Drone deliveries and cybersecurity

Does anyone else think that these drone deliveries, which are planned, like almost all autonomous technology to be connected to the IoT by 5G is a 'unified system', is a really insecure idea?
I mean, it isn't exactly hard to crack, spoof; jam or just physically take down a drone.
I love insecurely delivering thousands of dollars worth of electronics.

Attached: delivery_drone.jpg (4740x2972, 1.62M)

my guess is they'll travel at a relatively high altitude other than when first taking off or delivery, making interception unlikely. I think the weather will be the biggest factor, and you'll see a lot more days of delayed delivery.

I think we're more likely to see self driving box trucks loaded with packages drive up in front of your house and then deploy a drone to ferry the package the short distance from the street to your door.

From what I've heard those currently (in test) only travel at a couple of hundred feet.

Seems pointlessly energy demanding.

A self-driving delivery truck would be way more efficient than trying to send out 1000's of drones each carrying individual packages. Have you ever flown or used a drone before? Battery life is very short on them, especially if you're trying to load them down with extra weight.

I meant, having a drone delivering it to your door from the truck. There's plenty of unemployed people.

Ah, yeah you're right but eventually those people will try to form a union and demand higher wages, better benefits, and a fucking pension instead of a matched-contribution 401k even if all they do is sit in a self-driving truck all day and carry packages to doorsteps. I'll bet self-driving delivery trucks paired with human package ferriers will come about first and after another 10-20 years, once drone technology matures and comes down in price, then the drones will replace the humans.

And then androids will replace the customers.

What is atrocious rash of 5G related paranoia lately?

>Let's connect every public, even some private devices onto this one, ever pervasive wireless network. Including those pieces of heavy autonomous machinery!
>So safe!
Certainly when IoT companies have been so extremely diligent with the cybersecurity on their devices... not!
>I like to scrape the 4-way from the WiFi toaster!
Genius, sheer genius. Let's complain about cybersecurity breeches, whilst giving them more access vectors, so smart.

>*breeches = breaches

Bump.

they could buy a bunch of warehouses in shit parts of the city, and just deliver in metropolitan areas. if there is anything to be more worried about it would be yokels shooting them down for fun.

That sounds pretty glorious. From duck hunting to drone hunting.

>I mean, it isn't exactly hard to crack, spoof; jam or just physically take down a drone.
Why should I care, if my skittles are late, I get free skittles.

>I mean, it isn't exactly hard to crack, spoof; jam or just physically take down a drone.
You haven't done any of these, you don't know how hard it is to do any of that.

>Why should I care, if my skittles are late, I get free skittles.
Why're you buying them online?

>You haven't done any of these, you don't know how hard it is to do any of that.
I know how to, I just don't want to break the law without reason to do so. You know, you can have knowledge, without using it, right?

>You know, you can have knowledge, without using it, right?
Sure, it's possible, but you don't have it.

>Why're you buying them online?
Because why would I phone in a delivery when I can use a mouse and not deal with incompetent faggots?

>I assume things about people on the Internet to fit in as a standard contrarian.
Goddam, you must be truly insufferable in the flesh.

This is very true, kudos.

It doesn't matter if there are losses as long as those losses cost less than the fleet of human drivers and expensive contracts with courier companies (plus the losses they already sometimes incur). That shouldn't be a hard target.

>Goddam, you must be truly insufferable in the flesh.
>t. reddit onions
You're not some ebin hackerman faggot, kill yourself and fuck off

>GPS spoofing is hard.
Lmao, now who's the clueless poser?

Ah, so it's one of those financial incentives, rather than a "practical solution"?

You are literally a braindead moron. Please stick to fizzbuzz.

>Offers literally no argument.
>user can't even into script kiddie, so starts arguments in up-until-then civil threads just to improve his self-esteem and lessen his inadequacies.
Go to bed, little guy.

they can be foiled with fishing line, it wont happen