Be me 21 Uni Student

>Be me 21 Uni Student
>Picked a module, called the internet and society easy mode talking about how google is mind-blowing to fuckheads
>Walk in room full of wannabe Chads and Staceys
>The lecturer is a Marxist (I know she is because she tells us 10 times in 4 minutes)
>Starts rattling on about how twitter means we don't need journalists anymore and how Karl Marx is the founder of the internet ifuckedup.jpg
>Talks about open source software for one minute has no clue what it is doesn't seem to know how programs are made
>She starts talking about gaming guilds in Android games like Plants Vs Zombies >Chad and Stacey lapping up how Chinese gold farmers make money farming coins in plants Vs zombies all day lecturer calls them professional gamers
>Ask why we need large corporations like google and facebook to hold all out data on their servers
>"Um......... to provide safety from the hackers"
>Give up, go home early decide to try and write my essay that I get graded on check the assessment details
>All references must be inside the provided materials
>Check the reading list it's all Marxist and 10 years out of date minimum people who don't know how to turn computers on commenting on phenomena they here about on the news
>Starts to set in that I'm Fucked
>Ask for a meeting with the head of the department
>Raise the issue that the reading material is outdated and in some cases downright ignorant of how computers work
>"You must be a very arrogant young man to think you know more than your lecturer"
>Ask if the lecturer even knows basic
>The head of department doesn't know what basic is
>Turns out I'm in the media department surrounded by Chomskyites who can't use computers
>It finally clicks and I gain a galaxy brain understanding of the disdain normal people feel for us
>They don't know how to make programs hell they don't even know how to use pre-made programs
>Computers to these people are magic itjustworks.jpg

Attached: 1385827286594.png (273x302, 107K)

It's over for me boys Academia isn't for me, before I fail does anyone have any good academic sources on big data, surveillance or datafication, the department that does this module doesn't want Chad and Stacey to worry their pretty heads with anything other than Marxism/double think and I need sources from somewhere that reflects reality

>Pick a shit module
>Complain
>Keep complaining

Yeah I did that too. I met a lot of illiterate fucktards that did nothing but play games at class and they didn't know what a fucking IP address or a Linux distro were.

Same here should have checked what department run the thing but the Google Docs list didn't mention it
I get the IP and Linux meme the lecturer tried to tell me IP addresses didn't exist and told me you couldn't be tracked on the internet because we're protected under EU law

Can't you just drop it and pick up a different one?

is there a tl;dr

Sadly not they won't let me change modules

Marxist Academics running IT classes don't understand how computers work lie to students

Worst greentext ever, I made it about four lines
OP proves once again how much of fag he is

I feel you, user.
I'd quit, save time.

I ended up in a community college comp sci course, everyone was very grounded and we just got the work done. Sorry your weirdo course isn't the same

what country

feel like this question will elucidate a lot

God OP shit like this makes me so happy I have only one course that is not hard-science.

England
what makes it worse is the university is pretty highly ranked in the national listings

Well I mean England is Cyber Punk without the cool aesthetics so it seems about right desu.

Can confirm the most used currencies here are:
Weed
Xannax
Crytpo
GBP
In that order

Crypto? Cutting edge man
Chads and Stacies use cryptocurrencies a lot??

and this is why i dropped out of the college, except i didn't even try to prove the lecturer(s) wrong because i knew from the beginning it would make no difference at all and that i'd just be embarrassing myself
the worst thing is the attitude towards students, it's like the lecturer knows everything and the students don't and can't know anything on their own, other than the stuff the lecturer puts into the students' heads
try to argue and you'll be ridiculed and looked down by the teachers and other students
i mean, what is the target of universities? because at first i naively thought it was for people genuinely interested in how and why things work the way they do, to grasp complex concepts and whatnot, but in reality it turned out to be some retarded shitfest with the students learning C++ bubblesort implementations by heart just to pass the exams having no clue what the fuck they're doing
and the country is poland fwiw

what's a module?

>british education

>Xanax

oh these 'sadbois' (college / university faggots in the west) who will remain junkies for the rest of their lives due to the heavy physical dependancy that comes with that shit.

Attached: 1494886119003.png (166x166, 14K)

>It's over for me boys Academia isn't for me

On the contrary. It is you who is not for academia.

You're in a low-tier university. There are 330 million Americans. About 50% are retarded. That is 165 million people who wouldn't know what a computer program really is, even if you took an hour to explain to them. About 25% more are less retarded, but still not smart enough to run complex organizations of other human beings.

From the time you enter school, as a child, you are being watched and graded. Eventually you take what is known as the ACT or SAT. This test correlates with your IQ. Anything around 33 points on the ACT means you gain access to a high-tier university. A 36, the maximum score, means you are eligible to apply to the highest tier universities. There is no guarantee you will get in, because there are lots of people who score 36, and a finite amount of prestigious universities.

At prestigious universities, students begin to understand their "role" in society. Their role, as the role of every class-based system, is to construct reality for those dumber than them. They construct reality by graduating and running media companies, by graduating and starting/running software companies that come to dominate the economic landscape, by graduating from law school and joining elite law firms or think tanks. Even just being tangentially associated with these universities means access to a world you, at your low-tier university cannot imagine. They run not only the United States, but also the world.

So you see, it's not that everyone in that department is dumb. Everybody in that university is dumb. And you are quite likely dumb as well, hence you have failed to understand your situation. What did you think the purpose of standardized tests were? Why do you think people compete to get into Harvard or other prestigious universities?

only brainlets take the ACT

this is just sad

Yeah and it's not a conspiracy or anything. This is just human nature.

post cringy uni stories

Suck it up, academia is built on brown-nosing (and it doesn't stop after you become a prof, as some of my friends are finding out). Brown-nose, always give your lecturer the benefit of the doubt, try and write what you think they want to hear - it's just that easy! Universites hand out degrees so you need to play their game.
Dropping out is the dumbest thing you could possibly do because of the opportunity and financial cost of the wasted years. Drop outs tend to earn less money than people who didn't bother going to uni in the first place.

