Pic related vs opensuse for a cs student? i'm german if that matters

pic related vs opensuse for a cs student? i'm german if that matters

Attached: TWF1_Blacka.jpg (700x700, 40K)

>Should I use Fedora or openSUSE as a CS student
Just stick to Windows. You obviously have no idea what you're doing.

i've used both before, i know what im doing. just wanted Jow Forums's opinion

If opensuse, don't use tumbleweed

why not? leap has ancient packages

Install bentoo.

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Fedora

why

If it has to be one of those, I'd pick Fedora. OpenSuse is a retarded distro that doesn't even work properly because it doesn't bundle anything that has a patent, including basic shit like subpixel font rendering.

OpenSUSE because

Not everyone's as retarded as you user

>i'm german if that matters
Have you tried Hitlerlinux?

just use *buntu LTS bro

Opensuse had better language German support.

Fedora is good, but they force you to use selinux and by installing it you will become free RHEL beta-tester, since Fedora is beta version of RHEL.
OpenSUSE is also good, and they give you a choice, Leap - if you don't want to be a beta-tester, and Tumbleweed if you want to be a beta-tester SLE.
The good thing about OpenSUSE is that you can change Leap into Tumbleweed any time you want, probably even without breaking system. And maybe even back.
Also OpenSUSE provides the best KDE experience.
Meh, *buntu shits itself on my machine complete. Tumbleweed does this as well, but it at least keeps an entry in GRUB, so I can boot into previous kernel and fix stuff.

use fuckimg debian who cares about your nationality

Debian is difficult to install. It is easier to install system from scratch (Gentoo or LFS), than fixing this.

>debian is difficult to install
what the fuck no its not if you find that difficult go for ubunut
18.04 lts is coming soon o you will have recent packages and stability

Ubuntu is defective by design. Their logo even looks like wheelchair.
I after much distrohopping (Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, Arch, LFS, Fedora) I've realized that Fedora and OpenSUSE are just working fine, however other just break themselves (Ubuntu - apt shits itself after each third update, Debian - you have to unshit it after install, Gentoo - my CPU is potato, Arch - xorg shits itself, LFS - nothing shits itself, but my CPU is potato).
Fedora and OpenSUSE just work, but OpenSUSE has a GUI for squid and samba, that integrates in settings nicely, and I use them quite often.

OpenSUSE has thumbnails in the image picker. Fedora is just red hats guinea pig distro don't use that shit.

fedora has been pretty shit for the past couple of years and anything other than the default gnome install will be broken out of the box, not to mention that their solution to end user repositories is laughably bad and only seems useful to businesses packaging software for said business, as an end user copr is horribly unnavigable and it's difficult to figure out what the fuck a repo is doing to a package compared to something like pkgbuilds, ebuilds, or even nix files, and my experience with copr is that almost every repo lacks even a description and hasn't been updated in years assuming that it's even build passing in the first place, the only exception is if it's an official or officially endorsed repo provided by the software developer which almost happens

the only thing I can mention about opensuse on the other hand is that it will have the best kde/qt support of any distro since they actually patch bugs in software, and that suse seems to have a decent build system that also provides packages for non-suse distros which is nice, I still use fedora though

>by using bleeding edge software you are beta testing that software
astute observation, fucking mongoloid

Fedora is like fixing stuff for free, so big guys will make money. But OpenSUSE - literally the same distro, and all are in the same boat.

>it doesn't bundle anything that has a patent
Fedora doesn't either, except for the MP3 codecs. Nonfree/potentially troublesome packages must be installed through RPMFusion.

>he is german
hahahahahahahahahahaha