/spg/ - Smartphone General - Xiaomi Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE XIAOMI unless you live in America you shits

Previous:

Attached: redmi-note-5-pro-1024x734_1518597211-1140x570.jpg (1140x570, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/results.php3?chkNFC=selected&sFreeText=Wireless&idCardslot=1
amazon.com/dp/B074BWGRKH/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Need purchase advice, details:
In the UK
Using with O2 but need the phone unlocked.
1920x1080 minimum resolution
MicroSD slot
NFC
Wireless Charging
Android
Budget £200-£300 ideally
Pic related, used to have note 4 but it broke. I'm tempted to just get another note 4 as the note 8 is too expensive but wondering what other options there are.

Attached: index.jpg (210x300, 17K)

Mostly Samsung phones
gsmarena.com/results.php3?chkNFC=selected&sFreeText=Wireless&idCardslot=1

>PRAISE XIAOMI unless you live in America you shits

Not true anymore, B4 has been present since the Redmeme Note 3, also the non note version and lately the Mi A1, other chinks phones are not even worth.

whens the note 5 pro getting released?

iphone se worth getting now or should i wait for the iphone se2?

any news on the new iphone SE? how do you think it will be?

Any Androids out there that aren't a step backwards hardware-wise from my Lumia 950?

So far haven't seen anything (first hand) with a comparable camera outside of the Pixels.

Preferably would have a 5-5" OLED screen, RGB flash, great 19MP+ camera with OIS, stock Android (and must get updates), no UI lag and a full day of battery.

Avoiding Pixels as I can't get them cheap enough in Australia. Was thinking of just settling for an XA2 or something cheap but still usable and carrying my 950 with me on holidays and trips etc.

I just got employed and the company is letting me pick any smartphone I want as a work phone.

What are some of the best Android smartphones right now? I'd prefer a larger screen but it's not a must. A good battery and camera is a big plus. Budget irrelevant obviously.

either get a used S7 or wait for the new Zenfone.

Attached: blah.jpg (1238x421, 68K)

Posting from my new Redmeme 5 Plus.
C O M F Y

When global ROM for the mix 2s???

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Pixel 2 XL

Using MIUI? I can`t stand this shitty chink ROM.

Huawei Mate 10 Pro or Galaxy S8+ (Exynos)?

Mate:
-better camera
-better form factor (no curved display, better fingerprint scanner placement)

S8:
-better display
-headphone jack

>using miui

Attached: 1522107581923.jpg (249x225, 14K)

I have the mate 10 pro and my brother has the s8+, honestly I love the mate 10 pro more, I think it's features and specs just bring it over the edge. However, I think in longevity, the s8 will last longer, based on how older samsungs have lasted compared to huaweis

>Use Xiaomemes before anyone else
>Use big phones before it was cool
>Screen breaks, time for new phone
>Go for a Compact because it's cheap so why not
Stupid sexy Sony making me actually consider iPhones. Don't really have much choice when it comes to small high end phones asides from these 2 right?

Is gameme smartphone a meme ?

Nokia 7plus
Im eyeing this phone because of looks, battery and headphone jack.

Any thing else i should be aware of?
Hows software? More barebones or bloated?
Hows nokia as a company now? Should i support them?

Seems like a good phone, I was looking at either the 7 or the new 6, and they seemed really good and almost got the 6 (2018) because of the almost stock android, but I wanted proper water resistance and IPS is shit after AMOLED, so I dropped it for a Samsung.

They're saying SE 2 will be announced in May so I'd wait, even if it turns out to be not worth it they'll probably reduce the SE's price.

Essential phone on sale for $349.99, it's the cheapest SD835 phone available that's supported by US carriers.
amazon.com/dp/B074BWGRKH/

it's barebones android

Nokia 8 is at 359$

so it's better to get used older flagship or new midrange phone

I bought a Redmeme 5 plus, how much did I fuck up, Jow Forums?

if you want software support, it's better to get a mid-range. Spec wise, it depends but some old flagships are great (the S7 is particularily liked here)

>want to get a lumia 1020 for the camera
>the only app I use is no longer supported by windows phone

You didn't, It's the best phone in this price range.

