AM4: 10C/12C RYZEN imminent

>The amount of “overkill” power delivery capabilities on high-end X470 boards would suggest plans to support higher power consumption components from AMD.
gamersnexus.net/guides/3289-gigabyte-x470-gaming-7-vrm-thermal-benchmarks

Oh no no

Attached: 0fd4836257f54a94b1cdb37b84c7708b_XL.jpg (1200x717, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VEUG9d4Mjug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrong.
Even if it were slightly true, it'd be 12c, since 10c is impossible for Ryzen.

Neither 10c nor 12c will happen because that would be a threadripper

Is there even enough space in AM4 for the CPUs to have more than 8 cores at 12nm? AMD had to remove 4 cores for the iGPU ones, right? Maybe a cache increase or something would be possible.

>because that would be a threadripper
32c coming.

there is enough space, it will go up to ~140w though

I think he meant that it won't fit on a die

2700x die size is literally the same to 1800x.

because everyone wants to remake whole assembly line for a refresh.

Nah, I bet they just mended a few flaws Zen had like XFR and latency and just moved on to perfecting Zen2.
Prepare your asses for 6-8 core 3600x and 10-12 core 3700x at 5GHz next year.

what a shit speculation
It could be about 6-8 core APU with beefier Vega or nothing at all.

>at 5GHz
hah, water cooled?

youtube.com/watch?v=VEUG9d4Mjug

Die size here

A 10C would fit on the PCB just fine

Given Intel is entering housefire territory trying to compete I think Ryzen will be fine

there is no die space for 2 CCXs and a Vega part on AM4

It's probably going to be a 4.2+ Ghz base clock part.

Keep in mind they still lack a 500$ part in their line up and this is probably what it's going to be.

This is only going to end in two ways for me.
Either
1. My X370 motherboard supports 10C/12C with a bios update, which would be fucking awesome.
2. Going to 10C/12C requires me to sell my 1700x and x370 at a loss and spending another fortune for x470/x490, which would really really piss me off.

Anyone with a first gen ryzen 7 and an X370 motherboard has already won. You can easily sell the ryzen7 at a reasonable price as there were enough tards out there that bought ryzen5 or ryzen3 instaed of ryzen7 and looking for an upgrade now that prices have come down a bit (and their wallets have filled up).
Just by a 2700X oder 2800X (which is probably going to be a highly clocked octa core at around 400-500 dollars).

Bullshitnexus....
Highend am3+ bloards could keep up with fx 95xx cpus which had 220 watt tdp.
Same with z299 or z270 top tier motherboards for shintelaviv.
All of those are overclocking motherboards and most of them have features for ln2 cooling.
Nice clickbait.

1700x costed 455 USD at launch in my country. 2700x costs more than the 8700K currently and most people are still going with the 8700k here. I'll be lucky if I can find someone to take it off my hands for $225 which is the current price for the 2600

I'll bite the bullet and take the hit if the 10c/12c Ryzens work in the x370, but I can't justify buying another $200 or higher motherboard on top of that if the 10c/12c Ryzens don't work in x370, especially since I've only had my current setup for about an year.

I think it's more likely they'll just relinquish the crown again once 8C coffee lake hits and concentrate on getting the full Zen 2/Ryzen 3rd generation out rather than trying to rush out a 2800x. The power delivery improvements are likely just in anticipation of Zen 2 anyway.

Watch the video the vrm is retarded

>Highend am3+ bloards could keep up with fx 95xx cpus which had 220 watt tdp.
*Only* high-end AM3+ boards could keep up with them. You know, the ones that were made specifically to be able to keep up with them.

Why not if it's possible?

There's nothing stopping a dual die solution ala the Core 2 Quad days so long as there's enough power delivery and cooling.

This makes sense even with threadripper too. TR already has only 2 of it's 4 dies switched on, nothing stopping AMD from just changing their minds on that.

