Why is Manjaro becoming so popular nowadays?

Why is Manjaro becoming so popular nowadays?

Attached: manjaro_linux_wallpaper__windows_10_inspired__by_nextsource-d9jurrg.jpg (1191x670, 48K)

Because its Gnulinux owo desktop thread

Because the majority of distro watch users just aim for a pretty UI that has been tweaked for the project. Barely has anything to do with the underlying structure of the distribution, just superficial garbage, like Jow Forums loves it

I installed Manjaro on my ThinkPad and fucking hated it.

>Closing the laptop lid caused some retarded screen issue, managed to fix it
>Installed the most recent (((proprietary))) GPU driver, somehow installing catalyst fucked Whisker menu, and it lost my config
>Graphics performance somehow managed to be worse
>Uninstall and reinstall free drivers
>Things seemed ok
>Few days later random crash while Pacman -Syu
>Have to hard reset as nothing is doing anything
>Whoops looks like it somehow managed to corrupt lightDM and I have a cli only system now
>Use LiveUSB to recover light DM, recovery and repair seems to go well reboot
>Whoops looks like grub is now fucked and how have no OS on your system

And that's when I reinstalled Xubuntu.

Fuck Manjaro. If you're going to make a "just wurks" distro, make it actually work

Because its on the top of the Distrowatch list and it gets more views because its there so people also click on it because "why is it there?". i++ is one helluva thing.

TrueOS unironically have an advert on distrowatch.

trueos is garbage. looks like a fucking fisherprice toy and is slow as fuck.

worst fucking os i used in year

Archfags are backpedalling on Arch

Because it is based on the l33t hacker ach linux but not too complicated to use.

Also pacman

GenZ is too retarded to be able to install arch

Installing Arch is about as hard as operating a cash register, it's just a fucking tedious process that nobody with an actual life wants to sit and go through.
Stop thinking that you're smart for using Arch.

exactly, and they still cant do it

this

Nine Inch Nails fans

>checked for Jared Leto

Arch is a pretty good distro for beginning linux users to learn more about linux, I remember how much it helped me.

>people store digital photos cause they're too retarded for autochrome
the retard here is you

This.

can't != don't want to waste time

Plebs are too scared of an installation that takes an hour at absolute worst but still want to feel cool for using an arch based distro.

Because it doesn't look retarded

They don't already know superior alternatives such as OpenSUSE exist.

It sounds great in theory desu. It has almost cutting edge, but still has a bit of a buffer so you would expect it to be more stable/not-quite-bleeding-edge. I've never bothered with an actual install of it but I hear in practice it sucks and the devs don't do a good job. Also has shit loads of bloat so I rock that debian sid life

Because its Arch that just works and some extra stuff.
Using it with KDE right now on both my Desktop and Laptop

Attached: 151296188296.png (375x534, 224K)

> I'm too retarded to install, this shit is garbage hurrdurr

Attached: cff.png (625x626, 66K)

>And that's when I reinstalled Xubuntu
Opinion discarded

because the cool kids want to be elite hackers and manjaro sound weird enought to impress idiots

whats wrong with xubuntu tho

This
Why Arch doesn't provide a simple graphical installer like for example Void does is beyond me.

Attached: 1518332057809.jpg (520x520, 100K)

It's a fucking INSTALLATION. You're not supposed to do it every week.

Because some things, like setting up wifi, still require you to use the CLI in Void too, so you don't really have many advantages in the end.
Don't get me started on Debian, yes, DEBIAN, which again required me to log in the tty multiple times during installation because it was bitching about missing firmware. Yes, I was using the nonfree ISO.
Arch's installation is unironically the one that has given me the least problems. I don't feel "smarter than you" for preferring it, on the other hand, I prefer it exactly because I found it to be actually less cumbersome than other methods.

Linux in a nutshell

Attached: 1497875513471.jpg (600x557, 39K)

Too much effort required for the devs.

It only holds value if you intend to use it commercially, say, as a professional administrator, or if it's a hobby that you enjoy. Most computer users don't fall into any of these categories, and just wanna listen to music, use social media or whatever.
You probably have as little of a clue about carpentering as the carpenter has about Linux, and that's fine. Having fast and convenient ways of getting things done in life is what allows us to specialize in what we are interested in.

>not being a polygot

because arch is fucking annoying to install

I like Arch, but im really lazy so i use Manjaro because it mainly gives me access to use aur packages.

If i cared about minimalism, i would probably go for Arch, but i like my current setup, Manjaro KDE when docked, when out i use i3 session

>If you're going to make a "just wurks" distro, make it actually work

This. Furthermore, you can't have a "just wurks" distro based off Arch, it's like using the street as your toilet

Attached: ersmern gerd.png large.png (1200x752, 143K)