ArcheryOS

Hey Jow Forums,
I just finished building my own distro, called ArcheryOS. Its an arch based distro with a curses installer, some preinstalled programs such as i3, ranger, polybar, and firefox. It has a pentesting focus, but only has about 30 tools preinstalled, as not to provide hundreds of similar tools, that are ultimately useless. Firefox has some about:config tweaks built in, and some privacy addons preinstalled. There is also offline Documentation, written in latex, containing the pentesting tools installed, and the i3 keybinds.

Pic related is how it looks out of the box.

Heres the download link, if you are interested:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d270eb90197abe5762e0a544dd04c4f5f65affb6&dn=ArcheryOS-2018.04.22-x86%5F64.iso&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.tfile.me%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.com%3A2710%2Fannounce

Attached: Neofetch.png (1920x1080, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/H0ll0wp0int/ArcheryOS-build-files
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archiso
mega.nz/#!ii5E3CRZ
mega.nz/#!XnRxDB5T!Eq13Owad6XmDTAi_jozA1zwiWxB5GQriochO-SmXf9U
smarden.org/runit/
github.com/TidOS/TidOS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Source?

install gentoo

The source is in the OP. I dont have a place to host it from, so torrent was the best option.

Nah, ArcheryOS is better.

Looks cool user

Do you know if it goes okay as a VM? I'd like to try it out a bit before installing it.

>Heres the download link, if you are interested:
How the hell are we supposed to get this if nobody seeds it initially?

I have tested it in virtualbox, but not vmware. It works ok in virtualbox, and i would assume thats also the case with vmware.
There is two issue though, when you first boot into it in virtualbox, the screensize stays small, however logging out and back in again solves the issue (Mod+s then e).
The other issue is that ranger image previews dont work, but thats not a big thing.

Im seeding it now, If you have a better idea on where i can host it though, im all ears.

>Ican'tInstallArchOS

mega

I don't dev, but can't you put this stuff on SourceForge or GitHub?

nice botnet

Attached: 1512047745019.jpg (645x729, 64K)

This. Put it on GitHub, OP.

Its arch based, it has to be built on an arch system. Of course i can install arch.

I will upload it to mega or sourceforge now. Its way to big for github

You are welcome to audit it

I have the build files on github

I mean the source code.

The source code is already up

I am uploading the iso to Mega now

hurry up

Is there a CIA niggers backdoor on it?
Looks great.

So given that it's based on Arch, that means I can grab a different DE from yaourt right? Or is it somehow tied to using i3?

>Of course i can install arch.
yep so thanks for making another distribution based on arch where you don't have to install arch.
not enough of those

It shouldnt be that much longer

No CIA nigger backdoors, im afraid.
Thanks

Yeah, its fully compatable with other WM/DE's, like all other linux distros.

No problem, im glad you can finally install arch

Nice job OP. I've always wanted to create a normie friendly version of OpenSUSE. I need some inspiration.

Issues?

Attached: Capture.png (960x1080, 35K)

Ill try changing the tracker, any suggestions on which to use?

Thanks. I think the best route to do that would be LFS, but ive heard that doesnt work very well with package managers. Please update Jow Forums if you found a way to get it working.

I thought about making my own Linux distro just as an experiment, not really to put it out in the wild. How did you build your own Arch distro?

I used a tool called archiso. Its in the arch linux community repo.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archiso
Its a script that builds an iso from a list of programs, and uses any files contained in the root build dir (airootfs).

>another useless distro for people who didn't want to spend 10m installing applications

and hours getting the configs to be practical and comfy.

So... where's the mega link?

pretty sure OP is gone. Like everyone else.

How to make arch even more bloated

would probably be worth a try if it didn't have systemd

looks nice.

still downloading and soon to be seeding for anyone else that wants to join via magnet link

Did you edit the config file for Ranger?

The mega link is up
mega.nz/#!ii5E3CRZ
Sorry it took so long, my upload speeds are cancerous because i live in Australia.

I only enabled Image previews, but other than that it is stock configs.

fuck wrong link
mega.nz/#!XnRxDB5T!Eq13Owad6XmDTAi_jozA1zwiWxB5GQriochO-SmXf9U
Ok, here it is

>because i live in Australia

Not an excuse. I still get 6 MB/s up and I'm in Geelong.

Yeah, you're right, i need to switch ISP

can i play games on it? if not its useless

I know they can sometimes cop a lot, but iiNet are surprisingly good desu

You can play 0ad and run emulators. I played through twilight princess again a few months back.

...Im with iiNet. Maybe its because im in Adelaide.

Attached: 0ad.png (1280x720, 1.68M)

A simple flowscheme for you
But do you use systemd? If yes rework that shit, if no proceed

That's what you get for living in sadelaide instead of melbest

It does run systemd. I could maybe remake it with runit?

adelaide
adelaid
adelai
adela
adel
ade
ad
a
a
g a
ng a
ing a
ring a
oring a
boring a
boring as
boring as f
boring as fu
boring as fuc
boring as fuck

> 1.71 GB
Holy fuck that's a large file for a minimal os. How many programs are preinstalled?

Also an Aussie here. I'm with MyRepublic here on the Gold Coast, and although setup was a pain, I haven't had a problem since.
I get anywhere from 80-95 Mbps download and 30-45 Mbps upload for a cool $60/month unlimited data, because I joined when they where still new, and nobody trusted them. Now they charge $85 a month for the same service. Only issue is I can't get a static IP now without upgrading to the gaymer plan.

>polybar
i use conky, should I be using this?

