Be Australian

>Be Australian

Attached: speed.png (1126x256, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2680505
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please, repeat the operation using this.

Thanks in advance.

Attached: 30595327_399923973810610_5936170159176679424_o.jpg (1120x599, 54K)

>tfw xfinity

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 1.17.30 PM.png (1320x510, 90K)

Where are you? How far are you from the server you are using for the test?

comcast is highly dependent on location.

Attached: comcast 2gbps.jpg (958x1082, 161K)

>TFW A FUCKING TERABYTE LIMIT

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 1.17.32 PM.png (390x74, 11K)

check your monthly GB usage limit bro. it's well hidden. and you don't get those speeds. thats the "maximum possible." I top out at like 75mbps on a hardline for 150mbps. I've tried calling and technicians, im just gonna live with it.

Lol, the 2gbps speeds is a direct 2gbps fiber line to your house.

And it's actually 3gbps (2gbps on a fiber drop with its own static IP address, and another 1gbps on an ethernet drop with ANOTHER static IP address)

And no, Comcast only has a data cap in certain regions. And even if your region DOES have a data cap, signing up for the 1gbps or 2gbps plan automatically exempts you from the data cap.

Attached: 2018-01-19 11_41_38.png (1156x1003, 50K)

aww yeh mate
strewth
we gotta go to bendigo,
cunt

>tfw I only pay €30/month for this

Attached: fiber.png (762x302, 41K)

>tfw getting NBN next month

and before someone starts shitting on the NBN, anything is an upgrade from my current speeds. The NBN is shit compared to other first world countries but I've had third world internet for the past 5 years.

Attached: 1499621626413.jpg (1024x1024, 76K)

>tfw lived in tasmania and got nbn in 2010, gigabit internet
>parents moved and I had to come
>been stuck in FN regional queensland the past 2 years
feels awful being a neet

I've said it many times, but I'll say it again - it is absolutely downright criminal how bad the government have fucked up the NBN, and the level of corruption involved is beyond comprehension.

In a short 5 year period, the government has basically ensured that Australia will forever be about 5 years behind the curve.

>one if the best places in the world to live
>gorgeous country in all aspects, possibly the second most beautiful place in the world after New Zealand
>tourist destination for literally everyone
>very low unemployment rate
>excellent education
>excellent salaries
>first world living in *almost** all aspects, except one...
>...bad internet
>OMG MOAR LEIK AUSFAILIA AMIRITE!

>NBN brochures coming in the mail
>not even twice as fast as current broadband
>ONLY 250GB costs 20AUD more than current unlimited
>forced to change within 1 year of opening service
thanks Turncuck

Data caps? In current year?
What the fuck.

>tfw oregonian
Glad I dropped Xfinity like the sack of shit it is for Frontier.

who else /fast/ here? :^)

Attached: fasst.png (798x306, 45K)

Can make just about anywhere sound nice when you put it that way

reality is that australia has a lot of issues. sure its not 3rd world tier stuck in war type shit but theres a lot of government corruption. chinese influence is pushing the housing market to the limit, nbn is simply a major fuck up thanks to media involvement from murdoch, and wages are stagnating to all fuck while power prices, car registration, and everything rises by 20% every year. the only thing keeping the economy going is massive immigration from india china pakistan and the rest of the middle east and sub saharan africa. the place is turning into a banana republic and the government want to make a quick dollar and sell us down the river to china. meanwhile, infrastructure cant keep up with growth of sydbourne and were going into 2018 with traffic and public transport congestion in both cities as bad as los angeles which is four times the population of sydney

i hope that australia is just going through a rough patch and we have a government change soon that will be more sensible in time, because at our current trajectory we'll be slipping off the deep end in the next 50 years. if youre a young professional, get out of australia while you can and move to either canada or the united states, far more on offer there and while the us is pretty fucked if you dont make a lot of money, the quality of life on a middle income there will afford you a far better lifestyle than what can be had in australia.

Answer, you clown

I've honestly stopped using fixed line broadband at this point and just using my phone internet.

