Why is the install process for Debian so needlessly complicated? I want to use it, but the guide is too long

Why is the install process for Debian so needlessly complicated? I want to use it, but the guide is too long.

Attached: debianhero.jpg (770x602, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

brainlet filter

this, OP. debian generally isn't recommended for beginners, precisely for the reasons you mention in your blog.

What process? Installer asks like four questions

You need a guide to install Debian? Here's the only guide you need.

>Start the installer
>Click next a whole bunch
>Make sure not to fuck up your partitions
>Prepare yourself a snack while the installer does it's magic

first time i installed debian i selected every desktop environment

Because I initially downloaded the net install and had trouble importing nonfree drivers, I had a more difficult time installing debian than I did with arch

debian is not difficult to install, you brainlet. You can always watch someone doing it on youtube.

oh look its idiots going for >muh minimalism missing the point of a net install. If you want to shit on a distro for being complicated to install, make sure you use the default installer not the >leet hacker option which installs a base linux system that you have to build yourself, which surprisingly enough happens to ask what you want installed otherwise it won't make sense.

Arch kiddies are the bane of linux and you can't prove me wrong

freetardation

this, lol @ linux fags

There’s an automatic partition mode.

kek
you dont need a fucking manual. Put netinstall on a usb and install it the same way you would any other OS(As long as this isn't your first install. If it is, read up on how you'd partition it). Everything is straightforward enough that you don't really need help until something fucks up, THAT's why the manual is formatted the way it is.

First time I installed I didn't select anything because I didn't know what a DE was

There are official installers with non-free drivers included

Kek it's the same as for Wintoddler 7.

fuckin LMAO

>I am too stupid for debian
>windows is the one for me
>windows even gives you pretty login pictures to look at
>debian is offensive because it is difficult for plebs
Dude you are shit at technology
try /b/

The great thing about debian is that it has a minimal net installer which basically gives you the option to go as lean or fat as you like with it.
If you are a big fat giant slob you can install a thin version to make you feel good
but if you are a skinny fucking Patel you can even install KDE and dream you are a big fat fucking rich slob

I found installing debian in gentoo quite simple. debootstrap ftw.

Had a hard time installing it because of lack of drivers gave me no DE, tried the non-free version and still nothing

>Why is the install process for Debian so needlessly complicated?
But it's not.

Are you unable to set user name and password?

Or maybe select language, keyboard layout, time zone, file system partitioning, and which DE you want to be installed?

What exactly are you having issue with?

If your too dumb to install debian than your probably too dumb to install windows.

You haven't seen nothing yet, my friend. Installing Gentoo makes installing Debian feel like a walk in the park. And it can be that for you if you care enough to push forward. Try harder!

Thats gentoo
Debian is fine
Download the non-free version or not extract the non-free firmware yourself
I've had better luck with the second weirdly enough

Yeah but I use the same drive for other OSs'

Get the non-free version and extract the non-free firmware tar in it
That should help
Or install iwlwifi or whatever you need by hand

It took me 3 fucking seconds to find it through Startpage and probably less through Google:

Search debian packages for the drivers, put the .fw file on a usb and there you go. This is basically the only bump in the road for installing debian

I used that iso as well with no success

Because taking unnecessary steps to do things makes intelligent.

there are no unnecessary steps. Debian is easy to install.

t. wintoddler

This isn't one iso. It's literally a directory full of other directories that contain hundreds of isos (or many isos at least), each for different architectures and DEs. Not to mention it literally adds all firmware in the cd to the install, so unless you are running an extremely foreign architecture, it should work.

This is the stupidest thread today.

Thanks but i just decided to settle on mint for a bit until i get used to linux (windows user my whole life), and then go for debian, arch or somthing similar

I switched from Windows to Mint for about a year before taking the plunge with Debian (which I still run today). Fedora is worth checking out too

I found it easier than OpenSUSE and OpenSUSE installer is not that hard.

what I found hard was the configuration. I founded Manjaro (with the arch wiki) easier to configure than a pure Debian machine. I was using Debian Testing so maybe that was the real problem.

Once you go through it a few times it is quite simple really. Especially if you have compliant hardware.

you fucking retard
it even helps you partition your disks
fucking hell

Literally a OS for lesbians. Why are you trying to install it?

I remember the first time I tried installing Debian, It would'nt let me connect to the internet because I need to use an iso with a firmware update that would let me access internet during installation instead of letting me use the normal iso like every other fucking distro out there. Its stupid but it manageable.

all you do is hit next

It has a graphical installer where you just click through the prompts, are you retarded?

this has to be bait. if you can't install debian how the hell do you even know how to use Jow Forums? also if this isn't bait just fucking kill yourself

Install gentoo instead

what i hate about debian is all the -dev packages have been separated and if you want to build anything not available on a vanilla debian install you have to download and install a shit ton load of -dev packages for the whole system from gtk, qt xorg, and all the build tools too, install slackware once and all those build tools and -dev files were never stripped out of the original package and made in to a separate package to install, but if debian did that they would not be able to brag about having so many packages in their repository (the number would be cut by half

I literally have installed Arch and Gentoo no issue, yet Debian has never worked. Either it takes some complex fuckery with hardware support, or some old package is buggy, or some other retarded shit.

