Do these actually work

Do these actually work

Attached: wifi.png (1563x652, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B075GYWPCJ
bayareatechpros.com/ac1900-to-ac68u/
pcengines.ch/order.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends what you mean by work. If you mean broadcast your network then yes.

at the moment I get 2mbps, the salesman said if I got this it would boost it to 5mbps

It's dependant on a lot more factors than just the router. What are the specs of your current router, I assume it's the one you got supplied and also what is the current plan you are on.

>$799

jesus fuck

I'm on unlimited with optus for $80 per month with the standard

Attached: speed.png (1761x559, 448K)

Yeah no kidding

do not pay 800 dollars for a fucking router lmfao

You left the ID in your address bar

Attached: 1502666283949.png (625x208, 22K)

It won't make a difference unless your current router is literally from 2004 or something.

Honestly you would only get a boost to your wifi speeds I doubt it would actually effect the speed of your connection that much seeing as how aus is shithouse. If you aren't currently hardwired you would be better off just spending 800 om cabling instead of getting memed on. Not too mention you can easily find better routers than what you probably have for less check umart.

So what? we can see the same result? Or if their database ever leaks we baybe find out his IP?

Also I'm pretty sure the $80 Optus plan puts you on the shittiest speed tier

Sorry i'm not to familiar with the internet, I can pay optus $800 to install cable to my home?

Also I was wondering if I should get an ethernet adapter for my laptop so it's not running wifi but I doubt with this speed it would make any difference

>mfw resetting my router actually fixed my ping spikes

well ill be damned...

>$80 for adsl
there are cable plans in aus cheaper than that, also Optus

you wont get faster than 2mbps on adsl, its the hard limit limit of the service

They mesure the bandwidth on the box in a deceptive way. They mesure it with the combined total of the 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz combined. You'll never actually get that speed.

Yes, they work.
What i'll assume you really mean't to ask though is
>Is a router actually worth $799
Let me ask you a return question - is it 1RU and has 10gbe SFP+ ports?
No?
It's not worth $799 then.

Don't pay more than $150 for a router
Second, buy that shit from MSY or UMart.

>chrome without an adblocker

>$799

Why?!

>total of the 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz
That's signal frequency, not the bandwidth, you moron.

>reading comprehension

I don't think other anons have been very clear.

This router WILL NOT improve your Internet connection speed AT ALL. The salesman was lying through his teeth. Your speed is limited by your distance from your telephone exchange and by wiring conditions.

The impressive wifi specs simply mean that data can be transferred quickly between different wi-fi devices connected to the router. This is nice if you run a home backup NAS or something, but it won't do a damn thing for your Internet speeds.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I assume there are no faster services available in your area?

I mean, saying it wont improve AT ALL, is simply bullshit, it certainly COULD improve his speeds, especially if he's using some piece of shit modem from a decade ago.

BUT, that doesn't mean it WILL improve his speeds, or if it does, it doesn't mean it will be significant.

ISP modems can be bad, but they're not /that/ bad. With that kind of download speed it is extremely unlikely that the CPM is a limiting factor. Can't magically raise the SNR of a long shitty line.

>ISP modems can be bad, but they're not /that/ bad

You'd be surprised, especially when people tend to just keep using the modem they've always been using, even if it's over a decade old.

OP here, the modem is a week old from Optus and the isn't any other options. I can't even purchase a cable line to my house

Probably taking advantage of people rushing to get a new modem for the NBN.

Attached: Screenshot_20180423-132031.png (1080x1920, 198K)

just buy a TM-1900AC on amazon for like 50 bucks and flash a new bios on it to make it into a 150 dollar one

800 dollars for a router , it's a joke?

Damn that's lousy. I was given an NBN modem from a family friend. The modem is contained within the power brick and like that Netgear the GUI is horrendous for a $150+ router.

AC wifi is already outdated

go get AD if you want top speed

>WiFi
>Wireless anything

Attached: 1520731429592.gif (500x375, 1.61M)

I literally came in here to say this

buy this:
amazon.com/dp/B075GYWPCJ
do this:
bayareatechpros.com/ac1900-to-ac68u/

Pretty comfy deal

>80$
>2mbps
Jesus fucking christ!
Shit like this makes me feel glad to be an Eastern Europoor.

Attached: 1518368619004.png (922x988, 106K)

>800 bucks
what the fuck

>paying 800 bucks for consumer grade trash

this is wrong, i had adsl @ 10 Mb/s for a long time

I updated my router firmware and I went from 100 kbps to 50 mbps.

2mbps ?? where the fuck do you live, Australia ??

>799$
wtf is wrong with people who buy this shit?

go here pcengines.ch/order.htm buy a board with the stuff you want on it, don't forget a matching case, install some bsd on and you're set. been using these for my routers & aps for years, nay decades. shit just works.

I feel bad for You aussies

If you have shit internet speeds its probably not gonna change much. the shitty supplied modems can handle faster speed its just the 800 year old internet infrastructure we have here in australia cant.
If you have cable in your area you might want to switch to that.

Vdsl boosts your connection only of you clost to the base station, like in 1km in wires.

100 mts.

Was it some cheap chink router?

Use whatever ISP gives you. That stuff is usually OK.