I bet 99...

I bet 99.9% of Jow Forums can't explain the steps between the point when you click a shutdown button (a non-physical thing) and actual physical event that happens to cut off electricity and power off the computer.

Attached: 1446491311416.png (462x402, 5K)

systemd happens

>I bet 99.9%
Go boost your ego somewhere else.

Why do I need to worry about all that nerd shit when I can just pull the power out from the wall LMAO

who cares

triggered brainlets
is that way

A short signal is send to the PSU, which is an SMPS controlled by a MCU/ASIC. Which then stop sending pulses through its transformer, which stop power getting through to the output.

And? Everyone knows that Jow Forums is full degenerate consumerist faggots that are worse than the average macfag.

:(

I think the core thing is to explain how does virtual signal becomes actual physical "movement".

what are logic gates

Everything in your computer is controlled with a board, which interprets the virtual signal to create a hardware event.

orly

You don't seem to understand it yourself.
If you can't even ask a questions, that isn't vague as fuck.

Everything is physical, Descartes.

memes are not

Why so much push? I used avrs and pics for 2 years and I only used push and pop a few times.

function stack?

steps in this section are truly mystery to me

> I'm soon done with my first year in CE and now feel superior to others the post

memes are electrons

Just shoot me now. How underage do you have to be to not know what a relay is?

Attached: 1497913685761.jpg (728x635, 45K)

You did embedded programming but have no idea why someone would use the stack so often?

Electrons aren't physical things

I don't know the exact shutdown process for any given operating system, but I do know how to talk to women.

Pros and cons, my autist dude.