Tfw you realize we live in a Cyberpunk society only without the aesthetics

>Tfw you realize we live in a Cyberpunk society only without the aesthetics

Attached: image.jpg (631x595, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.acolyer.org/2018/04/17/securing-wireless-neurostimulators/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

become a cypherpunk

We're not nearly as dystopic yet

Attached: 1522107581923.jpg (249x225, 14K)

dont worry user, it gets better

Attached: 1507166372410.png (1092x1037, 65K)

barely a hint of any underground resistance either

We'll get there. When technology stagnates we'll concentrate more on aesthetics.

But we have the aesthetics already for the most part.

Attached: nyc.jpg (1920x1080, 710K)

Get a motorcycle, user.

then they will start fixing all those buggy and ugly desktops in loonix?

Either they are being censored by the media or they’re gonna be shitty “Hack the planet” SJWs

move to singapore or shenzhen

>tfw live in a third world shithole
>don't know or appreciate what cyberpunk is

why arent street gangs not utilizing drones? attach a gun or bomb and take it into rival territory. it seems societal innovation isnt catching up with the tech

We were supposed to be the resistance.

>implying gangs are run or filled with tech smart or innovative people instead of bottom of society that wasn't smart enough nor raised properly to even think about it
It ain't videogames, there's no romanticised, smart rebels in gangs, this kind of people are working in big companies depressed by the fact

Isn't being neet and jerking off to dick girls enough of a ressistance? :^)

Why bother? Guy in a car is less suspicious and works just as well

Explain.

Not yet, give it a decade or 2

no, it gets worse actually

Attached: 1493015019528.gif (750x750, 1.87M)

neon tokyo has got to be in the top5 aesthetics as far as backgrounds go. though it seems like it used to look better in the 80s, early 90s tops. somehow currently it seems to have a different feel to it

Cyberpunk aesthetics will not be a thing.

By 2050 we'll have computers that are roughly as powerful as the human brain (not self aware, but capable of doing pretty much any task a human could do, only better) but we'll be living in our outdated cities. We'll also be right in the middle of the "end of work" crisis where the number of unemployed explodes over 50% and everyone is fucking poor. The governments will probably still be in denial about universal basic income at that point and it's possible that they might start huge public works projects to delay the onset of UBI and update cities to be more modern and tech-friendly; but even if they did, it would be that fucking awful looking modern style and not cyberpunk.

Sucks for me, I'm a 30 year old unemployed wizard; even if I go learn some shit and get a job now, I'll be replaced by a machine within the next 20 years, or hordes of newly unemployed will fight me for the work. Your burger flipping days are numbered too. Probably 5 more years til all the fast food places are automated. A few have already started testing it out.

>UBI shilling
>>>/reddit/

I heard that some cartels were using uavs and unmanned aquatic vehicles to smuggle drugs into the US

>We call ourselves the alt-right

Attached: 22.png (500x913, 270K)

>Detroit is more likely to be destroyed rather than building the first cyborg police officer

Attached: ..[799]581445741009684.gif (375x212, 1021K)

>I should get paid just for existing
Never going to happen.

>your country will never have cheap pod hotels for people stuck on the Universal Basic Income because most jobs have been phased out

Attached: crying-cat-3.jpg (436x413, 38K)

I don't need to shill for something inevitable. I just need to survive long enough to see it implemented, which could be rough.

When the economy starts the collapse because nobody has any money to pay for things, the rich will be the first to demand it. I don't even have to lift a finger.

>tfw no comfy military dictatorship to tell me how to live every waking second of my life

Attached: (JPEG Image, 267 × 181 pixels).jpg (267x181, 8K)

>When the economy starts the collapse because nobody has any money to pay for things, the rich will be the first to demand it. I don't even have to lift a finger.
Not going to happen unless machines are doing literally all the work. At that point, humanity stagnates then falls into true decay.

High level organized criminals are smart and generally pursue all kinds of technological innovations, of course they're not some "cool rebels" though, just people making money in illegal ways. Not talking about street gangs, btw

This thread is basically asking for a worse state of affairs. Trust me I also wanna be that action hero nigga with a tec 9 and a laptop that can hack shit but I also want my family and the people around me to live comfortable lives.

Just go to china or japan. Full distopia try north korea.

Not really, even if the true unemployed numbers only hit 25% it will be a major issue; if it hits 50%, then society will be in deep shit. That's a massive hit to purchasing power, which will cause a depression that won't recover until people can afford things again. And those jobs simply aren't coming back, so how can they start affording things again? Where are we going to magically conjure up new jobs from? The politicians who say new jobs will be created are just blowing smoke out their ass.

Attached: 1508829574273.jpg (1920x1080, 1.77M)

Just thin out the herd, start a major war.

You reckon?

not really though

>Where are we going to magically conjure up new jobs from?
If there's a war there's always a need for soldiers ;)

The deterrent of nukes mean that anyone who has them won't be directly attacked. The only wars we'll be fighting are proxy wars in other nations, and that'll mostly be by competing over whose drones can blow up more dirt huts than the other side.

Besides, most civilized countries would erupt into full scale riots if a draft were announced, you really think spoiled millenials will take that lying down? Even the old folks will crawl out of their caves and start raving about the mistakes of the Vietnam war.

Until I start making bootleg augmentations this is not cyberpunk.

Attached: DX_terry.png (600x745, 620K)

>it's peace right now so that means we will never have war again

Attached: Capture.png (491x560, 50K)

>>I don't need to shill for something inevitable.
it's hardly inevitable. people with the attitude of pic related are very common.

Attached: even if the second option costs less.jpg (651x389, 39K)

These thoughts keep me on the edge of an heroing but then I remember that I won't be around for the happening threads and massive chimpouts.

