Computer toothpaste

So how often do you guys swap your paste. I'm on year 5 on my overclocked FX-8350 and NH-U14S and i still get around the same temps i had 4 years ago. The NT-H1 pack says 3 years.

Attached: tm_.png (599x245, 30K)

Once or twice a day, like Jow Forums recommended. Got a routine setup, so it's not a hassle anymore.

Jow Forums recommends 1-2 times a day using mayo right?

This, it was bothersome in the beginning but you get used to it quickly.
If you open up your PC in the morning and before you go to bed to replace thermal paste, you'll get in the habit in a few days.

No, you should replace mayo every 12 hours, but it's worth it.

I have a Laptop with 47W TDP.
Normally temps peak at 75°C when 100℅ cpu usage
As soon as the temps get higher than 80°C I swap toothpaste.
I would say every year.
Its good to have the temps in your system tray.

In a similar thread someone told us he swaps the paste every Christmas.

What do you guys use to scrape away old paste? I was thinking toothbrush but now I’m hearing it needs to be more abrasive like steel wool or a paint scraper

i switched my paste 5 months ago but that's only because my CPU needed to be replaced and I thought "eh, might as well"
if not for that I would've been going on 5 years.

Attached: F4581705-01.jpg (444x265, 20K)

rubbing alcohol and a paper towel are all you need. no need to scrape anything. just let the alcohol dissolve it and wipe it off.

>In a similar thread someone told us he swaps the paste every Christmas.
Overkill.
Even the cheap stuff is good for at least 3-4 years.

High pressure water hose does the job perfectly

3-4 hours you mean. The stuff literally won't last more than a week.

Never.

I havent replaced yet. Im on an fx-8350 and its at like 50C at 100% usage.

> (You)
>>In a similar thread someone told us he swaps the paste every Christmas.
>Overkill.
probably overkill, yes
>Even the cheap stuff is good for at least 3-4 years.
Correct me if i'm wrong:
The cheap stuff is designed to last long, and the expensive stuff is designed for lower temps.
Which means you have to swap expensive paste more often.
Source: some user from Jow Forums

>falling for Jow Forums's oldest bait
There is no reason to ever change your thermal paste if it was properly applied.

This. Currently 8th year with stock cooler and very conservative oc. Temps don't get above 57°C. Also i probably need to clean the dust, it's been 3 years.

Reapplied thermal paste to my trusty Phenom II x 4 955 last year (was still using the original paste from 2010) Been running smooth up to that point but decided to apply new as a "just in case" thing. So far she's been running just fine. Aside note: Bagged a Dell Dimension w/Core 2 Duo from a family member. It won't boot (powers on ok though), no post, nothing. Saw that the front intake was caked with dust so maybe it'll be a simple mater of overheating or failed hdd (thing is least 10 yrs old)

I change it every 10.000 miles.

My computer is 6 years old and I'm just now going to replace it now that my CPU cooler broke.

I'm curious to know how a cooler can break.

Liquid cooler. Fans attached to it stopped spinning. Don't know how it happened.

I got a W3550 second hand and at full load it goes a bit over the recommended temperature so I think I have to

What can I change in my diet so that my semen lasts longer when applied as thermal paste?

Attached: 1514046829753.png (403x672, 376K)

more strawberries

i havent changed the mayo on my i7 sandybridge since i installed the sweet cunt years ago, havent had a single issue since.

I don't know about noctuca stuff, but I noticed Arctic Silver 5 seems to stay liquid and never get flakey even after several years, just keep your heatsink clean and you'll be fine.

As many years as it takes for temps to go beyond the acceptable range.

I have had this pc for 10+ years and never swapped paste

Once a year or so, or whenever I see the temps going up significantly on any of my desktops or laptops. I automatically repaste all new laptops with Arctic Silver 5. I usually find a quiet weekend in January to repaste everything over two days.

It's been 8 years and I've never touched the thermal paste

Same, but now temps are 90-100C occasionally. Youtube of all things causes it to heat up. Are there any other options to add along with paste? There isn't any more room for fans inside.

>There isn't any more room for fans
Cut holes in the case

I'll report back with results

cum arguably works better

dont move, dont touch.
if u see temp going up, clean.
if no change, change paste, use acetone to clean entire circuitry.

like twice a year
currently on 38°

I burned my CPU by covering the laptop on the bed with a blanket after I got up. The thing was that the laptop did not go to sleep as usual, but stayed on and overheated extremely. I was playing call of duty and because the game was running or I don't know.

Well after that the processor was rated from 6.9 to 5.7 on windows rating. Well before that was cancelled...

Anyway attrition can lower processor performance, albeit only by change of material, like high temperature, UV, oxidation, etc.

cum coagulates dickhead!

Attached: 1524167701984.jpg (720x431, 55K)

>not changing toothpaste every 20 minutes

Attached: inchicute.jpg (636x900, 310K)