Attached: tuks6.jpg (640x360, 32K)

stop it, shill

everyone in this thread is a shill

I'm looking for a new mobile to replace my old Moto X Play, if anyone can find me something that fits these requirements, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm also willing to buy used stuff as well.

>Under 200 canadiabucks
>Android
>Removable Battery
>Custom rom support
>1080p screen minimum
>Preferably OLED screen but I'm flexible

Attached: 1480081469ris6.png (136x102, 18K)

Should have waited for Redmi Note 5

>removable battery
LG G5, LG V20 or Moto G5

Don't those bootloop? And I can't find any good recoveries or ROMs that just werk with the Canadian versions of those phones

Rumors are they are coming out with a new iphone SE in a couple months if you wanted to wait.

Femanon here

Avoid LG phones. Every single flagship LG phone for the last 5 years has ended up bootlooping after 18-24 months

Attached: selfie3.jpg (768x1024, 117K)

5X owner here, absolute dogshit of a phone. My roommate also has one, it bootlooped too.

Having gesture navigation on my 5T is the most comfy I have been since my Nexus 5. What is it with phones and the number 5?

>colored hair
Opinion discarded.

>waited for the Xperia XZ2 Compact
>finally released in Canada
>exclusive to Videotron
Why did Sony send this phone out to die up here?

why does it have to be so fuckhuge though

Phone

Im coming from the Note 8 and honestly the slim nature of the phone and tall ratio feel like the god combo for me.
Its why the sony phones are off my list.

Need purchase advice too, in this sea of smartphones.
Currently own a Oneplus X, but its getting old sadly. its running at 80/100c on full load (yes this is real), and the battery cant take it anymore.

Details. In NL
1080p minimum res
MicroSd Slot
Android ofc (pref 7+)
Budget 250$ max.
Root friendly, cuz i cant stand ads.
Ideally i want amoled or w.e.
(OpX is "waterproof", but i doubt i can find something similiar for the budget)
And 3000mah minimum battery, 2500 doesnt get me through the day.

Hairpulling search

Attached: oneplus-x.jpg (1120x725, 208K)

It's not a Note 5 Pro, it's only named this in India.

Galaxy A5 2017 has all that.

I need to change my moto x play too
did you had a fucked up power button

Whatever said. Newer android will either come slow or not come at all, but AMOLED and Waterproofing overweighed this, at least for me.

Was thinking about getting one too but the nokia 8 is cheaper often cheaper so

What about the modding community behind it? i mean I'm used to Oneplus' being piss easy to root and flash etc. I remember that samshit has Knox bullcrap and the that is called Odin to flash it?

It's not rocket surgery, don't worry.

I saw that it recently got an official LineageOS build so the community support can't be that bad.

Any who's bought the Xiaomi Mi A1, what are your opinions on it? What do you dislike the most about it?

Wait for Mi A2 or RN5

The 3GB RAM 32GB Storage 2018 Nokia 6 might be up your alley. The only detail missing from your checklist is Wireless Charging, though the device does feature quickcharging via USB-C.

Attached: TheNewNokia6_hardware-phone.png (410x800, 105K)

I'm looking for a phone under $450 with a decent camera/camera software, runs Android 8.1 with no shitty skin either, 3500+ mAh battery, 1080p 5.5" screen and has either a Snapdragon 820/821 or 835. I'm also on Verizon so my options might be limited since I live in the US. I was looking at the Essential Phone since it was at $350 but now it's back to $500.
Thanks in advance.

I was gonna say nokia 7 plus since the SD 660 is better than the 820 but it's a 6" screen

>trying to switch to tmobiles new military dealio
>cant do it online

???

Pixel XL, might need to buy used/refurbished to get it under $450

Doesn't work on Verizon

>Doesn't work on Verizon
The fuck is wrong with your carriers in the US? Is there any flagship that isn't compatible with Verizon?

Verizon sucks ass. The only phones that work on it are flagship phone from big companies. Eg. Google, Samsung, LG. I have no choice but to use it because there are no other carriers that cover my area.

Why? What improvements does it have over the A1? Also, its not even out yet.

That`s why i told you to wait for the launch.

> 2:1 aspect ratio
> no capacitive buttons
> better camera

I hope the 3.5 jack won't be defective as in the A1

Is turbo charging damaging to the battery ?