16 core AM4 and 32 core TR4 chips incoming

I wouldn't be shocked if mobo manufactures were privy to amds lineup or at least their plans for the entirety of am4's life.

the 7nm ryzen has a few different ways it could be done, but lets not get into those here because it creates autism among idiots, needless to say amd is either going to split the cpu into desktop and server variants, or zen2 is going to have a 12 core vis 3 ccx or 6 core ccx due to pnas for a 48 core cpu, I cant confirm as I dont have the die but there may be a 64 core plan too, which would mean an 8 core ccx or 4ccxes

this is shit that amd has known of for a long time, so it's entirely possible that mb manufactures were privvy and are making motherboards with higher then the current high end in mind due to the motherboards being supported till 2020

If I wanted a server-tier cpu I would buy proper server grade equipment.

Attached: 1429728518136.jpg (248x252, 33K)

Potential brainlet here, wouldn't moving to 7nm allow them to fit more cores on the die?

Nice blog but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

>what is Threadripper (+)
won't be on AM4 fuckboi

>Intlel concernposting
Mind your own, slime

7nm stuff maybe
they planned the shit out of this socket to work on everything

because it will be 7nm AM4

>Nice blog but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

>>Nice blog but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
>Nice blog but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

D-DELIDD THIS,GOYIM!

Attached: t.JUSTnich.png (1002x1480, 1.25M)

I don't know how good 8 core coffee lake will actually be, my concern is that the thing will be clocked lower or pull tremendous amounts of power and produce an ungodly amount of heat. The other concern is cost/value.
I'm sure you could overclock an 8core coffee lake to 4.8-5ghz but if you need to delid, have a very beefy mobo, and a custom water loop with huge rads, would it be worth it? You'd be adding $700 of extra cost easily compared to a 2700X. Then again the halo effect is real, people see 5.1ghz OCed golden sample 8700Ks in reviews that hardly mention the crazy cooling and other shit you need (including luck) to get that OC. They go out buying 8700Ks to pair with a 1070 and 1080p 60HZ monitor and think they got a good balanced system.

>ryzen5
I wouldn't call them tards, IMHO 1600(x) is pretty comfy

>500, 600 bucks
>fortune
If that's a fortune you shiuldnt be spending that much on a motherboard and CPU when the same brand offers much cheaper options that are good for 99% users. Even the 1700 was much more economical than the 1700x and the 1600x even more so with better top frequency

t. intel idiot

This could be a real problem for Intel since AMD's lower end x470 boards could support extremely highend CPU's

Attached: 000000045.png (653x726, 84K)

>*Only* high-end AM3+ boards could keep up with them. You know, the ones that were made specifically to be able to keep up with them.

Lol my Gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud7 revision 1 was not designed for the FX9590 but could handle it just fine. Still runs after 4 years with all cores on 5.1Ghz.

With the power it wasted in those 4 years compared to if you had just run a regular 8350, you'd have saved up for a top Ryzen system.

lol I think you highly overestimate the cost of electricity where I live. Besides I already have a top Ryzen system. Well I had a top tier Ryzen system until the release of the 2700x.

It doesn't change the fact that it was literally wasting power, unless you were purposefully using it to heat up your room

There is only a 27 USD difference between the 2700 and 2700x here and a 118 usd difference between a 2600x and a 2700x.
It would be stupid to go for the non X and I need the threads, if I had the money for a threadripper I wouldn't be on Ryzen.

Probably a 2700x with a Vega chip with HBM on the side.

>i9 won't happen because that'll be a xeon

There's enough physical space on the package for it. The problems would be power delivery, heat and number of pins.

Attached: ryzen-solder-lid.jpg (700x455, 40K)

Yes, they're just playing retard.
Also, it would be 24C threadripper since 12C Ryzen would mean 6+6 CCX and TR4 has 4x CCX.
But this also mean 48C EPYC, if true.
Plus the expected 5Ghz.