Yeah, it is pretty large. I think it may be because it contains exploitdb. I might remake it without that and see how it goes. Maybe cut out all the pentesting tools entirely.

I was pretty torn on which to use, polybar or conkystatus. I think polybar does look a bit nicer.

>arch based
Into the trash is goes!

First cut systemd if you can, you'll probably save more space that way, and improve performance in the process.

Im looking into replacing it with runit now, but I havent found any good tutorials online

All the info is on the homepage: smarden.org/runit/

Thanks user

gentoo
e
n
t
o
o

we already have cloverOS get out

CloverOS is autistic as fuck.
Also, i didnt build this for Jow Forums, i built it for me and decided to share it.
You get out

>somebody on Jow Forums actually making something

nah

Nice dubs.
Never made anything cool user? Must be a sad life.

i make a lot of cool shit i just don't post it here, i work for the us gov't

Fair enough.

At least make an option with a different init so we autists will be happy

>nothing new
>standard arch-based shit

How would you suggest i make it better?
Yes, its arch based. I like pacman and yaourt, it makes installing stuff really easy.
Why dont you make a better distro?

Why you gotta be that way?

Hey op, looks pretty cool! Ignore the autists who are complaining about you providing them a program free of charge, if they don't have constructive criticism then they can fuck off.

Attached: C79ECC4F4B484587B68B285D481E2B6E_0.png (480x483, 156K)

Thanks dude, i appreciate that.
I just want a bit more actual feedback on it. Some actual constructive criticism would be good, so i know what to change.
I guess some anons really want a systemdless arch distro, so that gives me one thing to improve i guess.
Thanks user.

Very cool OP!
I'll download an iso and try it out next time I need to install an os on anything.

Thanks user.
I hope you like it.
My github is in the documentation on the iso, if you have any feedback, i would appreciate an email about anything you liked or disliked about the disto.

We already have lo/g/os, get out.

Don't waste your time trying to implement a different init unless you really, really want to.

May as well learn about different init systems. If its a real pain in the ass to install, then i wont, but if its not super difficult ill have a go.

I would like to see your OS, my dude man

For me personally systemd is a plus (unit files, easier to manage services, faster boot times, etc.). I think the only people who are against it are incrediby paranoid.

Im the same dude, i wouldnt bother using anything else other than systemd.
>faster boot times
not really, systemd can be pretty slow on boot. However it is a whole lot easier to use an develop for.

The paranoid people should just do an audit. However, it is a single point of faliure, which is never good. But as i said, i may as well learn about it, and release a runit/openrc version, as well as a systemd version, as long as the systemdless version is not too hard to keep up do date.

Solid thread OP, I'll give it a taste when I get home tomorrow.

Im keen to hear your feedback user. I hope you like it.

Are the viruses, spyware and malware that come preinstalled with your distribution proprietary or open source? Thanks.

All the viruses an malware is open source, thanks for asking. You can find the link to the source code on my github.
No, there is no viruses or malware my dude.

>systemd
dropped

I will try it just for the sake of installing lesser know distros. By the way OP, what do you do for a living? Do you work in something related to security or did you add pentesting tools just because you want to pretend to be a 1337 haxor?
Speaking of lo/g/os, what happened to it? Is there still a link to download it?

I'm not into Arch but that desktop looks comfortable. Good job, OP.

gib x86

OP, you can put the whole thing on Github. In the repository, see that 'Releases' link at the top? Try clicking it.

Oh look, yet another superfluous Arch-based distro. Into the bin it goes, right along with manjaro, anarchy and antergos.

Hi OP ! I saw you talking about it on some other board, I think it was /wg/ ? I'll give it a try, thanks for shitposting on this hellhole

Impossible. Nobody on Jow Forums can actually make a distro. Nobody on Jow Forums can make anything.

You must be the CIA.

Don't forget TidOS
github.com/TidOS/TidOS

Not true. I made a distro once. Granted, it's a very loose definition of distro since it was really a Linux from Scratch build with a handful of pre-installed software, but no package manager as it was meant to be for people that want to manage everything themselves and only had the bare minimum of tools installed (bash, gcc, automake, basic networking, w3m-img)

get rid of pulseaudio and systemd then people will use it

Oh hey! You again! Using the wallpaper from the thread in /wg/?

>No CIA nigger backdoors, im afraid.

What is SystemD?

Backdoored for years, so many years that during that period they've probably dug out fully fledged underground tunnels and docking ports which have yet to be disclosed LOL

Attached: 1524153565462.png (558x614, 24K)

this is some next level faggotry

OP here

Do an audit then, I would like to see someone point out where the backdoor actually is. However, I am going to work on a runit/openrc version today. Im not sure which yet.

Getting rid of pulseaudio should be pretty easy.

Thanks for the kind words, user.

Im actually the NSA.

Yeah, I posted a bit on /wg/. It needed a good wallpaper that actually had the logo on it, and im terrible with photoshop/gimp.

Thanks user, i will try that now.

Thanks user

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work de-systemding arch tbqh but best of luck. If I could point out any backdoors I'd be a rich man but you know this. You also know that you should not trust such a broad package rife with feature creep and it's general nonunix type approach after it was revealed to be pwned for literally years.

Nice try FBI

It probably will be quite a bit of work, but im sure its managable.
Yeah, i understand the issues with it. But then again, if RMS isnt paranoid of it, then i dont think im going to be either. I do want a better understanding of init systems though, so it might be fun.

I already said im the NSA.

Tracker: [Failure reason \"ERR\"]. Fix your shit OP. I can leave it on my server seeding for months.

Attached: 00002rr.jpg (550x309, 30K)