Xiaomi

Why isn't your phone liquid cooled Jow Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20180422-154705.png (1080x1920, 481K)

I remember the lumia 950 XL supposedly being liquid cooled as well but it turned out to be not true

Is this a phone for gamers?

mine is waterproof
i can just hold it under the sink if i need liquid cooling

Well it's not human beings that's for sure

Attached: Bate6.jpg (442x493, 48K)

> paying extra for a useless feature
L

OMG clear those notifications

Most flagship phones are watercooled faggot. Just look at Xperia Z5

How the hell can a liquid cooled phone be this thin?

Attached: xiaomi_black_shark_2.jpg (944x597, 35K)

It is "liquid cooled" in the sense that it is cooled by a liquid in a heatpipe evaporating and carrying the heat away. By the same definition, you could say that anything using heatpipes is liquid cooled.

No, that's wrong. The liquid in question isn't water.

Pic related: Same type of "liquid cooling" technology as what you see in phones, including the most recent Xiaomeme Black Shark.

Attached: 9f25b796960a9c92c3a56cdcc64066d9654ed324cefd9ade6a8d9ff9a1c64723.jpg (800x600, 120K)

So it's just thermal paste

It's a heatpipe, you dip.

>not generating energy from the heat as old pacemakers did

Extra slim liquids.

The facehugger of mobos

What happens after the liquid evaporated?

>It is "liquid cooled" in the sense that it is cooled by a liquid in a heatpipe evaporating and carrying the heat away. By the same definition, you could say that anything using heatpipes is liquid cooled.
Technically, yes.
Even water cooled systems use the same basic process relying on air cooling to take head from the liquid before it returns to the cycle.
The only difference is that the liquid in the heatpipes becomes a gas.

It cools down as it transfers heat into the surrounding area and turns back into liquid to be pushed back to the source of the heat by liquid evaporating. It's an endless cycle of liquid turning into a gas to turn back into liquid.

This is true. And it's this technically correct definition that lets phone manufacturers use "muh liquid cooling" as a major selling point. Normies (see: the absolute state of Jow Forums having no clue what a goddamn heatpipe is) assume it's a water cooled system with a pump and radiator pushing water around, when in fact it is not.

Fuck off britcuck/chinkfag

hehehe Anal D

Same

>put tiny heatpipe
>call it liquid cooling

>paying extra
It's cheaper than S9+ yet better. You're paying less for what seems to be the best smartphone on the market right now.

Even Ana thinks it's silly.

heatpipes aren't technology, ban all non-linux discussion from Jow Forums desu

waiting for pajeet os.

>leaks in your pocket

Tacky

Because I'm poor

looks like the cooling is detachable to me

>night light
>15:47
user...

>Facebook
>Facebook messenger
>Spotify
>2700K filter at 4pm
kill yourself

>liquid cooled phone

This is some retarded ass shit and will probably be the first thing to break and brick your phone in a year or two.

why is the screen colour so fucked in that screenshot? why do you have so many notifications? You know you can clear all of them without going through them individually, right?

Maybe you wouldn't need to push your phone to it's limits if you were frugal about using it. I bet you're the type of person who keeps 40 tabs open on firefox.

So the copper heatpipes in my cooler have corroded a bit. Do I have to worry about the pipes leaking one day?

All phones have that feature now because of legislation brought in in 2015 in the EU. It's nothing to brag about.

If we disregard the benefits from the versatility of pvc pipes, would a purely vapor chamber cooling setup work better than a traditional water cooling system? Or would the flow of water dissipate heat faster than heat pipes

Fairly sure water can dissipate more heat.
But you 're always bottle necked by the radiator/fins

There is no such thing as "water cooled"
All the water does is transfer the heat to be air cooled somewhere else.

>bottlenecked by the rad/fins
If that's the case, wouldn't air cooled setups be as efficient as water cooled ones?
And yeah I agree, water cooling is a dumb term to describe it

>wouldn't air cooled setups be as efficient as water cooled ones?

Yes...and they are.

Only way "water cooled" is better is when you have a radiator that's at least 2 or 3 fans wide.

What shit are you chatting

it's dark in his basement