The illuminati one world government comes into power

The illuminati one world government comes into power.

they are deciding on one type of power point to use throughout the world.

which is the one to use and why? does the pattern shape really matter in the first place?

Attached: 1524491846292.jpg (700x681, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_arc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60906-1
youtu.be/UEfP1OKKz_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anything that's grounded.

Except that British crap, their plugs are fatter than American women, and the fuse in them is redundant

Australian here. how come none of the other ones have switches?

doesn't that mean your stuff is always live?

isn't it dangerous plugging shit in without turning the switch off.

Attached: 1524441021547.gif (480x244, 3.83M)

The UK ones do have switches

Attached: Click polar PRW036 Twin Double Pole Switched Socket.jpg (500x325, 38K)

>implying swiss/brazil is not the master plug

>isn't it dangerous plugging shit in without turning the switch off.
what kind of ghetto wiring do you have jesus christ

also, fuck the swiss and the italian ones. I mean, everybody and their dog around you uses the EU ones, just switch your shit already.

They should use something like speakon connectors

>doesn't that mean your stuff is always live?
yes, generally
>isn't it dangerous plugging shit in without turning the switch off.
I don't see why it would be.

Swiss/brazillian type.

>grounded
>thin
>plug actually fits inside the socket, making it impossible to something get in contact with the pins

>tfw you start imaging that each country's plug shape is the average shape of the face of a person from that country

>china/australia is the only one with switches at the sockets

swissfag here
why would we downgrade to something inferior?

Having per device fuses is useful as each device can be individually fused to the safe and correct amperage, and faults that result in a blown fuse are restricted to that one device. Essentially, it's a safer and more modular system than per-supply fuses.

I don't know, I've just always been told to flick the switch off before changing plugs

have I been memed my whole life?

I'm going to try it in the morning. Sur win not going to fuck my shit up if I switch plugs without flicking the switch off?

Attached: 11019932_233502981000_2.jpg (731x1024, 79K)

The third one.

If the plug or socket is damaged, having always live contacts mean that it may be the case that you can touch with your fingers a live current. You don't have to use socket switches, you can always leave them on, but it gives you more options and is safer for a number of reasons.

the majority of the planet does not have switches on their power plugs, so you're probably not going to die

>benevolent world government
schuko or french socket, snug, secure, can touch the ground pin to ground yourself at any time, solid, near-unbreakable plugs, often cross-compatible with both types
>malevolent
british, swiss or italian

Thanks for making me spill my drink after giggling at this, moron

>>have I been memed my whole life?
It's probably either just folklore or something that companies put a warning on electrical products about because the lawyers are trying to cover all possible bases. You won't blow anything up. If that was any risk at all they wouldn't have designed the plug that way, because someone would be burning down their house every week through forgetting to switch off before plugging in.

As long as I'm complaining, my dad won't leave the coffee maker or the toaster plugged in when its not turned on because he's convinced that leaving it plugged in is somehow dangerous, because otherwise why would the manual have ever told him to do that? The fact that he leaves the television, the washing machine, and many other appliances plugged in seems not to conflict with this in his mind.

np m8!

Mountain jew and huehue is the only answer.
It's safe, it's simple so it's cheap to manufacture.

Fuses are easier to change if not inside a plug. In my opinion.

the choice is obvious

Attached: Screenshot_20180423-162827_Chan Burauza.jpg (285x416, 60K)

>They develop new socket.
>Make it standard
>People don't like it
>Civil wars.

obviously the third one

Are we discussing currents at this point? Because 600 volts DC would reduce transmission losses and power supply complexity everywhere. Since we have a safe universal outlet, nobody's gonna stick a knife in it.

Plugging a load into a live plug can create a little arch of current.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_arc

The same happnes if for example you unplug a heater or something with high power (>2kW). If there is current flowing at that moment, you will surely see a spark when unplugging. Is it hazardous? I don't know.

>One is positive and the other is ground.
What's the third one?

Attached: file.png (800x450, 142K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180423-163150_Chan Burauza.jpg (274x334, 48K)

looks like someones about to charge their nintendo switch

I used to have a laptop PSU that did that, too. No danger involved.

data mining

>tfw Eastern European
>old houses still have Soviet type schukos without any grounding at all

On another note, French schukos are retarded. Who thought the socket having a cock was a good idea?

Attached: 1468806685347.jpg (500x666, 101K)

Puting a male connector forces the socket to always be connected on the same side. Maybe to always distinguish live and neutral? Just asking.

