally the exact same chip as the non k, except they have a switch flipped allowing overclocking?

>Can you overclock non k cpus at all?
you can do bclk overclock on some boards I believe, but it's not worth it.
Also coffee lake boosts pretty high. You wouldn't overclock higher without serious cooling anyway.
>why does intel charge more
because they can and you would too.
also they are possibly binned for higher clocks. There's no way to prove non-k chips can go above 4,6.

>buy amd
>can overclock any cpu I buy
>don't have to deal with bullshit restrictions

I'm too lazy to throw away the stock cooler so I buy K

>buy ryzen X chip
>overclocking is limited to 100 mhz
>don't have to deal with bullshit restrictions

A 1700 will easily overclcok from 3GHz to 4, fucking idiot

>when your cpu starts to make noise

>buys Intel
>In 2018

wow, it overclocks to its own boost clock
wow, filthy locked 8700 boosts higher than that on all cores.

Only a retard who bought a shit cooler has problems with noise or heat when overclocking their CPU. They don't use that much power. Well, unless you bought a Skylake-X chip, but that'd just confirm your mental deficiency.

yeah once you delid and have custom water cooling for the motherboard VRMs.

you don't need to do that for 4.3

I did this because it was a good deal used

I underclock my CPU and set my fan to the lowest setting.

This, it's antisemitic.

Is overclocking really that simple these days? I haven't had a desktop in years because I don't need the power right now. I was considering sinking some money into an enthusiast level build for the fun of it, but that seems not as fun as manually adjusting the voltages/multipliers, then testing for stability

I'm pretty sure you still have to mess with the voltages and such. I haven't overclocked since the 2500k though so it may have changed.

This whole thread is bad trolling.

depends on your goals and chip. if you want 4ghz on Ryzen 2s it's literally setting multiplier to x40 and rebooting.
But then again overclocking ryzen 2 is pointless, it will probably boost higher on it's own.

loudly keked

Attached: Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Meme-06.jpg (640x360, 68K)