What do you guys think is the best 140mm AIO cpu watercooler that works with AM4?

what do you guys think is the best 140mm AIO cpu watercooler that works with AM4?

Attached: 51IuF+TkJ8L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/3P2rxr/cooler-master-masterliquid-ml120l-rgb-667-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-mlw-d12m-a20pc-r1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NH-U14s or D-15s. Same performance, zero chance of pump failure. Unless you are space constricted, those two do the job with low rpms, just like a 140mm aio will.

this, aio is a meme

caselet here. pump noise fucking sucks. i regret everything.

140mm aio is shite, do not bother.

>best
>140mm AIO
none of them
get an air cooler or at least a 240mm. AIO's are a meme in general but

Watched my friend oc his 8600k to 5.0 with a shitty aio and it hit 80c in pub g. Was sad to see honestly

Unless you delid, that's pretty much going to happen on any cooler.
jewgoo is shit.

idk if im retarded but my min temp with that aio 240mm vers. is 30 C and spikes to like 55 C at stock.
Maybe i should add aftermarket thermal paste (it came with crap preapplied i think)

They're all made by the same company and only differ in looks. Replace the fan no matter how bad it is because it can't be good.

To be fair, Arctic Makes a fantastic 120mm aio. Due entirely to it being 45mm thick and having 2 120mm fans. still swap the fans.

Fuck all of you I am getting fantastic temps with my Kraken X42 and I have my 1700 running at 3.9 all day.

Those small AIOs aren't much better than 120mm tower coolers

>Kraken X42
You paid $160 for a single 140mm AIO?

Using cooler master v6gt since 2012
Still work great
Only fans broken
Replace it, done. No need open everything.

115 on sale. It had to be a single fan, as I have Venturi HF14 fans as my intake, and the top mount on my case was a bit to shallow for a radiator, so it had to go on the back.

That's still a horrible price

Not really. I didn't want to compromise on my airflow, I like my case, and I wanted a gen 5 pump. Pair that with great aesthetics, and its quite competitive.

A $40 120mm AIO would give you basically the same performance

No way. I had a $60 240 on my old setup and the temps were notably higher. While the pump was quiet, this one is inaudible.

Is that the same CPU?

No, but i5 8400 at base was a couple degrees hotter than the Ryzen 7 1700 OC'd to 3.9

So you had a 240mm AIO on an i5 8400

and now have a 140mm AIO on the R7 1700?

Yes.

The i5 8400 has elmer's glue for the IHS TIM, the Ryzen CPU has a 15-20 degree advantage just from the soldered IHS.

I also had the 240 front mounted and cooling actively whereas I have the 140 on the back cooling passively.

AIOs may initially give you better temps, but they're noisy as fuck (instead of just the fan, you've got the fan at the same speed and the pump that must be always at 100%), don't last as long (for the same price, any air cooler will outlast at least 3:1, after some time it just stops cooling because of air bubbles and deteriorated additives) and has at least 5 possible failure points instead of just one.

Good AIOs are silent. If you have a half decent mobo and a handfull of brain cells none of this is true.

AIO sucks and the pump can't be replaced. A proper heatsink/fan is good enough for 5ghz 8700K or 4.3ghz 2700X

Single 140mm aio age not good.
And that doesn't change any of the other issues of aio

AIO suck the pump is too small so it makes too much noise.

isn't this mitigated by higher voltages required for the same niggaherz?

Ive been using an H60 for 3 years, no issues.

Attached: drp3.jpg (256x256, 14K)

Name a failure point of air cooling, faggot

I hope you're trolling lmao. Getting a single 120/140mm AIO is autistic

Well the fan. Tho the cooler will still work, just not as well

fan, duh

Most AIOs use aluminum frames and steel screws. I've haid two Corsair AIOs and both ended up with screw holes looser than your sister's vagoogoo.
When asked Corsair for support/RMA they told me to go fuck myself with a cactus.

Sounds painful and hot at the same time

Now give me (5) five possible failure points for using AIO

>Fan
>Pump
>Any of the 4 joints
>Any of the 2 tubes
I believe that makes it 8

Ryzen is also more effecient per core, so some addd voltage won't matter

In pure gaming less than half the R7 1700 is going to be used as well

Basically that guy fell for the meme and wasted a lot of money.

water blocks and radiator can leak too
also corrosion

I was considering running a custom loop (AIO is normie shit) as the big boy air coolers are so beefy that i can't see my custom gpu backplate.
The dilemma.

Attached: U5duAq2CatCr3Z7WL3cAnnAcbATN62t_1680x8400.jpg (918x918, 79K)

I wanna get a EK 240g kit to avoid hassle and save money while getting relatively decent loop at the same time

Attached: 1524171147967.jpg (514x536, 56K)

small AIOs are a waste of time, look it up. Just use a low profile sink which will be better in every way.
you can make arguments for 240+mm rads but less than that is utterly pointless.

>muh failure points
fuck off parrots every modern AIO has a 5 year factory guarantee + adjustable speeds. they make almost no noise but a good fan will still be quieter.
fans will also wear out over those 5 years. fan bearings top the RMA lists.

Not bad, but the reservoir could be bigger.

Attached: 15220192_1005404332898703_1987435196632954687_n.jpg (851x315, 61K)

I'm also looking for a ryzen AIO watercooler, except for a cheapo one since i'm already over budget
any experience with this? uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/3P2rxr/cooler-master-masterliquid-ml120l-rgb-667-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-mlw-d12m-a20pc-r1
it's only £44 so not too expensive.

Attached: bv1f9do7esky.png (1600x1200, 1.7M)

I put the 240mm white version of this AIO on my 1800x and it works great, its fairly quiet.

Patrician OS.