I don't really see that point of that. I know American plugs do that, but why?

almost every 3 pin plug works like that, except for italy, because italy has autism

>Is it hazardous?
Generally not but the arcing will wear down the contacts over time.

>600 volts DC would reduce transmission losses
You know why we use AC, right?

the israel one is upside down and the holes are actually round obviously the best one since its simple and not autistic ,looking at one right not.
kraut\french one is just autism tier , why the fuck isnt this shit standardized ? are all nations secretly influenced by adapter merchants ?

If your country is not in the blue, you are inferior.

Attached: 1498303916464.png (1236x1245, 54K)

maybe he wants everyone to have a big rectifier in their house or something

As an American I feel the Swiss one is probably the easiest to use in the dark so I'd say that.

The German, South Korea, EU one ofcourse

Smallest one that has a ground, so north america wins.

> which is the one to use and why?
Brazilian / Swiss - or rather the marginally different IEC standard.

> does the pattern shape really matter in the first place?
Yes, it affects when exactly the plug unplugs and whether anything breaks in the process.

Also affects how easy you can casually plug the plug in without looking, and whether at any time there is an electrical contact while you still have any real chance of having your fingers anywhere near the pins.

And how much material you lug around when you transport goods your your appliances.

Also, how easy it is to replace plugs and sockets. Pic related, even a replacement plug that only uses screws is still compact and easy to assemble with the South African / Swiss / Brazilian plug type.

This should have been the EU standard, but the EU representatives fucked this up. I guess it's not as fun to decide "annoying" changes that "only" will have effects after x years where you might no longer be in office, eh.

Attached: steffen_t12.jpg (1000x1000, 189K)

The Swiss plugs are designed for safety, ease of use, and using only as much space as necessary.

I don't really see why you would ever want to use anything else, especially not retarded shit like flat outlets that expose you to potentially dangerous currents or shit that doesn't properly ground your connection.

Attached: swiss.jpg (2306x1353, 619K)

I fucking hate UK plugs. Shit's bulk.

Here's how you wire one of these up. Different manufacturers got small differences, but it's generally this. Strain relief on the main cable and then you just screw the other cables in. At least the outer two pins generally can be popped out of the socket and back in for ease of assembly.

Attached: swiss_t12_wiring.jpg (474x355, 15K)

The one that has DRM built into the plug so that the one world government can revoke your right to use subversive appliances or restrict your electricity consumption to certain hours.

The American one because everything made in America is better.

swiss
the only problem with it is that since it is so compact it's kinda annoying to use if the equipment uses one of those PSUs that are directly on top of the plug like in the image
since the illuminati are in power, I guess we can tell the manufacturers to stop doing that shit

Attached: 1506332704140.jpg (200x150, 5K)

Italian. Compact and works, also compatible with shucko

one is active ("positive"), one is neutral ("ground"), the third is an extra ground that is directly wired to the casing of any product that is metal e.g. washing machine, PC, toaster.
the idea being that if the chinkshit manufacturing standards cause the active to somehow come loose and touch the case it will flow out to the extra ground and short the breaker rather than waiting to go through the first person to touch it

Swiss/Brazil is superior in every way.

Attached: tomada-bipolar-padro-brasil-10a-fk-512-nbr-14136-1-638.jpg (638x903, 88K)

Blue here. I fucking hate euro plugs, they're so stiff you have to use two hands just to unplug them.

Attached: baixo-relevo.jpg (313x558, 23K)

The smiley face one

The plug in the image is an europlug though. These are actually worse in almost every regard - positioning, plugging / unplugging and the robustness of the pins, it's all worse.

Of course some compact sockets / power rail may be arranged the wrong way so you got some obstructed ports if you use a PSU directly. The answer is generally just using a power rail (pic semi-related, you can have rails with sockets in either orientation or even diagonal as compromise) or a male-female extension cord.

Attached: swiss_power_rail_master_slave.jpg (934x113, 23K)

No, europlugs are way fatter. Or at least it looks a lot like a swiss plug from that angle. And yeah, it's more of a problem when the rail is compact or the equipment psu is big, it's just that I don't have any real complaint with the swiss system outside of that.

Attached: 1514775269159.jpg (1152x648, 63K)

you got the israeli one upside down

Do they have Jew sockets in Palestine?

i use it and it's very nice

> No, europlugs are way fatter.
No. The pins are a little thinner and usually easier to bend (particularly the sleeved ones). The overall dimensions are a little larger on the swiss plug, mainly due to the third pin.