Attached: 20180423_183904.jpg (1440x1492, 189K)

yeah thats what some of my mates do

it's probably because of all those spiders that are stealing your internet

It’s the emus

>speaking for all of Australia

lol fuck off cunt. Retards like you ruin the country

>be Australia n
>sjw/PC politics get millions to fund sjw/PC shows on public broadcast, even comedy is sjw/PC.

>be in japan
>with a 100mbit cable coming out of the wall on a connection shared with 19 other apartments
It's better during the day, when they're all at work.
I have no idea what our combined capability is. At least 1Gbit I would say.

Attached: 7251055016.png (350x200, 21K)

Oh and here is your full result.

Attached: 7249982057.png (350x200, 21K)

To be fair all Australian TV is trash anyway. I don't even know anyone who watches it except to make fun of its poor quality.

We got Charter here in Medford. no caps but terrible speeds. 80/10 is like 100$/mo

100/100 for $70 here in the Silicon Forest. Their speeds were better than Cumcast for a while, and their network is still superior.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

>be me
>pay 69zł (currency of Poland) - about 20$ per month for a real fiber
>600/60mbps down/up

Will Aussiefags ever recover?

Attached: Screenshot_20180423-125507.png (1080x2040, 145K)

>tfw fucking 15/1 converted for 38USD

Attached: 1521408281743.jpg (325x346, 14K)

>be in Japan
>live in an apartment
>don't have shit internet
See how easy it is?

Attached: speedtest.jpg (779x319, 45K)

america would be better off with data caps and you know it

Can we all come to the collective agreement that TrustPower, is fucking dogshit?

Attached: file.png (350x200, 21K)

>Be ausfag
>100mbit downloads at work 1km down the road
>6-12mb at home. NBN still not installed and 6km away from Perth CBD

Perth City is a fucking shit show of different installations. Legit on one side of the street is fiber to the node. The other is fiber to the curb. Then some suburbs have fiber to the house.

All to save about $1-2000 per house. I'd rather have an increased tax levy then have shit internet desu.

I'm getting it in June. I'm in the same boat with speed. Even the base 12mbps would be better than my current speed.

Makes you feel bad for geriatrics who will need to pay at least $40 for a measly 12 mbps/100gb limit. Plus they also lose their phone line eventually.

>sfr
fucking cuck

>Be Australian

Mate I don't even live in the city

Attached: 1514449617092.png (350x200, 15K)

>Be Australian

Attached: 7249551226.png (350x200, 19K)

>47.51/17.60
>115.55/4.45
>both "Faster than 93% of AU"

FIVE UP haHAA

Is more than suitable for what I do

5 times faster than mine

Mostly because people just go with 12 mbps when the NBN launches their area.

Could be worse. You could killed by a snake, scorpion, bee, wasp, shark, crocodile, koala,emu, kangaroo, centipede, jellyfish, stonefish or any other of the 1250 animals that can kill you in that god forsaken land.

Attached: 2.png (745x483, 945K)

Canadian here. I thought Australians had a low tolerance for this kind of bullshit, and "fuck off cunt poofter" was about as common a phrase as "no worries". Apparently I was wrong.

When I got the NBN I knew it was still gonna be shit compared to other 1st worlders but fuck it was WAY better than the trash we had before. Could finally download things on PS4 without leaving the console on overnight as well.

There is a divide. You either get someone who doesn't give much of a shit or someone who cares a great deal about the most insignificant of things. Unfortunately our media only cares about the latter.

Thank God I'm not.

Attached: Screenshot_20180419093129_01.jpg (1080x1301, 282K)

There was a great video I saw where some bloke went overseas to Europe and the US and offered strangers internet plans that were at Australian speeds and prices. They all thought he was a scamming fucknut and told him to piss off lol

>funnyandsad.jpg

>speedlets

Attached: file.png (515x127, 17K)

What's a poofter?

>You either get someone who doesn't give much of a shit or someone who cares a great deal about the most insignificant of things. Unfortunately our media only cares about the latter.
Sounds like [literally any other country in the world].

Attached: unity.png (678x472, 18K)

faggot

just looked up when they are going to be installing NBN in my area and its going to be in 2020 and even then its only going to be FTTC

Well yeah our country has always put a considerable amount of effort into emulating the west.