Don't they realize that under the current system they're paying for the jews to stay home all day and play xbox and sleep?

>singapore
dont know that in detail
>shenzhen
enjoy wearing gas masks everyday

Machines fight wars far more efficiently than men. It's the same issue as ordinary jobs. Starting wars isn't going to magic up any jobs and war isn't going to be the same as it was in the past.

There are always going to be vocal morons willing to spew retarded opinions on any issue imaginable. They'll keep spewing bullshit until problems actually affect them. It's the same shit as people whining about Obamacare. You don't want to pay more taxes to ensure the country has adequate healthcare? Well fuck you too.

not enough resistance because of all the lube

do ameritards really have to use lube because they're cut? sounds bothersome

old school /b/tards are the resistance

Attached: main.jpg (780x200, 40K)

>lube for jerking off
The absolute state[spoiler]s[/spoiler] of americunts

Attached: 1433976915247.png (398x582, 340K)

>It's the same shit as people whining about Obamacare. You don't want to pay more taxes to ensure the country has adequate healthcare? Well fuck you too.
Well if those whining people are a majority, you can spurn them all you want, they'll get their way and keep their money in their pockets. There's also a lot of people who would come out ahead under a UBI system in purely financial terms, but who still wouldn't want it and would fight against it for reasons of morals and pride. There's a long streak of puritanical work-ethic religion in America, and plenty of people whose individual pride and self-worth is centered around supporting themselves, even if the standard of living at which they can support themselves is much lower than the standard of living they might have if they took handouts.

>2018
>buy a hoverboard
>it has wheels
Thanks, Obama.

>Lube for jerking off
Whats next, instead of eating/letting your cummies dry you will use a toilet paper or something?

That's because they're underground, idiot.

I think you can find the aesthetics in a few major cities. Other than that, they're pretty under the radar, such as traffic cameras, satelite cameras, drones (they're not common yet because they're expensive), robots (also not as common), and self-driving cars which is still in its early stages of killing people.

Attached: 1516162284976.jpg (648x1024, 72K)

>eating your cummies
I'm a degenerate and I genuinely like to do this

Attached: 1521320861872.png (532x524, 169K)

we live in a Jow Forumsboringdystopia tm desu

renaissance when?

VIVA LA RESISTANCE
*gulp* mkhhhhhh *licks*
ahaha

>Tfw deep inside our hearts we are all just like Lain

Attached: JPEG_20180108_225626.jpg (480x480, 33K)

I dont see any super megacity with 3 levels

Unspecified here because on one side i would like to be a Chad Nationalist but on another I would love to be a trap and I eat my cummies everytime

Same tee bee h

>unspecified
>I eat cum
Why lie to yourself

the reality is that, one, we are already in a dystopia, two, most of you all support it and live off of its teat, and three, you hate and possibly even fight against the only groups out there who are against it

this, of course, was always going to be what happened, irrespective of who or what form any of this took. Just letting you know the techno-dystopia is here and you like it

So, what do we do?

Anyone got any projects they're working on?

Attached: ercombepixyz.jpg (1920x1274, 873K)

B-But...

This is you

Attached: 1479781023395.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

port plan9 to modern hardware

delet this

B-but white race!

tfw OP is retarded
tfw the majority of Jow Forums is retarded
tfw you can't gas them

Then you'll have to restrict births. All those maury babies and govt benefits would have to be banned

Gas mask required sound cyberpunk-ish. Maybe that's what OP needs? Copious amounts of toxic air.

Attached: 1515846696885.jpg (635x636, 80K)

The only time I've heard of drones being used, is to find weed grow houses. They'll use a thermal camera, find the place, bust in an take the product.

It still lacks aesthetics

Attached: 1516291863930.jpg (288x499, 77K)

Too busy taking cock to care

Attached: foreign_reaction_image___import_taxes_paid.png (432x395, 166K)

>no industrialization and hyper urbanization
no we live in an agrarian techno feudalistic society that is some sort of disgusting perversion of Jefferson's vision that trades and grows people and their tax revenue instead of food, focusing mostly on food production and needless unsustainable population inflation all until the tax economy busts and we go the way of Rome

Reminder that we live in a world where people's brain can actually be hacked: blog.acolyer.org/2018/04/17/securing-wireless-neurostimulators/

I've been in some European hostels that had curtains surrounding the bottom-bunk, this in combo with earplugs worked out great. (though the Scottish one blocked Jow Forums on wifi)

Attached: accelerationism.png (511x767, 907K)

Someones gotta fix the robots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>wanting to be this edgy

grow up you filthy manchild

So... should I go for being a trap?

Depends where you live. Here drones are used to smuggle cigarettes across the border.

What if the robots are programmed to fix themselves?

That's the question you can only ask yourself...but I think we both already know the answer

Attached: IMG_7582.png (518x656, 297K)

>We call ourselves antifa

Attached: 1487823326271.gif (193x200, 2.2M)

>tfw living in Tokyo and own a VR setup
Living the dream, all I need now is some robot legs.

>triggered by a frog

Attached: sadfrogPopcorn.gif (500x500, 2.51M)

???
I just posted John Cena laughing, maybe you can't see him

I.. I can't answer it, because Jow Forums told me to be a chad nationalist ;_;

Attached: serveimage.png (500x414, 131K)

this is just the recieving room
I heard that if you commit suicide you'll enter the matrix or sum shit

>if you commit suicide you'll enter the matrix or sum shit
yeah in the jail for plebs, life is a surf map and typing kill in console doesn't get you to the end

But putting my peepee in wifey gf is very nice, I thank Jow Forums for the dinner making pussy I have in my home, thank