AMD's StoreMI tiered storage

>To get the best results with Optane you gonna need to use an AMD platform

youtube.com/watch?v=wbl2dYgjMQ4

Attached: DOwN_NMWAAEk1ox.jpg (800x487, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3w9HKuTL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Delidd this!

Attached: 1490730560541.jpg (882x758, 318K)

enterprise level of "caching" as a freebie for Ryzen 2 and Treadripper users.
A good and smart one at that.

Attached: 15241006322z6uo19egw_1_21_l.png (1277x711, 291K)

Attached: 1514997764910.jpg (700x700, 58K)

it's not caching, it's """caching""", tiered storage. Pretty nifty.

another glorious quote:
>And I do have to giggle a bit because AMD nailed the experience with Optane (...) and they did it better than people who came up with Optane.

Attached: 15241006322z6uo19egw_1_22_l.png (1277x711, 304K)

>if you want better than crap you need to pay for a license
But it is free as in freedom, no? Or is AMD literally a botnet?

Holy kek
Intel get your shit together or Zen2 will murder your asshole.

Attached: Laughing Boxers.png (638x479, 363K)

It already has

Attached: intelbtfohard.jpg (1327x1103, 540K)

you need a license for bigger than 256gb ssd's and for more one storageMI instance. Like, if you want one hd+ssd AND one ssd+optane (as Wendell's own example) then you'd need a license.
Out of the box on x470 you're able to use one 256gb ssd+hdd+ram disk+optane.

I enjoy anandtech, but when your results differ that much from the rest, there has to be something fishy going on. The 2700x annihilates the 8700k in just about everything except gayming and even then you can squeeze performance with memory to the point where it's 95-96% of an OCd 8700k. Zen2 will fuck Intel over hard, it's going to be a massacre.

Are us x370 abusers boned? This sounds awesome but can I use it with a bios update?

Golem.de, that faggot who rips off digital foundry, anand and a few others are all getting amd favorable results, it isnt just anand. Im pretty sure this has to do with how these outlets updated for spectre and meltdown and that proper updates do gimp gaymen perf on intel

But it's free as in freedom, right? So you can just edit the source code and recompile to give you proper performance?
Or is AMD literally a botnet?

yeap. I think you're boned. At least for the time being.

holy quads.
Adored's review of reviews was very decent. He talked about most of the topics we've been arguing over the last few days.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3w9HKuTL8

There's no reason this shouldn't have been built into windows a decade ago

AMD is a mild-botnet but not a fullblown botnet like w*ndows

I saw it.
It's a damn shame some still label him an amdrone, his content is one of the few channels I look forward to when it comes to consumer tech.

simple and effective ideas usually are just like that. After you see them, all you do is wonder how come it wasn't a thing before.

I had the same realization with XFR2. How was it not implemented before?

I felt like he bashed a bit too much on the clock boots and even though he mentioned the new and finer precision boost I don't think he gave it enough credit. But overall, it was one good video. Nice summary of most topics we're discussing right now.

Actually, probably an oversight. some engineer sees anons trying P state OC and calling it shit, he thinks to himself, I'll bet it's not shit after all. Then he does basically a lower level, with a bit more control on the bare metal, P state OC and call it PB2 and XFR2. I don't think that's too much further from the truth.

especially after he realized that the basics were all there to begin with. Including a bunch of crimnally underutilized temp and power sensors.

For like one minute where he says he doesn't think its meltdown just to save face so people don't think hes an amd shill even though meltdown/spectre is the only variable there

or intel, with their nsa red carpets. And their own. They probably have one mossad exclusive entrance too.

yeah, I also feel like he's a bit conflicted over this business of being an AMD shill. he kinda still is, but he's going out of his way trying to prove that he's not. Not bashing him, his public persona will benefit from that, but the quality of his videos dropped a bit, because of that. he's sounding too apologetic and rethinking AMD's strats and decisions way more than anyone should. He's kinda looking for any bit FUD there, way harder than at Nvidia or intel even.

When will optane or 3dxpoint become cheap?

Attached: 0c67524b-017e-456e-91ad-e894829c11b9.jpg (700x395, 35K)

it was also quite telling that he didn't get a Ryzen 2 sample. He's shifting into becoming more something akin to an analist rather than a reviewer, but it's still kinda his primary job. I was bit bummed AMD black listed or forgot about him for some reason.

>learning algorithm
i threw up a little in my mouth

lately he's been a bit heavy handed agaisnt AMD. Even though we all know he still has AMD embedded in his heart. He's simply on the defensive, a bit too much. I hope he can find a better balance in the near future.

just a table of most used aplications.
i.e., launch a game it still store in your HDD because you didn't launch in ages. You kinda got hooked again, it's now on the ssd. Probably a lot less fancy than you're thinking of, They must've went for simplicity in this.

>intel propietary tech
>getting cheaper

Yeah, that was a little weird. I thought he might have refused to do the review since it seemed he was busy with other stuff, but that wouldn't make much sense to me since it's free promotion to the channel.

Just let Samsung catch up with ZNAND or some shit.

what happens if I do this with an optane 900p and a 960 pro?

Attached: Chasing Yukko faster than the speed of light.gif (150x85, 2.99M)

>you come to me on this day
>of my daughters wedding
>to install windows 10 for you?

t. "Penguin" - The Godfather

>just a table of most used aplications.
Not even that, it's most likely entirely block level.
It has no need to know what programs are requesting the blocks, only that they are, and thus it prioritizes them based on access frequency.