Attached: sBJG8sT.jpg (1294x478, 60K)

you stupid fucking nigger
you literally press enter and wait for the pretty bar to reach the end
the absolute fucking state of Jow Forums

>I had a more difficult time installing debian than I did with arch
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't import them. Edit the text file /etc/apt/sources.list to include non-free and contrib repos. Apt-get update, apt-cache search nvidia/amd, apt-get install the proper xorg driver. It's not hard at all.

this doesnt work if the reason youre enabling the non-free is network drivers

Just install Windows or MacOS and stop with autism.

oh boy another debian thread

Attached: 4_11_2018.png (1366x768, 1.05M)

that conky or this conky?

Attached: screenFetch-2018-04-15_10-29-53.png (1366x768, 1.03M)

>zsh
>3k packages
>DE
>KDE
>That ram usage with just the terminal open

1/10
1 for using debian

>I like zsh
>i have a lot of things that I need installed
>I like kde
>i have waterfox open with like 50 tabs
sucklessfags pls go and stay go

How it is even possible 3K packages? I though that my SUSE with 2545 packages is bloat beyond limit...

>>I like zsh
change ur ways
>>i have a lot of things that I need installed
there are needs and wants
>>I like kde
de is bloat no matter what. change ur ways
>>i have waterfox open with like 50 tabs
not using masterrace firefox

just kill yourself asap

no you mozillacuck

Attached: Screenshot_20180410_032519.png (1366x768, 973K)

okay 2/10

for debian and terminus

user, there's no reason to make your package count reflect your small penis size. Stop conflating the two

Does size matter?
How did you know i have a small penis?

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 94K)

No. There aren't.

here you go, clinically retarded user

You proofed yourself wrong, user. Read the link you just posted carefully.

oh, you mean about being "official"?
That's just because of branding shit, same reason why fedora doesn't include a lot of codecs in their repos.
If that's stopping you from using them you're very, very dumb.

Attached: Screenshot_20180422_224311.png (1366x768, 2.27M)

meant to reply to you

Why do I always forget to lock my fucking widgets?

Attached: Screenshot_20180422_224628.png (1366x768, 2.3M)

Because it's free as in costs nothing. I might install Debian on a server if I get one but I will install Ubuntu on desktop if I install Linux on desktop.

It's got a few nitpicks. But it's stupid easy to install if you're experienced. Play around with lots of different Linux distros more and the Debian installer will feel like it simplified.

Literally the only annoying part is manual partitioning,

> run debian live cd
> wifi works
> run installer
> can't detect network card

thanks for wasting my time

>Why is the install process for Debian so needlessly complicated?
What? You literally launch it and click "next", "yes", and shit like that like 10 times. What are you even doing nigger?

Brainlet here, tried to install Debian on my x220, but the net installer didn't recognize my WiFi card and what bothered me the most was the touchpad wasn't working too, I was using the ISO with the firmware included but it didn't have any impact in the missing firmware for my laptop.

Install Ubuntu, it's like Debian but for plebians.

There's a set of non-free firmware that can't be included on the ISO; just install it from the command line, and you should be set.

Whats complicated about it?

The official Debian install guide is pretty awful and doesn't do a great job of explaining things. As someone who had minimal previous experience with linux distros I found it much easier to install Arch following the wiki than to install Debian the first time (partly because Arch actually included the driver I needed for my wifi card instead of making me stop the installation, find the driver myself on another computer and restart). You're probably better off watching a video tutorial for it or something.

> following the wiki
> to install a Linux distribution
Stop being such a tryhard.
> making me stop the installation, find the driver myself on another computer and restart
You doing it wrong.

Why wouldn't you just plug into your modem for the installation

It's not harder than installing windows xp
nvm you are probably too retarded to do that too.

>debian.org
Official enough to me moron.

If you find the debian installer complicated you must have more or less the I.Q of Forrest Gump

please tell me it's bait,you can't be that retarded. THERE'S NON FREE VERSIONS OF EVERY DEBIAN ISO YOU FUCKING MONGREL REEEEEEEEEEE JUST READ THE FUCKING DOWNLOAD PAGES

>this post
WHAT AT DUMB PIECE OF SHIT

Attached: 1522007959864.png (499x513, 283K)

>ego trip itt
pottery

Attached: 15000457330.png (397x361, 238K)