Here's hoping you have >8mpbs

>Be Australian

>overpaying for meme company
>actually doing a speedtest on meme company, despite they're warning to never use speedtest, since it "Hurts their network"
If you think I'm kidding, I've got news for you.
forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2680505
Nice downstream, shame about the cost, upstream, having to use Telstra modem and likely a bundle with Foxtel.

FTTC is fine, just upgrade later - it's a whole $300 for FTTC to upgrade to FTTP. (Not like FTTN where it can be anwhere from $5k to $200k)
Not like you'll need to upgrade immediately anyway, FTTC will do 100/40 no problems to 100% of households and until NBNco actually get off their shitheels and release a real 1000mbps service (not just 10x 100/40 services bonded on FTTP - which is what MR is doing in Woolongong)

Attached: not too bad.png (625x233, 28K)

Thanks for the info on FTTC. Something to look forward to in 2 years I guess.

Embarrassing for both ISPs. MR is just one of those shit ISPs with shit service that some people get lucky enough on while Aussie BB buy enough CVC that people are happy to over-pay and go on to insist that people should be paying extra to get a good enough service. Meanwhile you have a bunch of ISPs in the middle just fucking around taking your money until the ACCC temporarily whips them into shape because their service is less than acceptable. You just can't win because they're all out to fuck you over.

With the recent cuts to bandwidth costs from NBNCo, I'm not overpaying at all
We spend 79 dollars a month for unlimited 50/20

Granted, There is brand loyaltee here, Since I've had a more personal relationship with their senior staff.
That and I can get real answers from their tech instead of some PR jargon when I ask.

But honestly, use whatever works for you, which I believe you're really satisfied with what you get.
But well both should know that most mainstreams ISPs are out there looking for profit over service quality

Attached: 1497560503160.png (960x300, 42K)

How is this even legal.
Seriously, like how do they get away with this shit.

Why aren't You at work during the day? You a neet?

>the best place in the world to live
>gorgeous country in all aspects, the most beautiful place in the world second to none
>tourist destination for literally everyone AND their grandma
>very low unemployment rate
>shit education just like every other state-schooling system
>the highest GDP in the world
>first world in literally all aspects
>.... muh net neutrality redditors
>OMG MOAR LIEK UNITED STATES OF TRUMP AMIRITE!

Look at this mad americlap paying 150 USD for his 10/1 line

>It's impossible to run things at home, whilst at work.
windows plebs should leave.

>impying

>50/20
>79 dollars a month
>not overpaying
Stockholm syndrome at work, everyone. I live in Canada. Canada has shit internet and exorbitant prices compared to parts of the US or Europe. Bearing in mind that that Canadian and Australian dollars are nearly at par right now, consider this: I pay 90 dollars a month for 150/150.

>tfw have to go over to nbn in next few months and enjoy the slower speed and congestion.
Going to suck as I currently have no slowdown issues on old hfc network. Sits at 115mbps at all times of the day even peak and weekend. Going to miss it but hopefully won't lose a lot of speed. Due for nbn over hfc as well.

Attached: Screenshot_20180405-102056.png (1080x1920, 98K)

Yes, I am, since you're clearly clueless.

>implying

How much quota do you have? Cellular is usually fairly expensive for even a modest amount.

I'm paying $30/month for 100/100 from Verizon. However I'm not getting advertised speeds. On wireless, even when I'm standing 1 inch from the router, I'm getting 26 down/ 55 up.

Should I just call Verizon and bitch? I'm using my router as opposed to theirs if that makes a difference. Router is a Linksys WRT 1200AC

5ghz?

Verizon doesn't give 2 shits about your wifi speeds, they're not selling you wifi speeds, their selling you 100mbps WAN.

Anything beyond the ONT is your network. I guarantee your ONT is getting 100mbps, probably more.

As the other user said, no ISP is advertising wifi speeds. Your wifi speeds are highly dependent on not only the router you're using, but the device you're using to connect to the router, and your local wireless spectrum and possible spectrum interference. Further, there are any number of configuration settings on your router that you could have fucked with that your ISP has no control over.

tldr; if you have shitty wifi speed, it's probably your own fault, you're probably just too dumb to know better.