What's Jow Forums opinion on e-readers?

What's Jow Forums opinion on e-readers?

Pic related is probably the best thing I've ever bought

Attached: 616y1qzHetL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 101K)

they're decent for reading and even better with an optional backlight but holy shit are they slow
I do prefer kobos for the ability to use a different reader if necessary but on stock kobo you need to do a little extra work in calibre to get kepubs that don't take seconds to turn a page

Very comfy to read in every kind of light

Bought my PW 4 years ago and now have read 499 pirated novels. So comfy. Number 500 is underway, the meme champ, Ulysses. Wish me luck.

God, I can't wait till the tablet/phone retards show up in this thread and start their usual screeching.

I just bought one of those when they were $40 off and it was jailbreakable. Since I have no interest in ever connecting it to WiFi I was able to get rid of the gay default screensavers and I am happy with it.

Can you display jpgs in a good way on these? Want to read manga on a device like this.

It's a fucking godsend, I have 15+ hours of downtime out of a 24hr shift, cellphones are banned on the workplace, and this is how I survive.
Seven years now, on a second Kindle (first was the 4, now I have the Paperwhite 2, zero issues with either unit.)
If I had to watch sports or talk about fishing like the other guys do, I'd shoot myself within the week.

Attached: 1329960730447.jpg (468x456, 75K)

Still works for me.

Attached: bookreader.jpg (550x438, 64K)

I've become addicted to the TTS function of my phone and it can go super low brightness so I'm really struggling to justify my Kindle

I've had three kindles in the past, always ended up breaking / losing them somehow - but loved every single one.

It's been a couple years since I last used one, but I'm really starting to miss it. OLED makes reading on my phone screen slightly more bearable, but I end up doing most of my reading via audiobooks (not ideal).

Now I'm strongly considering getting either a BQ or an Icarus device (muh freedumb). anyone have experience with these?

I should have read it long ago. Been told it's a bit of a difficult read, but worth it.

actually, funny you say that, i put all my learning PDFs on one, much easier to tote around and review whenever, bullshit little Kindle Fire, that's all I want it to do, just keep PDFs.

I used to on my phone, but this is better.

False advertising. The background is nowhere near as white.

i love my kobo aura h2o

Great for reading books. Shit for PDF's unless you get a big one.
I use mine with Calibre and De-DRM. It's great

needs physical buttons for page turning, its a bit buggy, and too small for textbooks which are usually pdfs, but otherwise ok.

have you played with a paperwhite at all? I've got a paperwhite atm and am thinking about switching

thinking about getting one for tapletop PDFs and manga, Kobo or Kindle?

Attached: 1523949904412.jpg (480x480, 23K)

I always read manga on it, I have a PW2, it's great.

>not needing to keep a stiff spine book open with your fingers
>not needing to adjust your seating to catch the lighting on the page
>change font size to your liking
>not needing to buy books lol
Feels good man

Kobo for manga. Decide if you want microSD or if you're willing to pay extra for large internal storage.
Tabletop PDFs aren't good with eink because you usually need color.

hands down best purchase. Good on you OP.
I have a very old kindle which I didn't link to any amazon account (was concerned about drm), do you think it's worth purchasing a newer model, move to another device, or stick with the old one?
I kind of wish I had the option to better navigate the book and perhaps insert bookmarks and notes.

I liked mine until I read culture of critique on it and now I'm clinically depressed
thanks for yet another meme faggots, worst 30 bucks I ever spent

Reminder to buy an e-reader with android 4.4+

Attached: 1503383815633.png (1356x1422, 2.12M)

I did a quick google is Calibre the one to use?

best torrent site for books?

Attached: 1379122139166.jpg (259x194, 6K)

i use libgen to get most things

Are there any decent ones that can do pdfs well?

Thanks, will check it out.

my textbook bookmarks
also download that Jow Forums textbook torrent

Attached: Capture.png (273x143, 7K)

libgen.io
b-ok.org

I've been thinking of getting one. I'd get a Kindle but they don't support epub so I'll probably go with Kobo.

MAM.
Open interviews Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Exactly

can they read manga?

Get another job where they don't treat you like you're in high school

better than re*L """"books"""""

I don't wanna, the pay is extraordinary and I get two weeks off after a two week block of 6x24hr shifts. I'm not a fucking teen so I don't care about the phone thing. And it makes sense, tons of confidential shit in the workplace.
Besides, what employer lets you read or twiddle your dick or whatever the hell you want 2/3 of the time at work?

Use Calibre to convert it to mobi you fucking autist

I just use kindlegen.

where do you work and how do I apply

It's a military job in a tiny yuropoor meme country, so the requirements are kinda narrow.

My kindle paperwhite is probably the best purchase I've ever made. I take the train to work every day and it's sucha great little thing. Frre ebooks on libgen and there's literally no reason to buy books anymore.

Kobo, it's pretty comfy.

I really want to import a Kindle Manga since it has English and everything you need for a good digital manga experience.

But so anxious over that Amazon are gonna announce new kindle this year. When do they usually do it? If one comes with color E-ink I'm gonna regret it so hard.

I have an e-reader but do most of my reading in my phone due to "muh security." I can't have anything with USB memory at work other than my phone.

As a book lover with a big library with real books, an ereader was a nice surprise.
Great to pirate books that I want to read but I don't want to buy

What is the cheapest decent e-reader for books and some manga?

E-readers are shit for pdf and jpg. Buy a chinese tablet, it is cheaper and better

But I mostly want to read books. Are regular tablets much worse for that?

e-ink is the best for text reading, and the worst for most other things

how does it matter nigger ?

I like my aura one but zooming is still a problem

it's pretty close on max illumination

not him, but it matters.
black over gray isn't too good to read, you get used to it, but always when come back to a real book you get satisfaction

you clearly have never used an e-ink reader, it's probably the best reading experience for your eyes that there is, even if it's not perfect white.

how bright the screen should be actually depends a lot on the lighting of the enviroment you're reading in.

I had a Kindle and now I have a Noko. It's great, I can't deny it, but it isn't the best reading experience to my eyes, really.

e-readers are overrated. I own one, but I still choose to read on my phone most of the time.

I'm currently reading stuff off of a Samsung Tan s2. Is the Kindle Paperback worth the upgrade?

Attached: shiba-inu-sleeping-in-futon-e1371697012196.jpg (400x309, 35K)

I've got a Kindle Touch from about 5-6 years ago, still happily using it. I don't read books too often, but it's nice - easy to find free book downloads for it and e-ink is excellent. Still prefer physical books but Kindles are way too convenient

I just google "epub to mobi converter" and use the first link that pops up, no downloads and takes seconds.