Alright Jow Forums

Alright Jow Forums

Help me better understand IP addressing?

I missed a question on my last exam and it is really pissing me off.

Why would 132.235.679.111 be an invalid IP address??

Attached: tubes.jpg (196x293, 11K)

>679

all an ipv4 address is is a decimal representation of 4 bytes (32 bits)
each octet can only be from 0-255 as a result, 679 cannot be represented as a byte, as it's over 255

okay so what does that mean???

GOD DAMN IT
i also missed

> Explain why and IT manager buys more expensive hard drives for a high performance computer

and

> Explain how the new USB 3 standard allows for faster peripheral devices

70 questions ugh

you should study first
just saying

>> Explain why and IT manager buys more expensive hard drives for a high performance computer
I'm guessing it's because the more powerful a computer is, the more noticeable its slowest part it, ergo, the slowest 'part' of a high performance PC would be the reading/writing to disk, especially the writing operation.
>> Explain how the new USB 3 standard allows for faster peripheral devices
Engineering magic and years of research?

yeah, these were bonus questions.
I really care about it otherwise i wouldn't be out here trying to understand lol.

In which case does anyone have book recommendations, and or learning videos delegated for telecom and internet infrastructure?

Had had more time i'd have said something about SSDs and make a comparison to a car maybe
?

USB3 question still working on that

Attached: trs80-i.jpg (570x375, 43K)

and for those curious, yes, you can often use ipv4 addresses in other formats
for example, Jow Forums's address is 104.16.116.221, which can also be written as;
0x681074DD (hex), or
1745908957 (flat decimal)

these are simple questions, and are probably after basic answers
>Explain why and IT manager buys more expensive hard drives for a high performance computer
more expensive hdd's could refer to 7200, 10000, and 15000 RPM disks, which have higher performance than 5600 RPM disks, they often also have more on-board cache ram. higher RPM means lower access latency for faster seeking.
>Explain how the new USB 3 standard allows for faster peripheral devices
USB 3 support 5 or 10Gb/s transfer rates, up from USB 2's 480Mb/s (0.48Gb/s), this is achieved through the use of additional transmission lines behind the original 2

This is information is of high value.

Thank you Anons.

is this book you've posted any good?

highly recommended read

would love to turn this thread into a technology book thread if need be

I have way too many technology book PDF's that I haven't bothered to read. This book is one of the few I have and I found it very interesting. It's not particularly complex by any stretch of the imagination but I enjoy how it is written.

Attached: codecharlespetzold.jpg (318x473, 15K)

I've only looked at the networking information in this book but it's proven to be helpful as a reference on certain topics.

Attached: 51VH1P9rL2L._SX375_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (377x499, 36K)

come on, you could have easily bullshitted both
the expensive drives probably last longer and maybe have higher speed
usb3 probably has more data wires or switches signals faster

honestly all questions in university can be answered by reading the damned books, wish I had the push and the incentives to read them. depression is one hell of a drug. i only managed to read 2 books out of 4 in my course

1. Bottleneck. A computer with fast operations would be bottlenecked without fast buffer/IO Speed

2. more lanes. USB has 9 wires total USB 2 4. It can be full duplex rw at same time vs half duplex. Read and then write

You can google this shit you know ...

Ask the teacher, Billy. Jow Forums is not Networking 101.

>especially the writing operation
Reading takes more time than writing.

You can have only 256 bits so 255 is an edge.

are you hosting these anywhere?

Each octet is 8 bits you fucking retard

You mean this book? It was garbage, didn't finish.

It's sort of out of date, but that doesn't really matter given it explains the basics well.

The book here is also good, giving an interesting historical perspective, especially in the early 20th century.

Attached: 15937797.jpg (317x475, 59K)