Can we hit 50 likes

why u mention 10x times that she is marxist? U think we don't know our shit very well op? are u fuckin insulting my comrades? OP is not marxist but still a retard how bout that?

Yeah bro they love the get rich quick scheme they heard about on the news they even have this cool app called coinbase that buys it for them

>not coke
wut

>Media department
Drop the fucking class dumbass. Take a history class instead, they're way more fun to take as electives.

This is true but it doesn't mean you have to give up on penetrating the ranks of the powerful. You just have to play the game from the outside. It's harder, and you don't have the benefit of nepotism, but it's doable.

>>Starts rattling on about how twitter means we don't need journalists anymore
Are you kidding me? She honestly believes this? It is BECAUSE of shit like twitter that not only do we need proper journalists but we need them to be mature and honest and accurate with what they write.
Fuck that mole!

>it
that's your problem desu it is literally comp science for people with sub 60 iq

what uni are you at desu I'm at one of the shittest in my area as I did too many drugs in college to keep my grades up but even my uni is actually teaching stuff

>start screeching how Hitler did nothing wrong
At least writing to higher hierarchy how the internet and shit module is empty and false is useful for someone

Christ that sounds like one of my lecturers

I feel your pain.
Luckierly I was in computer science at college around 2002 ish. My tutors were based and older and knew what they were talking about. They made the courses engaging and the easyness for me made it a walk. (I did the simplistic assignments in an hour and spend the classes playing Quake III on a server box I hide in the ceiling, the place was demolisted so I sometimes wonder if it fell out on some poor sods head)

Anyway. Most the class were dunces which must had been disheartening for the tutors and me. Only one other girl (the only 1 in the course) was up to the same standard.

Fucktards couldn't even binary or get the concept of the layout of a floating point.

The crunch came not from computing but the marxist cunts in drama who couldn't stand difference of opinons. I got constructively chucked.

I was salty about it at the time being young but I got the last laugh. I got 3 years of courses for free because I always reenrolled through my tutors. That fell good, the ingorance, corruption and stupidity didn't.

>thinking a country that doesn't play football has chads and stacies

Yikes, I dropped out of college four years ago and things hadn’t gone to shit yet, now I’m enrolling again this year and wonder what I’m in for.

Attached: image.jpg (1600x1200, 417K)

>tfw to intelligent

>going to classes
>not just reading the lecture material online

lmao, and everyone wanks over british colleges like crazy

Why do people try this hard to cover up blatant nepotism?
I go to an Ivy and over half the students are retarded. Stop LARPing.

So you took a dive into the minds of a bunch of normies with power, eh? Welcome back to Jow Forums. I would give you a hug, but we both know neither of us wants that.

I've known more than every professor I've ever had. This is what happens when you don't go to a good school.

What uni?

Assuming this is true:

Just write your essays with references in the provided material, then add more references outside to refute the course material.

I don't know if you'll get marked poorly for that, but you can fail with your head held high.

Nothing wrong with Marxism in this context, mate. You sound like you've got a shitty left-liberal professor though, not a real Marxist (they're obviously rare as fuck in sheltered middleclass academia). Go and google Marx's 'Fragment on Machines', real Marx was cyberpunk as fuck. Ignoring all this modern liberal idpol shit, Marx was a keen economic critic with a scientific approach, and he was very interested in the most modern networking technologies of his day, i.e. railroads and telegraphs. He would have had all sorts of cool shit to say about the internet, and even did have a crack at it in the FoM.

Obviously a real fucking Marxist wouldn't be in favour of corporate control of data, that's either an exaggeration on your part or awful, posturing politics on her part. Also go and look up Paul Cockshott, he's a Marxist computer scientist with very concrete interest in cybernetics, control systems, and economics.

nice

>be me 18 Uni Student
>none of the bullshit that's happening to OP is happening to me
>peacefully completing my first year of networks and cyber security surrounded by neckbeards and a black girl thrown in for fun

I'm not even at a good university. it was just the only one in Wales offering a course related to what i want to do

also, why does 1 module matter (particularly at 21, when you should really be finishing up your 3rd year project)

Not op but I started uni at 20ish because I was a NEET for a couple of years before that

>walk in blind because you're stupid and lazy and want "easy mode"
>surprised to find yourself surrounded by stupid and lazy people

Attached: 1481640696496.jpg (675x663, 69K)

I'm really sure that all happened and you're not just bullshitting, op

Attached: CRISSANGEL.jpg (1068x712, 75K)

Just fucking drop it, does you college not.let you do this?

We live in a society

Can we hit niggers?

>At prestigious universities, students begin to understand their "role" in society. Their role, as the role of every class-based system, is to construct reality for those dumber than them.
Wrong, that is what they want you to do. They want you to be their slave, to worship them in their inferiority by providing for them. To suffer for your superiority by giving everything to them. You have no obligation to do so. Destroy them, not through any violent act, but by letting them fend for themselves. It's evolution, baby.

dropped out, the post

The brown nosing never stops. Once you graduate you brown nose your way through entry level positions, then you brown nose your way from somewhere half decent to the job you actually wanted, then you can brown nose your way into a Chief _____ Officer position if it strikes your fancy, and once you're finally there you can brown nose everyone in the entire world so they buy your product or pay for your service. Of course you could start there by making your own company, but as you can see it saves you no brown nosing.
See, as it turns out, "brown nosing" is actually just known as "not being an unbearable little shit". Unless you intend to live in the woods by the strength of your own hands, get fucking used to it.