The IEC design however shaved off a few mm, so it'd be better if we just adapted that across the world.

> And yeah, it's more of a problem when the rail is compact or the equipment psu is big
I see. Well, yea, but I don't think we can make two PSU overlap the same physical space no matter the plug.

Power rails and / or sockets that have a perpendicular arrangement or extension male->female cords with a straight plug are really basically the next best thing possible, simply gives the PSU a bit more space.

Attached: extension_cord_t12.jpg (670x670, 37K)

Another one of these. Designed to give such PSU a bit more space & to power them one group each.

Attached: power_rail_offset.jpg (460x244, 34K)

Can confirm, I have a charger that requires a shitty chink-made US->AU adapter. It doesn't have enough pin volume to make decent contact, so it occasionally arcs if you move it around too much.

Pic related.

Attached: IMG_20180424_021217_01.jpg (1159x1333, 340K)

>the IEC design

which IEC design are you talking about here?

Or these things. Works pretty good, but my sense of aesthetics doesn't agree with using these.

Sorry, I meant the proposed standard variant of this type of plug the EU also has considered.

But it decided to stick with the status quo twice because laziness + surely the crappy 2.5A Europlug and USB do the job, eh.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60906-1

Attached: at_an_angle_t12.jpg (625x413, 49K)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60906-1

is there any reason for the different dimensions to the already existing swiss plugs? it seems pretty stupid to have two plugs that look basically the same except they aren't compatible because of some millimeters of difference. Or was the IEC design first and the swiss one is at fault?

GB is the only plug we'll need desu.

If you disagree you're more likely to be a communist, and probably a homosex as well. fact!

Not technology related.

this thread is not technology related?

>is there any reason for the different dimensions to the already existing swiss plugs?
Two come to mind:
1. They could make the plug a bit small and more robust, figures we got better at molding plastics since when the first design was out or something.

2. It's Europe. Like in most places, we're talking about a kindergarten for adults.

Switzerland couldn't possibly be at an advantage to NOT have to swap its plugs and yet benefit from all that standardization while the rest has to invest all these 100 gorillions of EUR to save money.

> Or was the IEC design first and the swiss one is at fault?
AFAIK, the Swiss design was first, IEC made an improved variant with sleeves on the pins and so on when designing the proposed standard for the EU / the whole world. Maybe they also did some improvements to the sockets, I'm not entirely informed about the history here.

Either way, then Switzerland updated its standard a few times to basically fully match the features from the IEC proposal apart from the dimensions, so now they're almost the same.

fucking politics

British plug. This shit is so good.
32A max, that means that US will have kettles after all.
t. Russki.

Definitely German ones.

Have ground
Reversible

It is just 10A as I know.

>32A at 240v max, 7680 watts
>ywn run a cryptomining operation off of one power strip

And one powerline/breaker.
It is indeed the best socket ever made.

Germans are too weak. I like Czech ones more.

But they are not reversible.

That is good. It means that live wire will be live

Now you know why the Danes are the happiest people on the globe.

Attached: type-k.jpg (251x325, 11K)

We basically use the JP plugs here except we only have 2 instead of 3 plugs, but our higher draw sockets are 3 prong like the US plugs.
newer houses are starting to be all 3 pronged though.

We also have these, dedicated 220v sockets.

Attached: 220v.jpg (450x450, 12K)

13A max per socket, the 32 is for all sockets on the circuit breaker combined.

It can be beefed up.

D;

UK plugs are by far the best and it's not even close

Attached: white_plug_kenable_2.jpg (1600x1600, 98K)

I'm pretty sure I've seen vibrators that look like this.

The only standard that's UMA DELICIA

Attached: IMG_20180423_141931.jpg (3120x4160, 957K)

Soi detected. Kys.

Attached: IMG_20180423_142013.jpg (3120x4160, 958K)

>should we put the fuses in the house so in case of a short in the wiring my house doesn't burn down?
>no put it in the plug so that everything that has a plug is extra expensive
yeah, definitely the best, british exceptionalism at it's finest

>t. socketlet

Not an argument.

Could possibly in the future USB replace normal power sockets?

The power it can put through keeps rising

Attached: USB-Comparison-Chart.jpg (878x354, 252K)

youtu.be/UEfP1OKKz_Q

I don't like that Denmark has their own special plugs that require adapters

but it's the only country I visit where plugging something in to an outlet actually cheers me up

It's easier to manufacture electronics for exporting if everyone uses the same plug.