Laptop Recommendations?

>powerful enough hardware to decode and transcode high quality 4K video files without issue
>SSD with slot for HDD
>HDMI
>Ideally $500-$600
Don't care about anything else. Can anyone recommend me anything?

Attached: IMG_1215.jpg (600x674, 199K)

no such laptop exists
hardware decoding is only there on 7th+ gen gpus and those alone cost like $400 when you want quad core ones

Pay more or accept less. $600 isn't getting you 4K hardware decode.

Ok so what's the problem? I can get 7th gen

HAHFHAHFHAHFHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH TRANSCODING 4K WITHOUT ANY ISSUE

ON A LAPTOP

IM CRYING BRO YOU'RE GONNA BE EDITING IN PREMIERE AT 1/4 QUALITY THEN SENDING THE PROJECT TO A DESKTOP TO USE ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER TO ENCODE FOR H.265

NO WAY IN HELL UR GONNA GET THAT

BUY A MACBOOK PRO 15" REFURBISHED SO YOU AT LEAST GOT 4GB OF VRAM AND CAN RUN ADOBE ON A GOOD SCREEN AND GET A THUNDERBOLT 3 TO HDMI

THUNDERBOLT THE FUTURE

BUILD A GODDAMN DESKTOP FOR RENDERING.

I got an Acer E15-575 for $509 last year, really wonderful laptop with exceptionally better than expected Linux support despite the Nvidia GPU, plays back everything due to HW decoding on the 7th Gen Intel chip and ticks all your categories

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy81MjEyL2cvYWNlci1hc3BpcmUtZTE1LWU1LTU3NS01N2Q0 (775x500, 43K)

Maybe I used wrong choice of words, I didn't know "hardware decode" was something different. I just meant I want to be able to play 4K movies smoothly. And perhaps transcode (ie: use Handbrake to cut clips, edit soundtracks, etc)

7th gen doesn't matter all rendering is done thru the GPU and 4K requires fucking power, and literally, your laptop will die within a year or 2 if you're transcoding video. it just kills the machine

Attached: 1443823060619.jpg (480x360, 22K)

remember everyone
>sage
>hide
>report

Oh yea, that Acer def. can playback perfectly but transcoding won't be as effective as a desktop GPU

bro playing back 4K movies is not a problem. transcoding is entireley different. then go buy a PC shittop and build a desktop.

Attached: IMG_1675.jpg (620x623, 94K)

Ok fine fuck transcoding, I'll use it for playing movies only.

Looks solid

This website is 18+.

that's great to hear! yea unfortunately (pardoning everyone else here) it is not viable to do that on a semi-budget laptop for a reasonable output, and should much rather be done on a desktop, but other than that, my recc. and hopefully anyone else's around that range should suffice your early requirements. I wish you the best user!

>better than expected Linux support despite the Nvidia GPU
why? What's wrong with nvidia GPU?

I render 4k on i5 with am intel chipset

gay

Oh you know the usual, first you need to get the BIOS updated to bypass nouveau warnings (can't fully disable the card) then depending on your distro you'd go with a bumblebee or an optimus or a PRiME or an LDM solution that also hopefully has decent drivers that are updated (kek @ openSUSE official Nvidia) and you'd be on the way. Nothing inheritantly wrong but I just use Intel as it works great and I don't game / produce on it anyway

Build a laptop.
It's possible. Look into it.

ryzen 2500u

Ok I'll try to look for intel then to avoid that if possible

I want a new laptop but I don't know shit about computers?
I have 700$ to my name.
I could save up to l