Do you need a good PC for programming if you're just making PHP and Javascript shit?

Do you need a good PC for programming if you're just making PHP and Javascript shit?

Attached: 1796ti.jpg (600x325, 57K)

No. I do all my scripting on a craptop running Zorin. Works fine for me.

Also
>Hurr durr can't quit Vim
Ebin

Attached: How2QuitVIM.png (726x435, 37K)

You only get that screen if you start vim manually.

If it's the default editor, you open some random file and NO ESCAPE.

I've used Vi/Vim/Gvim a collective of maybe 2 hours, and I've already got how to exit memorized. It's not that hard.

The only ide that takes a bit of resources is android studio. And if you use an android device to debug wich you should , it's not that bad.
Get an i3 , 8gb of ram and a 240gb ssd and you're set.
If you like php learn laravel or symphony. React or angular 2 for js.

>having to memorise a command simply to exit a program
>not having it as an obvious option using common shortcuts

Luckily if you press C-c it tells you to type :quit to exit vim.

In what world is something like Cntrl + C more obvious than :q? Q is literally in the word "Quit", I is in the word "Insert", ext. It's not hard to wrap your mind around. How do you get "quit" from Cntrl + C?

>common shortcuts

Also don't fall for the retards using backwards text editors here.
Use VS and VS code when you can. Java is kinda fucked up since eclipse is outdated and idea ides are paid.
If you got to do scripts and stuff go ahead and use nano or whatever command line editor.
If you want a real lightweight free editor notepad++ is fine but i'd rather wait a bit for tge file to open and have more features.
I used atom on a t5xxx dual core with xubuntu , features over meme performance

I have used vim for a long time, so I know how to do it.
The reason the joke is there is you need to know in order to do it and even when you know, it can be frustrating to exit.
A very common example is you hit q to exit. (like you do in a ton of other applications)
q starts recording a macro, so you need to exit that before you can exit the editor.
I still find it faster to just use two keys since if I do it wrong, I don't have to do anything between the time I do it right, it works.

What's more common than Cntrl + C for terminating a command line program? Hell, most command line editors for various languages use Cntrl + C to exit editing. Unless you're telling me you actually terminate every terminal you open when you're done running something.

>Do you need a good PC for programming if you're just making PHP and Javascript shit?
No. Any old piece of junk will do.

see

Both of those posts are mine. Again, how does Cntrl + C make more sense than :q? It literally stands for "quit". What does the C stand for?

do they still donate to those children in uganda?

Ctrl+d is a more common way to exit.

cancel?

>both of those posts are mine

Then you're arguing against yourself. friendo.

What the fuck is C-c? You vimfags speak some kind of 80’s language

Except it doesn't "cancel" the current environment, it terminates it. Furthermore, nowadays you have it conflicting with copy on the GUI side of things. Wanna talk about confusing? How about that culture leap for someone who hasn't used the command line before.

No, I'm not. I acknowledge that Cntrl + C is the more common way of doing things. What I want to know is how does it make more sense than :q when it literally stands for "quit".

I thought if you were an emacs user you would know. It means C(trl)-c.

You literally just asked and answered your own question in a single sentence.

>Except it doesn't "cancel" the current environment, it terminates it.
In a terminal, you type a command and hit enter to execute it.
While the command is running, you might want to cancel it.
ctrl+c sends a signal to cancel the command.
ctrl+d is a better way to shut it down as it is an exit command.
This is used in most scripting environments like most terminal emulators, python, R etc.
Alternatively, you have applications like less which quits on 'q'. "esc : q ! enter" is not the same as that.
Even with ed, you just write q.

>not :x
It's literally save and quit. Why would you type more intentionally?

>hurr q is in quit
and c is in cancel

>javascript
yes. You need beastly pc. Big thanks to brovsers eating resources like hell and js being resource ineficient crap.
Unless of course you write code without checking if it works.

Actually it would be better to test your projects on slow hardware to make sure it runs well on anything

>wq!
Saving and ignoring changes at the same time. It's like brushing your teeth and eating coal after that.

Does not apply to web dev.
You need best machine for browser itself.
Testing on weak machine? Code works? Chrome update - not enough memory yo open emty tab.

hi :)

See

See

See

See

See

See

kek

>hur I cant [:]q[uit] vi[m]
Meanwhile Emacs gets a free pass
How to you quit Emacs? C-xC-c?
Very memorable...
Don't get me started on info.. literally NO ESCAPE
They couldn't come up with less intuitive shotcuts even if they tried

>>:wq! to write and quit even if file has only read permission (if file does not have write permission: force write)
fucking retard

Oh user, you proved me wrong. Here's your (((you)))

>hurrdurr i was only pretending to be retarded

>its ok to call people out when i dont know shit about things im talking about
wtf, i love nu-g