1050 vs 1050 Ti? Is it worth the 50 buck price difference?

1050 vs 1050 Ti? Is it worth the 50 buck price difference?

Attached: MPXKwgc.png (1505x1568, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. Go ahead and end the thread now

It's a good office gpu.

big time

You might as well if you really have your heart set on buying a modern gen Nvidia cards. But, if $$ is the thing holding you back, i would look at second hand GTX 900 cards. You could find something awesome that'll blow a 1050ti out of the water.

If it's anything like my experience with other cards with 2 vs 4GB of RAM. The extra VRAM alone is worth $50 let alone pure performance improvements.

>1050ti
how the fuck is someone this poor?

>paying 50% more over 5-10% performance
no

Maybe it's all xhe needs? The 1050Ti is still pretty good for lighter stuff.

Both are okay to watch movies.

>5-10% performance
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

>xhe
What the fuck is a "xhe"?
Where do these dumb made up pronouns keep coming from?

homosexuality and stupidity

Yeah, everyone knows it's "xe"!

It's a big difference go for TI.

My little brother has a 1050ti, he has to play new games on medium or low.

I have a shit tier 3gb 1060, I can still play the newest games on ultra 60fps1080p.

Get the 6gb 1060 if you can, if you're considered about >gaming, because Far Cry 5 used around 2.7gb VRAM already.

This.

You're a retard or underage if you don't understand what's going on.

Thread derailment?

VRAM doesn't matter. I've been hitting the 2GB limit on my 660ti for years and it's really the reduced bus size that fucks you over. The 1060 has the same reduced-bus that the 660/660ti has, 192-bit as opposed to 256-bit on the 1070/ti and 1080/ti.

This is how nVidia keeps their weaker cards weak. If you're going to buy a 1060, I'd highly recommend waiting and saving for a card without a gimped bus.

2048 bit bus coming through

I can understand that.

I had to buy a Gpu last year because my 560ti finally died on me, lasted me 6 years and was able to play new games last year on pretty much everything medium with its' measly 1gb VRAM.

I wanted a 1070 ideally but crypto miners made that unattainable back then.

I'm pretty impressed with this gigabyte mini 1060, cost me 200 euro.

Yes.
Save and get a GTX 1060.

50 is a little too much for 5% more performance, but the extra vram should help a lot.

1080 > 1070 TI > 1070 >>>>>>>>>> 1060 6GB >>>>>>>> 3GB >> Ti > 1050

Point is, just save up for a 1060.
1050 or ti is just not enough for anything.
it'll be about the same actually thanks to crypto mining.
What? the cheapest 1050Ti i could find is £150. That's still expensive as fuck, normally each gen you'd get a 1060-level card for that amount of money but not anymore thanks to crypto.
Also, do you even realize that the 750Ti is still the fourth most popular video card according to the steam hardware survey? It's only beaten by the 1060, the 1050 Ti, and the 960 and only 0.74% actually own a 1080 Ti, as opposed to 10.85% owning a 1050 Ti. If you so much as live in Europe or US, chances are, you're richer than the worldwide computer-owning average

Isn't a way to refer to someone who's gender is not known the word "They"? I'm pretty sure there's a wikipedia page about Singular They. I don't see the need for pronouns other than singular They and He/She.

Thanks to china the GTX 750Ti and W7 are the most popular.

> Wanted a good laptop for work
> Choice between an HP with a 1060 and an i5 (forgot the exact model) or a Dell with a 1050ti and a 7700HQ
> Both roughly the same price
> Went with the Dell
I just wanted to avoid HP like the fucking plague because my previous experiences with their laptops have been awful. Cheeky shit designed to stop working after one year.
Please help me validate my purchase.

Attached: 1524453998435.jpg (255x220, 7K)

The only technically correct way to refer to a singular living entity of unknown gender is "he or she"

Wrong and also too much to say even if it was correct.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

Dell, Asus, Lenovo and IBM are the machines that do the real work, toys like HP and Apple are best avoided.

Sorry, I happen to live in the only relevant Western nation

Attached: file.png (1151x95, 17K)

They had asus laptops too but they were ROG shit so i immediately dismissed them.
Two of my friends in uni bought ROG shit and both failed in one way or another.
One had 2 keys stop working (I think it was F and G) and another the battery stopped working out of the blue.

yeah, it's funny how looking at the Linux-only survey it's all a different picture with chinks out of the way.
ROG stuff is meh at best, also cringy.
>stigmatised by illiterate hicks
not surprising, it's too much to understand for them.
>only relevant western nation
the US is only relevant because it's a meme-fuelled laughing stock of the world at best, and an ideological cancer polluting people's minds and the environment at worst. I bet you tip too, mutt.

I fix computers for a living, you should never ever buy a HP laptop, they come with multiple planned obsolescence problems.

Main one is gimped cooling in BGA chips so RIP GPU, then there is the hinges problem connected to plastic screw holes, even if the laptop is made from metal they just put plastic ones, which break after a year.
Then there is the horrible HDD protection, 2 foam strips.

This applies to every single laptop of them.

Only Lenovo (anything outside Ideapads) and Dell(Outside 3000 series laptops) make proper laptops this days.
And MSI but they are hit or miss based in the mo

I own a 1050ti and can run nearly every game I own at Max with over 100fps

no, but a wiser choice would be to save up for a 1060.

I have amd a6-6310 with apu, yes, poor people exist faggot

>with apu
i meant with integrated graphics

i have a 1050ti and can easily get 144hz in most games i play (heroes of the storm, overwatch) and if it's bit more graphically demanding (like world of warships) i can get 100 which is fine. probably more of a bottleneck in my cpu and ram (dual core i37300 / 8gb 2400) than the gpu.

well i own a Thinkpad x201 with some form of Intel Graphics that isn't even HD and i can run Star Trek Voyager Elite Force at 120 FPS

Can't speak to the 1050, but the 1050ti is surprisingly capable. Had one in an SFF Dell OptiPlex 990 (i7 2600 / 16GB / 250GB SSD) for quite some time, and just moved the 1050ti to a SFF Precision T1700 (i7 4770 / 32GB / 500GB SSD).

Played WoW, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3, PUBG, and some other things at 1080p just fine.