What is the "ThinkPad T420" of smartphones?

Is anyone using the Samsung s9+? If so is it worth getting? I usually don't like Samsung phones but it's the only phone with the specs I want that works with my carrier. I can also get $300 off with my trade in.

Just saying that I bought a Redmeme 4, waited to unlock the bootloader, found MIUI not bad but... Put LineageOS anyway.
A better phone, a new, fast, clean, riced one.
Now I've a fantastic cleverphone, MIUI sucked and the community is brainwashed.

MIUI sucks or not bad?

I've been using the Droid Turbo for ages now and is an amazing phone, but it's getting outdated. I looked at the OnePlus 5 for a while, since I also got a discount on it but now that the 5t has rolled around it's using that disgusting 18:9 resolution.
What's a good phone I can get for around $600 that doesn't fall into memes like that or no headphone jack? And maybe one I can flash my teacher's discount like with the OnePlus

Droid Turbo user here, what do you mean outdated? Sure the battery is going to shit because I used Turbo Charging but it's still ridiculously snappy for me.

REEEEEE ONLY EXPENSIVE FLAGSHIPS HAVE B13
still gonna get the Mi Mix 2s 8GB tho

has a lot of ram which is situationally useful.

I got the 32GB version so I'm limited on space and it struggles to play a game I enjoy so I play it on my computer instead. Otherwise this is easily my favorite phone and I love it dearly, but I would really love something a bit more powerful and with an SD card

the chinks need to use better glass in their phones because trying to find glass films for them is fucking impossible.

There won't be a 3.5mm jack at all

Almost all recent flagships have fallen to the 18:9 meme display. There's Sony XZ Premium, XZ1/XZ1 Compact, and Huawei Mate 10 for a few phones that are still using 16:9 and have the headphone jack.

What's with the 2:1 meme resolution? I was going to buy a Galaxy A8 and then I saw it live.

Just got a second-hand Nexus 5X and I installed TWRP+LineageOS 15 but once booted it gives me a vendor mismatch error. I'm also unable to install any .apk file (After downloaded one i go to the file manager and tap on it, but nothing happens).
Have I done something wrong?

>second-hand Nexus 5X
big mistake

Oooh, boy, you are in for a rollercoaster ride, strap yourself in.

Is there a good kanji stroke order font for Android?

So, recently I've been losing random text messages.
Like sometimes I'll get a long text from someone and the 1 of 3 don't show up. Or yesterday someone replied to me twice, and I didn't get them.

Is there a way to tell if it's the phones fault, or the carriers fault?
It's a Moto g5s plus, stock. And in using Ting which is a low price T-Mobile tower carrier.

I'm actually getting concerned as it's happening more often. Usually it seems fine but who knows how many txts I've gotten and just never responded

*BLOCKS YOUR PATH*

Attached: twonotches.jpg (660x491, 15K)

Bought a redmeme note 5 snapdragon from the gearbest, how'd i do?

What's up with those awful clear corners?
Couldn't muster good enough manufacturing to actually make it rounded?

enjoy ur scratched up screen the moment it touches a key
nice phone otherwise

MIUI doesn't really sucks, it's bloated, totally anti privacy and has a community (the MIUI forum) that seems a religious sect.

This.
But I can't switch to lineage because its not available for my phone.
Also the only thing I wanted in lineage was being able to see my free ram on the recents view, but apparently it doesn't have it, so I have to stick with this shitty chinks ROM
Die xiaomi

You said it yourself

I take it I should get a screen protector then?

This

Looking for a nice ROM to put on my new Redmeme 5 Plus, Lineage or AOSPExtended? I've been hearing good stuff about the latter lately, has anyone tried it?

Would an S7 be good? I'm more worried about the SOC on it and power consumption, but if there's anything better with near stock Android I'd like it.

Got a Xperia X Compact for 30 euros with a slight smudge in the screen. Did I do well? What to do with the device?

Lineage, AEX is a mess

Normal windows stroke order font just werks, at least in ankidroid

Moto Z2 Force, has SD835 and near stock Android. It was on sale for $399 a while ago, dunno what it's currently selling at.

S7 is decent but the battery life isn't the best, S7 Edge is better on that front.